[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.418] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 23 Mar 2016, 16:51

MCPXXL wrote:Hello

i am new to this but verry interristet in this editor it looks awsome

I am able to load a map and edit it
save is also done but tyrying to load the map will crash my system
is there something what i have to do addiontional ?

and please excuse my german grandpa english

Here is how to use:
1. Unpack editor and move FAForeverMapEditor.exe and FAForeverMapEditor_Data where you want.
2. Run FAForeverMapEditor.exe
3. Click on "Settings..." button
4. Paste paths of "gamedata" folder and "maps" folder and click save
5. Click on "Search map..." and select folder and scenario.lua file
6. Click Load
7. Map should now load. It can take some time, because editor needs to search and unpack needed textures from "Gamedata"

Maybe you missed point 4.
Also be sure that you select scenario.lua file, not other lua files.

Should work but if not, then send me "output_log.txt" from "FAForeverMapEditor_Data" folder.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.418] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 24 Mar 2016, 09:57

v0.419
- Added Export heightmap with scale
- saving scm file is broken, working on that. Something is wrong with saving preview image.
- WIP stratum paint

http://ozonex.pl/fafmapeditor/fafmapeditor_alpha_v0419.zip
ozonex
Priest

Re: [Alpha 0.419] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby biass » 24 Mar 2016, 10:33

Hey ozone, as always good work

If i could request something, it would be some different and better options for stratum brushes, while you're working on it

After a small enough size, the current brush stops functioning correctly, making it difficult to really get into the edges

Also in a few different basic shapes, getting into the said edges is also a lot harder with only a round brush

thank you~

Spoiler: show
Yes i know i can do it in photoshop
i rather not have to import/export 7634259872365i times :)
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby ozonex » 24 Mar 2016, 10:56

biass wrote:Hey ozone, as always good work

If i could request something, it would be some different and better options for stratum brushes, while you're working on it

After a small enough size, the current brush stops functioning correctly, making it difficult to really get into the edges

Also in a few different basic shapes, getting into the said edges is also a lot harder with only a round brush

thank you~

Spoiler: show
Yes i know i can do it in photoshop
i rather not have to import/export 7634259872365i times :)

No problem ;)
ozonex
Priest

Postby ozonex » 30 Mar 2016, 21:29

v0.420
- Fixed saving SCM files
- Fixed save of DDS textures
- Lighting edit page (Still need to add some functionality there)
- Cleanup in code and project files
- Some fixes in UI
- WIP Painting stratum layers
- WIP Save new preview image of map

http://ozonex.pl/fafmapeditor/fafmapedi ... _v0420.zip
ozonex
Priest

Re: [Alpha 0.420] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Krapougnak » 10 May 2016, 14:58

Is this still worked on ?
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby ozonex » 10 May 2016, 16:30

Yes and no.
I don't have free time right now to work on this project
ozonex
Priest

Postby Dragonfire » 13 May 2016, 12:23

I hope this project will continue ;)
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby CavemanHost » 13 May 2016, 17:38

Are there any known issues with windows 10 (home, 64 bit)?

I used your editor to edit twin rivers EP. I made a copy of the map, renamed the files, loaded them into the editor and made some changes. I saved them ("save as.." doesn't work for me btw), closed the editor, reopend the editor, loaded the edited map again and all markers were gone. I placed some markers, saved it again, closed and reopend the editor - now the markers were there but the map size was changed and I had to set it to "default" again. I finished placing all the markers, saved the map again, started supcom and tried to load the map for a skirmish game, but the lobby said I am missing the scenario.lua and the *.scmap file.

Maybe administrative privileges are needed for the editor to work properly? Although I did not notice any difference in behaviour when I tried to run it as admin. I also set the compatibility mode to win7, that made some symetry options work again (diagonal + diagonal).

I just noticed a few backup folders in the map folder. Could they interfer with the loading of the map?

Textures weren't accessible either, just white bitmaps and when I clicked on "paint" I got set back to the first register card (map title and description). The whole map also looked very pixelated and "rusty", totally different to your latest screenshots.

I also tried to use the original editor, but it seems like I need the original supcom for this. I only have forged alliance to work with.

EDIT: I noticed that I needed to change the namesand paths in the scenario.lua file.I also had incorecctly named the map files themselfes. After fixing that my changes to the map title and description still dont get saved, also all markers still disappear after saving and loading the map again.
CavemanHost

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: CavemanHost

Postby ozonex » 13 May 2016, 21:21

justify wrote:Are there any known issues with windows 10 (home, 64 bit)?

I used your editor to edit twin rivers EP. I made a copy of the map, renamed the files, loaded them into the editor and made some changes. I saved them ("save as.." doesn't work for me btw), closed the editor, reopend the editor, loaded the edited map again and all markers were gone. I placed some markers, saved it again, closed and reopend the editor - now the markers were there but the map size was changed and I had to set it to "default" again. I finished placing all the markers, saved the map again, started supcom and tried to load the map for a skirmish game, but the lobby said I am missing the scenario.lua and the *.scmap file.

Maybe administrative privileges are needed for the editor to work properly? Although I did not notice any difference in behaviour when I tried to run it as admin. I also set the compatibility mode to win7, that made some symetry options work again (diagonal + diagonal).

I just noticed a few backup folders in the map folder. Could they interfer with the loading of the map?

Textures weren't accessible either, just white bitmaps and when I clicked on "paint" I got set back to the first register card (map title and description). The whole map also looked very pixelated and "rusty", totally different to your latest screenshots.

I also tried to use the original editor, but it seems like I need the original supcom for this. I only have forged alliance to work with.

EDIT: I noticed that I needed to change the namesand paths in the scenario.lua file.I also had incorecctly named the map files themselfes. After fixing that my changes to the map title and description still dont get saved, also all markers still disappear after saving and loading the map again.

I'm working on win10 64bit.
Stratum painting is not ready jet. Actually this editor is in very early stage.
I saved and loaded maps using latest version and it seems to work. Can you please send me log files? They should be generated inside Data folder.

First open, edit and save map and copy log file.
Then restart editor load saved map and copy log file again.
Send end me these 2 files.

Maybe it crash on something and not load/save map as it should.

Btw. There is a way to run official editor on FA. There was something on FAF wiki about this.
ozonex
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors