Working F.A Benchmark Tool / Results Index

Moderator: keyser

Working F.A Benchmark Tool / Results Index

Postby Crayfish » 22 Jan 2013, 13:25

Don't know if people give this as much thought nowdays, but Supcom has a built in benchmark tool:
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx ... 493&pgno=1
This was a really handy app at the time of Vanilla's release, since this game was really pushing hardware at the time (probably 2nd only to Crysis overall), so it was a great guide for people buying new hardware and for braging rights among overclocking types.
Unfortunately, the benchmarking tool was broken in F.A, showing a fixed number for everyone in one of the 2 main performance numbers. This combined with cheaper hardware and the great performance improvements that F.A brought means that the tool is almost forgoten about today.

Personally I would still really like to see a working bench tool. Big games are still pushing todays systems, and people still love to compare results of their homebuids. It would be great to also have a bench results index (that uses fixed settings) built into the FAF site as a hardware guide / performance leaderboard.

Anyone else?
LIBERTE
Crayfish
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Crayfish

Re: Working F.A Benchmark Tool / Results Index

Postby Dr_Doolittle » 08 Feb 2013, 19:56

I'm going to make a benchmark topic where I ask people to run a replay and note the elapsed real-time after 5 minute intervals, so I can calculate the simspeed throughout the replay. My goal is to find out which processors can manage a late in-game (30 or 60 minutes) simspeed of >0. I hope everyone will help, so everyone can benefit from the results. From that time on people will know what the recommended system requirements are.

But an build in benchmark test would be far more awesome, so I definately support your idea. People should also be able to add their benchmark results to their profile/avatar, to confince others of their reliable pc.
Crêpe toujours
Dr_Doolittle

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Stoop-ID

Re: Working F.A Benchmark Tool / Results Index

Postby Eukanuba » 09 Feb 2013, 00:19

I have an i5 2500k running at stock speed, and I've never played a game in which I've dropped below 0 speed. There are plenty of faster processors out there too.
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Return to FAF Suggestions