3710 ongoing development thread

Moderator: keyser

3710 ongoing development thread

Postby keyser » 08 Dec 2019, 12:55

Hello everyone,

this thread is meant to give you an overview of what is going on regarding the next game development/bugfix patch.
I will tag all Pull Requests for this patch with the 3710 milestone so you can easily filter and find them here
currently the following changes are merged into the deploy/fafdevelop branch and thus available for public testing via the faf client by playing the FAF Develop game mode:
Spoiler: show

Contributors:
  • KionX
  • wodzu93
  • keyser
  • speed2
  • Uveso
  • Strogo
  • Crotalus
  • Nojoke
  • PhilipJFry

Going to update this post every once in a while with PRs that have been merged.
Feel free to test these changes and provide (constructive) feedback regarding these changes/this patch if you wish.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Re: 3709 ongoing development thread

Postby keyser » 04 Jan 2020, 21:32

Updated. Expect a patch in january. Please test the "FAF develop" mod to spot any issues.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby armacham01 » 04 Jan 2020, 23:09

"1 - Add allies resources balance to scoreboard - Allow you to view the income of your allies, their storage and their current drain. By ctrl-click you can request mass, energy or engies. By shift-click you can give mass, energy or selected unit to your allies. . . ."

I had to disable Supreme Score Board to get this to work. (Otherwise, i just saw the normal supreme score board display)

When I did run it with Supreme Score Board disabled, I was able to see this info. Unfortunately, the players were not grouped on the score board according to team. Which is a pretty major drawback. Is there a way to make this compatible with Supreme Score Board or otherwise to add that functionality?

When I hovered my mouse over the numbers, they changed into something completely inaccurate. When I did not have my mouse over the score board, it correctly showed 27 mass per second and 552 power income. When i put my mouse over it, it showed 358 mass income and 13k power.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby keyser » 04 Jan 2020, 23:58

armacham01 wrote:"1 - Add allies resources balance to scoreboard - Allow you to view the income of your allies, their storage and their current drain. By ctrl-click you can request mass, energy or engies. By shift-click you can give mass, energy or selected unit to your allies. . . ."

I had to disable Supreme Score Board to get this to work. (Otherwise, i just saw the normal supreme score board display)

When I did run it with Supreme Score Board disabled, I was able to see this info. Unfortunately, the players were not grouped on the score board according to team. Which is a pretty major drawback. Is there a way to make this compatible with Supreme Score Board or otherwise to add that functionality?

When I hovered my mouse over the numbers, they changed into something completely inaccurate. When I did not have my mouse over the score board, it correctly showed 27 mass per second and 552 power income. When i put my mouse over it, it showed 358 mass income and 13k power.

it conflict with SSB and ecomanager.

when you get your cursor over you get the information about mass/e in storage
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby keyser » 07 Jan 2020, 21:01

Updated. I will do a patch this week end, please host 1-2 games to be sure everything is working fine.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Rikai » 22 Jan 2020, 10:13

First of all, thanks a lot for this patch. Especially Number 1 makes me so happy :)

keyser wrote:10 - Separate strategic icon for SACUs - SACU were using the ACU strategic icons. They still do with this change but now we can change their strategic icon if someone is willing to make some.

While we are at it, can we please do the same thing to Sparkies/T2 Engies?
Rikai

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Rikai

Re: 3710 ongoing development thread

Postby wodzu_93 » 26 Jan 2020, 16:13

4 - Mounting ui textures from mod directories - essentially mods will be able to change ui textures like the strategic icons.
This point did not get through with the patch. It was approved and merged on github, but init files do not have the change.
wodzu_93

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: wodzu_93

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 29 Jan 2020, 12:09

I like the addition to the allies resources to the scoreboard, with the sharing options. But the names are arranged by slot. Could this be changed so they're arranged by team first, then slot? That would improve the overview.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Sir Prize » 04 Feb 2020, 03:41

Seems the update broke the scoreboard in replays if you watch from a player's perspective. Obviously it's more important to have the anti-ghosting change and the added functionality in the scoreboard are really good for in-game, but it would be ideal if you could still track the progress of all players when watching replays from a POV. Could the code for the scoreboard change(s) have a new line inserted to only activate when it's not a replay?
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby Little Miss Murder » 04 Feb 2020, 08:50

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, please revert the Salem surf-n-turf toggle. Since they are built with it defaulted to off, after a while you end up with a mix of states and it's infuriating to realise after it's too late why half your boats didn't follow your orders.

Yes yes, noobs blah blah. The fact of the matter is that it increases micromanagement and that is bad in principle.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions