Ported Avatars, Rank-icons, ....

Moderator: keyser

Ported Avatars, Rank-icons, ....

Postby Koecher » 11 Aug 2012, 00:40

Hi,

well, since Ze_Pilot told me yesterday in Chat that he wont answer PMs anymore (as they are too time consuming), I'll just make this public on here in hope that the basic informations get where are supposed to go.

First of all, I finished to port some Avatars from GPGnet to the new Size of FAF. Its 24 Avatars at all and
(95.75 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

I've picked some nice once, which were actually still identifiable in the new (smaller) size.
Avatars like the "fightAdmin" which was initially created for the GPGnet Admins vs Users Tourneys might just find a new use as something else.
As you also can see, I allowed myself to include 3 personal Avatars to be ported as well. First of all, its Vikings (with a small improvement, watch his new horns which will not just slaughter every spammer, but gives a adequate, imposing look :mrgreen: ). Second one is Voodoos (since he donated tourney-prices already it should be fine I think) and third one is mine (as I've spend quite some work on fitting the others [+ read below],I hope this is ok as well).

2nd Point. I've also made some new Rank-Icons.
Zep, if you want to, feel free to use them as default for FAF.
However, you guys can also just implement them offline in your FAF Install or any Theme. (also @ all the Theme creators: feel free to use them if you want to).
If you want to implement them in your FAF Installation, just browse to your FAF Lobby Install Folder (i.e. C:\Forged Alliance Forever - Lobby), go to ...\_res\chat\rank and replace the Files there with the once from the attached file.
asfdgh.PNG
Rank Icon Preview
asfdgh.PNG (194.93 KiB) Viewed 6701 times

Awards.rar
(21.58 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Finally, 3rd Point. (Ze_Pilot exclusive one, normally)
As I hope, now that we have an Avatar System which is hopefully filling up soon, that the amount of tourneys just increase by 100000%, I also fear that hosting tourneys might drop down to the frustrating level it once had on GPGnet. This wasn't really coursed by the low amount of signups, it was rather frustrating to have to "hunt" for Avatars for a long while (especially when Viking wasnt arround ;) ).
Since that, and for other reasons of course, I wanted to offer my Help (ask if I can help / ask if I may can become / beg to spend time in it [which formulation you ever like] ) as Moderator (or however you call them).
By this, I also could deal with Avatar-Stuff, as I have some experiences with it. I think there is noo need to mention about my experiences with the other stuff that goes along with it.

Cheers,
Koecher
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Re: Ported Avatars, Rank-icons, ....

Postby viking » 11 Aug 2012, 00:51

great work with the avatars as allways :)

with fear to be called girly, i wote for kocher as mod, not cos of his skills but cos i know he got the heart the right place

/me runs and hide while looking down
viking

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Viking

Postby TheArmMaXimuS » 11 Aug 2012, 01:23

Good then,nice work...
Last edited by TheArmMaXimuS on 11 Aug 2012, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
XXOldskoolXX
TheArmMaXimuS

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Oldskool

Postby viking » 11 Aug 2012, 08:32

TheArmMaXImuS wrote:Sry but ,plz don´t get me rong.
1 - :arrow: Go grab avatars from GPG , i don´t think its good idea they are ugly and old.
2- :arrow: there are many ways make great Icons (Png) we got lot ppl here that make them,and they ust to do moore dificult things.
3- :arrow: Iff we are try to reboarn FA " FAF comunity" ,we showld make ower official avatars like so many other things we have done,iff we work with code game (png icons) its a walk in park

4- :arrow: Its just only what i think no all,so iff must be the old gpg avatars with some fix´s,then be it,im ok with that.There is a good option on FAF(options/theme) :lol:

Don't get me wrong either

1 - :arrow: Go grab avatars from GPG,i don´t think its good idea they are ugly and old. agree some of them are ugly, but a few ppl build there reputation around there avatar from GPGnet. looks down

2- :arrow: there are many ways make great Icons] (Png) we got lot ppl here that make them,and they ust to do moore dificult things. i don't see any of them doing any avatars, neither did i see them do any on GPGnet

3- :arrow: Iff we are try to reboarn FA " FAF comunity" ,we showld make ower official avatars like so many other things we have done, Agree, read 2.

4- :arrow: Its just only what i think no all,so iff must be the old gpg avatars with some fix´s,then be it,im ok with that.There is a good option on FAF(options/theme) :lol: Same
viking

Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Viking

Postby ColonelSheppard » 11 Aug 2012, 12:17

sry i dont get your point i just implemented the ranked icons and it looks awsome
nice work
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Aug 2012, 12:20

Sadly, the rank icons will be redone very soon and downloaded directly from the server (no more theme-able)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby TheArmMaXimuS » 11 Aug 2012, 17:59

Viking lol ,any reason to replay the post when i long take them out!
XXOldskoolXX
TheArmMaXimuS

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Oldskool

Postby Prince__ » 11 Aug 2012, 22:04

Yeah ,gj as always ;)

Ze_PilOt wrote:Sadly, the rank icons will be redone very soon and downloaded directly from the server (no more theme-able)

I'm curious and look forward to something (cool)/useful :D

Uff by the way , the Stratigic Genius avatar looks ..well crap(tbh) D:
Prince__
Priest

Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Postby Ze_PilOt » 11 Aug 2012, 22:25

Prince__ wrote:Yeah ,gj as always ;)

Ze_PilOt wrote:Sadly, the rank icons will be redone very soon and downloaded directly from the server (no more theme-able)

I'm curious and look forward to something (cool)/useful :D

I will re-work the rank avatar, and most of the work must be done server-side :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby uberge3k » 11 Aug 2012, 23:00

Prince__ wrote:Uff by the way , the Stratigic Genius avatar looks ..well crap(tbh) D:

That was my avatar...

:cry:

Anyone want to make a cool rubix cube avatar for me? :geek:
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions