[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.516] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby ozonex » 18 Feb 2018, 16:09

Petricpwnz wrote:
ozonex wrote:
Petricpwnz wrote:-In the texture list if you select a stratum, click on it's layer it opens a resource browser, if you close and reopen it the same way the files in resorce browser double
Spoiler: show
going to some other folder in the resource browser and back fixes the issue
Spoiler: show

I actually can't reproduce that. What texture it was? From what type.

Albedo, here a quick demonstration, maybe I just explained poorly https://puu.sh/zqnEh/4d042a5074.mp4

oh, ok. Its about custom assets.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.517] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Holynanners » 20 Feb 2018, 01:11

So thought I'd let you know Windows SmartScreen (LOL) detects the new version (a517) as malware. Dunno why.

This is on win10
"lol you peasents and your shitty gaming boxes" - [AIx]Necrosis
Holynanners
Crusader

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Weedgineer420

Postby ozonex » 20 Feb 2018, 07:56

PeanutCarl wrote:So thought I'd let you know Windows SmartScreen (LOL) detects the new version (a517) as malware. Dunno why.

This is on win10

I scanned all files to be sure, and there is noting wrong with them. Windows usually mark exe files downloaded from web as dangerous and potential malware.
ozonex
Priest

Postby speed2 » 20 Feb 2018, 13:32

Step 1: Make a map editor for FAF
Step 2: Sneak in a virus
Step 3: PROFIT!!
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Egon » 20 Feb 2018, 20:48

scanned editor files and my system with bitdefender, avast and windows defender and found no virus.
can u please tell me whats the name of the virus and what scanner u used.
Egon

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: FAF_Egon

Postby Holynanners » 24 Feb 2018, 20:39

I never said it was a real threat :P

Just that the exe was flagged by windows (Windows Defender), which tends to block non-microsoft files usually. Posted it here so future users aren't surprised if windows flags their download, that way they know it's safe.
"lol you peasents and your shitty gaming boxes" - [AIx]Necrosis
Holynanners
Crusader

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Weedgineer420

Postby tatsu » 26 Feb 2018, 22:08

Ozone this is freaking RAD !!!! :D
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby Sprouto » 02 Mar 2018, 02:36

Greetings again Ozone.

Firstly, the progress is impressive, I now feel that I can do all my mapwork in your editor - congrats. Having said that, I'm not a good mapper, if I do much it's to correct or understand issues for the LOUD AI Project. Having said that, I have a simple question - how can I eliminate a decal entirely from a map ? I have a map that has custom decals - too many of them in fact - and I'd like to remove most of them, and also remove the custom resource from the map folder.

I understand how to remove the decals from the map ( I select a decal from the list, press 'Select All', wait for the decals to appear highlighted on the map, and press Del key to remove them from map). However - the decal remains in the list of decals -- and I cannot remove the resource file since, if I do, the map will no longer load in the editor. How to entire remove even the reference to the decal from the map ?

Somewhat related - is there any way to swap one decal with another - like as with textures ?

If there's an answer - great - and thanks in advance.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby ozonex » 02 Mar 2018, 08:14

Sprouto wrote:=I understand how to remove the decals from the map ( I select a decal from the list, press 'Select All', wait for the decals to appear highlighted on the map, and press Del key to remove them from map). However - the decal remains in the list of decals -- and I cannot remove the resource file since, if I do, the map will no longer load in the editor. How to entire remove even the reference to the decal from the map ?

Somewhat related - is there any way to swap one decal with another - like as with textures ?

If there's an answer - great - and thanks in advance.

When you remove all decals from map, save it and reload, then references will refresh. Decal list don't store decals itself, but references and configuration. But that's not saved into map, only decal instances are. When editor load map it search for all similar configured decals and marge them into these "types".

You can't replace decal with another, but you can select decal type and change its textures. Then all of its instances on map will also change.

The structure is that there is global DecalType that holds information of textures and render type (albedo, normal etc.). All instances only have position, rotation and scale. But when you save, all texture and render data are saved with instances, because that is how decals are stored in scmap file.
Its maybe not the most intuitive way, but when you get use to it, it will get more powerful. You don't need to search for similar decals every time to duplicate it or create it from scratch. Its more like a brushes, when you select paint and just stamp them.
ozonex
Priest

Postby ElDiabolo » 03 Mar 2018, 22:34

Hey guys,

i wanted to try the editor but its not loading after i select a map. Ive read at the beginning that you might need a log what is in the _data folder..but i have no idea what file it is.
I have app.info; boot.config; data.unity3d;managed;resources;structure in the FAForeverMapEditor_Data folder.
ElDiabolo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ElDiabolo

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors