[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 23 Mar 2018, 11:36

Sprouto wrote:Ack - sorry to be so bothersome again, but I did forget one very semi-necessary tool for map marking. The ability to generate amphibious markers by copying the land and naval markers. This one feature can save a couple of hours of work for anyone marking a map.

There are also AutoPathNodes that you place same as amphibious nodes and it create naval and land nodes.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby Sprouto » 23 Mar 2018, 16:47

ozonex wrote:There are also AutoPathNodes that you place same as amphibious nodes and it create naval and land nodes.

Is this a new type of marker ? I marked a small map with these, saved it, loaded the map in a game, and the AI was unable to recognize them as either type.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby ozonex » 23 Mar 2018, 18:29

Sprouto wrote:
ozonex wrote:There are also AutoPathNodes that you place same as amphibious nodes and it create naval and land nodes.

Is this a new type of marker ? I marked a small map with these, saved it, loaded the map in a game, and the AI was unable to recognize them as either type.

Its marker that when saving is saved as 3 markers instead of one. Don't know why they don't work, probably nobody used them instead of me and maybe AI need exact names for these markers or something.
ozonex
Priest

Postby Sprouto » 23 Mar 2018, 19:00

They are stored in the save file as a new type - which would explain why the AI doesn't see them. I do however see that each marker does in fact create two entries in the save file. One for Land and one Amphibious - I'll have to have a look at the logic to see if they can be interpreted by the AI.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby Farmsletje » 03 Apr 2018, 15:39

After i downloaded the newest version its cpu usage is already at 80% when i don't even have a map opened yet.

< confused me

Edit: nvm got it fixed
Last edited by Farmsletje on 04 Apr 2018, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby FtXCommando » 03 Apr 2018, 16:33

bitcoin mining boiiiiii
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Morax » 04 Apr 2018, 13:27

Actually, I noticed as well that after I hit the "yes, run this program" button it doesn't show up for about 1-2 minutes... Something strange happened with the loading sequence, ozonex.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Farmsletje » 04 Apr 2018, 18:29

ctrl z still seems very buggy. When i make some heightmap adjustments the following happens:

Before adjustments: https://puu.sh/zWavM/5daae95c18.jpg
>
After raising terrain: https://puu.sh/zWawT/c2f0f4d5da.jpg
>
Using ctrl z to undo: https://puu.sh/zWaxs/1b3097e63b.jpg
>
Placing single mouse clicks with the brush brings back the old undone terrain adjustments: https://puu.sh/zWay4/dc8502b73b.jpg, https://puu.sh/zWays/a9843d4794.jpg

Also when you hide textures on map a and switch to map b, the textures on map b will be automatically hidden as well. Preferably the hide option would be map dependant.

When you zoom out too much the map disappears from your screen and you're unable to zoom back in?? :DDD

After making a height adustment in map a, then switching to map b and press ctrl z it will put the adjusted heightmap from map a into map b (most likely because it's trying to undo the change from map a). Maybe add a reset to the undolist when changing maps?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby ozonex » 26 Apr 2018, 17:20

Farmsletje wrote:ctrl z still seems very buggy. When i make some heightmap adjustments the following happens:

When you zoom out too much the map disappears from your screen and you're unable to zoom back in?? :DDD

After making a height adustment in map a, then switching to map b and press ctrl z it will put the adjusted heightmap from map a into map b (most likely because it's trying to undo the change from map a). Maybe add a reset to the undolist when changing maps?

I will take a look at these bugs

About camera you can use Home button to reset it to default position.
ozonex
Priest

Postby B_Kaliber » 28 Apr 2018, 16:11

Greetings!!!

First of all - you make awesome job here! And quite long already.

I am a beginner in this subject (in FAF and now - in FAF Map Editor), but i really want to try some things on the maps with your ME.

But, right from the start ive got the problem with loading the map. When i try to open scenario.lua nothing happens. I wait for a while but nothing happens - i still have the background picture in Map Editor. When i try to choose other map or to close the ME, i get the messege - do i want to save the changes on the current map... Can you please help me somehow?

Thanks a lot!!!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (242.22 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (234.45 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
B_Kaliber

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hot-iron-Chips

PreviousNext