[Alpha 0.606] FA Forever Map Editor

Post here if you want to help developing something for FAF.

Re: [Alpha 0.428] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby biass » 17 Nov 2016, 09:32

not bad, mountain tex needs work tho
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby CookieNoob » 17 Nov 2016, 10:30

I also tried to add more than 4 strata to Point of Reach Ultimate. However when using TTerrainXP there was some graphical glitch: when you zoom out ingame, it looks like water/some blue overlay is over some part of the land. adjusting the water level didnt fix that (it wasnt over the land), so I disabled it again. In your pictures this is visible too.

I like your changes and I hope you used the latest version of the map, so I can include them easily ;)
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby ozonex » 17 Nov 2016, 11:08

CookieNoob wrote:I also tried to add more than 4 strata to Point of Reach Ultimate. However when using TTerrainXP there was some graphical glitch: when you zoom out ingame, it looks like water/some blue overlay is over some part of the land. adjusting the water level didnt fix that (it wasnt over the land), so I disabled it again. In your pictures this is visible too.

I like your changes and I hope you used the latest version of the map, so I can include them easily ;)

Yes, its latest version. I sended you PM with map and bug that i have.

I also found bug with water, but I thoungh that is bug in my editor. Are there any maps with TTerrainXP shader and water? If this is only on this map, then we can fix it, but if on all water maps when we should look in shader.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby ozonex » 19 Nov 2016, 01:21

v0.429
- Editor now support only 64bit
- Fixed bug in saving save.lua
- Added Linear Brush for painting stratum layers
- Added Scattering for brush settings for painting stratum layers
- Editor now generates Minimap Colors (ground + water)
- Editor now regenerates WaterMask after painting heightmap
- Painting heightmap should be faster
- Fixed small bugs in UI of stratum layers
- Added "Version" and "AdaptiveMap" values in scenario.lua

http://ozonex.pl/fafmapeditor/fafmapeditor_alpha_v0429.zip

In last days I tested editor in painting textures and heightmap. I have found a bug in TTerrainXP shader, fixed and Speed2 helped me to push it to FAF update. I also added some usefull tools for painting as Linear brush and Scattering.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Re: [Alpha 0.429] FA Forever Map Editor

Postby CookieNoob » 19 Nov 2016, 01:53

the variable is called "map_version" not only version :)

minimap colors and that new brush are really awesome!

I found a small bug, when you add army markers, it doesnt check if a marker with that name is already present. In my case the map had "ARMY_1",.... "ARMY_6", "ARMY_9", "NEUTRAL_CIVILIAN". Adding an additional marker caused "ARMY_9" to be added (not really relevant on most maps though).
Spoiler: show
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (60.4 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
CookieNoob
Priest

Postby froggyman » 30 Nov 2016, 15:08

Wow totally love this thing! I searched for something like this FOREVER (wow that was a really bad one.) :D

Setting markers, selecting them, the graphic, the raster - really impressed by all those cool features but unfortunatly the one which is the most important for me - importing heightmaps - doesn't work atm: (Did it work before?)
I click on the button and nothing happens.

Also iam experiencing a slight performance issue:
When iam really near to the floor the painting works perfectly smooth but when scrolled out it gets really low fps and hard to work with.

my log:
Initialize engine version: 5.4.3f1 (01f4c123905a)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ID=0x1380)
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 2016 MB
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\System.Windows.Forms.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading ...\MapEditor\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\System.Windows.Forms.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.042 seconds
Platform assembly: ...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: ...\FAForeverMapEditor_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.710360 ms
no image

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Load file:C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps/oramens_path_v1/Oramens_Path_V1_scenario.lua

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Load SCMAP file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps/Oramens_Path_V1/Oramens_Path_V1.scmap

PropCount 0, 53

Found props: 0

Props types: 0

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 1284 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 2444 -> priority: 1
froggyman

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: froggyman

Postby dassmatte » 15 Dec 2016, 15:18

Hello!

Im beginning to say that i like the initiative from you to make a map editor for FA since the others require the first Supcom to work. Thou I can't seem to load all available content in the game in to the editor. And when i press "New map" shouldn't a new blank map pop up, or a window where i specify size or something? I edited a map from the original game just to test everything and then pressed "save as.." and the editor wrote over the original :S steam validation fixed that, and then a repair of the FAF client in case steam wrote over some files.

I have SupCom Forged Alliance via Steam and FAF installed on the computer.

And the gamedata path wasn't accurate the way you described it, I had to go down one more level to get it to work, like this:

E:/Spel/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/

What is going on here? Really eager to try this :)
dassmatte

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: dassmatte

Postby CookieNoob » 15 Dec 2016, 15:41

the editor is still in alpha state, this means that the editor is not yet feature complete. Adding/changing units (i.e. civilians) is not supported yet. The original maps should be "read only" thus you cant override them with the editor easily...

There are some bugs though, so reporting them is very welcome, but these things are just not implemented features.
CookieNoob
Priest

Postby dassmatte » 15 Dec 2016, 16:39

CookieNoob wrote:the editor is still in alpha state, this means that the editor is not yet feature complete. Adding/changing units (i.e. civilians) is not supported yet. The original maps should be "read only" thus you cant override them with the editor easily...

There are some bugs though, so reporting them is very welcome, but these things are just not implemented features.

Thank you for replying so quickly, and no, the original map WAS overwritten in an instant without any prompt and when i tried the map in a skirmish game it just went back to the start menu of the game.

So you can't start a complete blank map? You have to load an already existing map and wipe away everything to start "blank"?
Got any link to a tutorial on this editor? :)

P.S I'm going to try and wipe everything and make a clean install of everything, that might do it.
dassmatte

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: dassmatte

Postby CookieNoob » 15 Dec 2016, 16:42

unfortunately it is impossible to create an entire map in this editor atm. You need the original editor as a starting point (or just download a completely empty map like the map "Flat" from the vault) and use that.

no need to wipe anything :D just make sure you work with a copy of the original map and not the original map itself.
CookieNoob
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Contributors