[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.601] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby KingKekistan » 03 Jul 2018, 19:13

I guess there are a lot questions about how this editor works and i have some too. Any here who want make a youtube video for explaining?
btw. can i give one person prebuild units?
KingKekistan

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: KingKekistan

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 19:52

KingKekistan wrote:I guess there are a lot questions about how this editor works and i have some too. Any here who want make a youtube video for explaining?
btw. can i give one person prebuild units?

We will soon start to make some video tutorials. Right now there is only wiki and few skilled map authors who know how to use it so not be scared to ask. You can also check old video tutorials for old official map editor, idea how they work is similar.

Wiki
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?ti ... Map_Editor
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby cel00 » 03 Jul 2018, 21:06

Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 21:21

cel00 wrote:Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.

Sounds like you have some issues with paths. Make sure you provided correct path to game installation folder in Edit/Preferences. Not sure what more can cause that behavior. What map are you trying to edit exactly?
ozonex
Priest

Postby cel00 » 03 Jul 2018, 21:33

ozonex wrote:
cel00 wrote:Already searched the wiki Page but couldn't find a solution. When I want to edit a map like Astro Craters all textures get changed into red-black stripes as soon as I save the map (Only visible in-game) for half a second it said that the high difference may cause rendering problems (deep hole didn't work). Hope its okay to ask questions here.

Sounds like you have some issues with paths. Make sure you provided correct path to game installation folder in Edit/Preferences. Not sure what more can cause that behavior. What map are you trying to edit exactly?

Astro Crater Battles
6 players, 10x10 km, v.1
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Postby ozonex » 03 Jul 2018, 21:36

cel00 wrote:
ozonex wrote:

Astro Crater Battles
6 players, 10x10 km, v.1

Don't have time right now to check it. I will send you PM tomorrow morning (European time). You can now enter faf discord and ask about that there, maybe someone will have some ideas.
ozonex
Priest

Postby Terminal » 04 Jul 2018, 00:49

I created a map today, and this is how it looked inside of the map creator.

But once inside of the game it ended up looking like this.

I tried playing with the lighting setting and the texture settings. If the game is launched through the map editor its a black screen, same as the preview and says "commander under attack".

Here are my texture settings.

Lighting settings a defult.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege.
-Joseph Stalin
Terminal
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Terminal

Postby ozonex » 04 Jul 2018, 06:42

Terminal wrote:Help will be greatly appreciated.

You made few mistakes.

1. You should start from Lower stratum and move up from layer 1 to 2,3 etc.
2. Don't change Upper stratum if you don't know what you are doing. That layer only stores blended overall noise.
3. Looks like you assigned wrong textures as Normal Maps. Normal map is that strange looking blue (or orange) texture and it stores information about roughness of the surface for lighting. Assigning wrong textures here can cause lighting to behave in strange way.

Watch this tutorial. It's about old editor, but how these layers works is similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_q_Xk ... O5qZP&t=0s
ozonex
Priest

Postby Terminal » 04 Jul 2018, 19:06

That helped a lot.

Thank you for the help.
Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege.
-Joseph Stalin
Terminal
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Terminal

Postby LukeT » 04 Jul 2018, 21:38

I've been playing around with the editor and I've encountered one major issue, it may be due to me missing something thats extremely important, however, whenever I spawn units that are associated with a player (ARMY_1) ect or others team such as Neutral, they fail to spawn, or spawn, however all acus fail to spawn instead, am I missing something?
LukeT

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: LukeT

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors