build queue after normal build order

Moderator: keyser

build queue after normal build order

Postby Golol » 21 May 2013, 15:20

I dont know if this is possible in any way or theres a UI mod for it but i havent heard of that yet.
Imagine you have forgot to build t1 arty and you have 50 t1 tanks but no arty.
so you can just make a usal 1/4 or 1/3 arty to tank build loop with your factories.
but that will take years until you have the arty so the smartest way is to stop your factories and let them each build 5 arties.
when they are finished you have to set up a build loop again, what is pretty annoying and needs micro.
i think it would be really cool if there was a way to set build orders, and queue a loop right after the orders.
for example if you activate the repeat button on a factory, a "|" appears in front of your queue. you can now queue up stuff etc. and move around the line.
when you are finished, everything that is behind the line will be repeated.
so you order 5 arties, click on repeat, move the line behind the arties and then order 4 tanks and 1 arty. the factory will now build 5 arties and then loop 4 tanks + 1 arty.
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Re: build queue after normal build order

Postby ZaphodX » 21 May 2013, 15:32

Use factory assist to setup one master factory with a repeatable build queue. On all the other factories assisting the master you can queue up what you need eg 5 artys from 3 factories, which will give you 15 arty on the field and then they automatically go back to copying the master factory again.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Cuddles » 21 May 2013, 16:18

ZaphodX wrote:Use factory assist to setup one master factory with a repeatable build queue. On all the other factories assisting the master you can queue up what you need eg 5 artys from 3 factories, which will give you 15 arty on the field and then they automatically go back to copying the master factory again.

Say what? I hope i'm not missing something really useful in the game.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Golol » 21 May 2013, 16:22

so a factory that assists another factory does what its "master" factory does as long as it has no other things and queue? and when it finished it returns to master factory queue
thats cool thx. i didnt like factory assissting because you might upgrade all of your factories suddenly but thats cool
Golol
Contributor

Postby rootbeer23 » 21 May 2013, 16:41

Golol wrote:so a factory that assists another factory does what its "master" factory does as long as it has no other things and queue? and when it finished it returns to master factory queue
thats cool thx. i didnt like factory assissting because you might upgrade all of your factories suddenly but thats cool

if you upgrade the assisted factory that does not upgrade the assisting factories.
there are a bunch of tricks let me share:

1) each assisting factory has its own waypoint (applies to units that were not taken off the assisted factories queue).
You can give attack move orders to assisting factories to various points on the map and build a few engis to reclaim.
2) in a similar way, you can assign a patrol waypoint to a slave air factory and thus you can initiate a scout with a single
production command on the slave factory
3) you can pause a t1 factory and queue up tech upgrades and high tech units and the real tech3 factory can assist the
paused tech1 factory, so when you change the queue, you dont abort the current unit in production and you can insert
units aside from the main queue, even if you only have 1 t3 factory.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Golol » 21 May 2013, 18:03

factories assisting eachother?
isnt this stuff engimod?
is engimod in the main game already? didnt even realize if it was.
Golol
Contributor

Postby rootbeer23 » 21 May 2013, 18:13

Golol wrote:factories assisting eachother?
isnt this stuff engimod?

no.
assisting has to do with that yellow cross in the circle.
http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Assist
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Golol » 21 May 2013, 18:20

oh wait i am so stupid.
i thought with that assissting i meant asissting with buildpower like it was proposed in some engimod thread.
that factories can assisst other factories like engineers.
Golol
Contributor

Postby Cuddles » 22 May 2013, 08:19

This is awesome. Used it for the first time last night and won the game :mrgreen: But not becasue of that, gun upgrade :twisted: , BUT it does take the stress away from trying to mange a million factories.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Return to FAF Suggestions