[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.513] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby Fourty7 » 17 Dec 2017, 16:07

Hey, first off thanks! Your editor is beautiful. Just wondering if there's a way to add/import brushes to be used for Terrain/Prop painting?

I tried creating a few PNGs and tried putting them in "...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data" & "...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Brushes" (created), didn't work :P

Also, if there is a way should they be Grayscale or RGB, also do they use transparency or brightness for input?

Thanks again.
Fourty7

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Fourty7

Postby TWELVER » 17 Dec 2017, 16:13

Hello, I faced with the problem of prop which cannot be disposed of so I want to remove it from your map . the map is created using your editor but I have not found how to remove the prop :?: :?: :?: :?:
TWELVER

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Aeonuss

Postby ozonex » 17 Dec 2017, 16:19

Fourty7 wrote:Just wondering if there's a way to add/import brushes to be used for Terrain/Prop painting?
[...]
Also, if there is a way should they be Grayscale or RGB, also do they use transparency or brightness for input?

Thanks again.

All brush textures are in "FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Structure\brush" and editor use red channel.

TWELVER wrote:Hello, I faced with the problem of prop which cannot be disposed of so I want to remove it from your map . the map is created using your editor but I have not found how to remove the prop :?: :?: :?: :?:

To remove props you need to hold left alt and then paint. Left alt works in whole editor as inverse.

btw. Just uploaded Hotfix4 with small fix in saving *.scmap file.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby TWELVER » 17 Dec 2017, 17:02

Hello now I have a question opening the Decals tab I have button does not work Place Decals as if trying to move from a resource base that does not work too :!: :?: :?:
TWELVER

FAF User Name: Aeonuss

Postby ozonex » 17 Dec 2017, 17:59

TWELVER wrote: Hello now I have a question opening the Decals tab I have button does not work Place Decals as if trying to move from a resource base that does not work too :!: :?: :?:

When you open resource browser you need to drag into Decals tab to list of Decals. Remember to select asset type Decals in resource browser, because you can only drop Decals there.
When you have decal on list you can select it and then "place Decals" button will work.
Before you place decal you can use E key for rotation and R for scale.
Remember to select proper symmetry in symmetry window.

edit:
Sorry, I readed again what i written here and i make mistake. I work too much :D.

That's how Props works, you drop them on the list and then paint with them. For decals you need to first create new decal type with "+" button at bottom of decals list. Then you drag textures into channels (texture1 on the left and optional texture2 on the right) and select render type from dropdown. Then you are able to place them on the map.
Last edited by ozonex on 17 Dec 2017, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
ozonex
Priest

Postby SlimJlm Tim » 17 Dec 2017, 20:38

Hello Im a little confused on how to get this running after getting the files i try to run the EXE it comes with but when i do it deletes its self and tells me the EXE cant be found im sure im doing this wrong if you need any information from me poke me on Discord " Slimjlm Tim #2519 " but if it is just me doing something wrong could someone help me out.
SlimJlm Tim

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SlimJlm Tim

Postby ozonex » 17 Dec 2017, 20:42

SlimJlm Tim wrote:Hello Im a little confused on how to get this running after getting the files i try to run the EXE it comes with but when i do it deletes its self and tells me the EXE cant be found im sure im doing this wrong if you need any information from me poke me on Discord " Slimjlm Tim #2519 " but if it is just me doing something wrong could someone help me out.

Sounds like antivirus is deleting exe. Its raw binary without instalation, so some antivirus programs can block it.
ozonex
Priest

Postby SlimJlm Tim » 17 Dec 2017, 20:48

ozonex wrote:
SlimJlm Tim wrote:Hello Im a little confused on how to get this running after getting the files i try to run the EXE it comes with but when i do it deletes its self and tells me the EXE cant be found im sure im doing this wrong if you need any information from me poke me on Discord " Slimjlm Tim #2519 " but if it is just me doing something wrong could someone help me out.

Sounds like antivirus is deleting exe. Its raw binary without instalation, so some antivirus programs can block it.

That was it Thank you i knew it had to be something dum, It look very nice btw good job
SlimJlm Tim

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SlimJlm Tim

Postby michips » 17 Dec 2017, 21:40

hi great job !
i try to test it but..... i cant creat army_1 army-2 etc ....
when i put blank markers i dont know how to do a army_1....etc
if yu can explain me i will be enjoy :)
sry my english is bad ...^^
michips

FAF User Name: michips

Postby ozonex » 17 Dec 2017, 21:48

michips wrote:hi great job !
i try to test it but..... i cant creat army_1 army-2 etc ....
when i put blank markers i dont know how to do a army_1....etc
if yu can explain me i will be enjoy :)
sry my english is bad ...^^

"Map" tab and there is "Armies" tab. You can create armies. Then if you create blank marker and name it same way as one of your army it will change icon to commander and it will be spawnpoint now.
ozonex
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors