Capture Disable

Moderator: keyser

Capture Disable

Postby Marquistador » 26 May 2020, 07:19

Currently the capture command is basically useless, only used by t1 engies on undefended mexes or very rarely by on isolated factories to try and steal tech. My proposal is simple: allow capture to disable structures. I believe this would add depth to the game, and if thoughtfully implemented would have few downsides.

The primary use I imagine would be in early, scrappy battles. Coms could disable pd, allowing tanks to crush an expansion, an engineer drop could be microed to pause multiple factories in a spam setup. Disable also enables the capture command to function as intended, because without it capturing pd is at best suicidal.

Adding a disable to the capture command would encourage interactive, aggressive com gameplay, add depth to the early game scramble for expansions and reclaim, and return functionality to an otherwise unused feature.

Below is a breakdown of the disable functions for more specifics. With this setup there should be no broken lategame tactics introduced by the change.
Spoiler: show
Things that Capture SHOULD disable:
Point Defense
Anti Air
Factories
Shields

Things that Capture SHOULD NOT disable:
Nukes
Antinukes
Economy Structures

Things capture COULD disable but not really important:
TML
Quantum Gateways
T3 Arty
Stealth Towers
TMD
Intelligence Structures
T2 arty

Feedback and criticism would be greatly appreciated, what do you think about a feature like this?
I am of course willing to address any questions or concerns.
Marquistador

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Marquistador

Re: Capture Disable

Postby LabPunk » 10 Jun 2020, 21:03

While it sounds cool, I think it would be overpowered in certain situations. Especially with drones.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Return to FAF Suggestions