Rating Restriction Option?

Moderator: keyser

Rating Restriction Option?

Postby Prince__ » 18 Jul 2012, 14:56

Is it possible to add such a function in the Hostmenu?
Prince__
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Re: Rating Restriction Option?

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jul 2012, 15:11

It's possible. We did a "poll" some time ago but we finally stepped back as it can potentially lead to bad behaviors.
We want the rating to be a tool, not a restriction.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby eXcalibur » 18 Jul 2012, 15:59

you can still specify the rating you want in the title of your hosted game. this works fine in most cases. sometimes i think that people who just want to crush noob players join their games though.

if you want a fair game on the other hand you should enable random spawn.
if you do not do this, there is still a way to balance it manually by using the calculated game quality.
if you only want to play with people you choose make your game password protected and give them the password in a pm.
there was an option that allows only friends of yours to join your game. maybe this will come back soon (at least i hope). this can be very useful as well...

so there are plenty of ways to get the game you want. using the score only would (especially for people with less than 20-50 games) not be fair.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Postby Prince__ » 18 Jul 2012, 16:30

Ze_PilOt wrote:It's possible. We did a "poll" some time ago but we finally stepped back as it can potentially lead to bad behaviors.
We want the rating to be a tool, not a restriction.

Ok thanks.

eXcalibur wrote:if you want a fair game on the other hand you should enable random spawn.

That's still bugged.

eXcalibur wrote:if you do not do this, there is still a way to balance it manually by using the calculated game quality.

That takes generelly so long that the lobby crashes :)
---
I asked because it's annoying that even if I write that in my game title still ppl join with a lower rating.If I kick them they come back ..... ^^
Prince__
Priest

Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Postby Kryo » 19 Jul 2012, 12:12

yeah happens quite often that people ignore rating. Either they don't know what rating in the game title means, because they are new to faf, or because they are stupid, or they ignore it on purpose

on the other hand a restriction option would be annoying, if you make a 1200 rating game, 3v3, and you have 5 players in it waiting for ten minutes while a 1198 rated player is waiting to join a good game.

Of course you can say, well host a 1190 then, but then its the same with 1188 players :P
Kryo
Evaluator

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Return to FAF Suggestions