Player Stats

Moderator: keyser

Player Stats

Postby prodromos » 20 May 2013, 16:42

Though I suspect it would be more difficult to do and even more difficult to maintain, I have to ask.
Would it be possible to have a database with player stats a la gpg?
Clicking on a player name and seeing, a recent game history, units killed, units built, exps built etc?
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Player Stats

Postby FireMessiah » 20 May 2013, 16:52

prodromos wrote:Clicking on a player name and seeing, a recent game history, units killed, units built, exps built etc?

I always thought some kind of "achievements" page would be nice, such as air built/tanks built, but I guess that requires some kind of live data tracking

right clicking a players name to get a page of info (wins/ratio/GW stats, last 10 replays etc etc) would be an excellent idea.
Ze_PilOt wrote:I know we live in a era when everything is done considering that the user is a total moron or retarded.
I find that insulting when a game is stating me the obvious ("press X to open the door" the 20th time I see a door).
hallelujah, amen.
FireMessiah

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: FireMessiah

Postby laPPen » 20 May 2013, 17:15

Or something like playertrack. This was a really nice source for data about players.
Does someone know who made playertrack and if this guy is active aswell in faf?
Or if it would be complicated to change playertrack in order to use faf and not gpg as source?
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby Cuddles » 20 May 2013, 18:49

hmmm, would make for a nice signature on the forums. Currently if you right click on player name in the chat tab in the lobby - you can see some info. For last games played, just do a search on the reply tab.

I was impressed with that little score chart thing that opens up. Would love to know what control they used to develop that.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Zock » 20 May 2013, 19:16

I think all should be possible, you can just use the hotstats statistics after each game, that are saved in the replay. You "just" need to collect them and make a nice interface for it.

And with the datas from the replayvault you can propably also make stats like maps played, factions played, individual win ratio on each map, your win ratio vs certain players..

But someone would have to do it. ;)
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby prodromos » 20 May 2013, 23:51

"someone would have to do it" and to maintain it!
It would not be easy; If I remember correctly that service stopped working after a few months in gpg.
It would be cool anyway to have it our disposal.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Return to FAF Suggestions