Softles Appreciation Thread + Suggestions

Moderator: keyser

Re: Softles Appreciation Thread + Suggestions

Postby Morax » 15 Jun 2016, 19:06

Zock coming in swinging - I like it :twisted:
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Heaven » 15 Jun 2016, 21:34

Thank you so much, this little mod is amazing :D

Since you are still asking for suggestions, I won't hold back XD

(3) Hives have a little issue; when they are auto-supporting something and you order them to upgrade, they only upgrade after they finished the auto-supporting. If you give them a stop order, they resume the auto-support since stop also cancels the upgrade order. You have to wait or toggle the auto-support function to upgrade them. In an ideal world, they would just upgrade directly after receiving the upgrade order. If you have time, please fix them :D

(4) Nukes and TML don't react to dragging misplaced attack orders around. Let's say the nuke is 97% finished and you order it to shoot at the opponent's base. Then you see a group of EXPs incoming, and drag the nuke order from the base to the EXP group while holding shift. The nuke finishes construction a second later and launches, but it will remember the first order to fire at the base, instead of following the second one. Please make launch orders draggable.

(5) T1 land scouts are bugged; they can't use their full intel range. Reminds me of the now fixed bug that made mongoose shoot at a shorter range than suggested by their range circle. Enemy units appear on their radar much later than their radar range suggests. That's especially notable when two mutually undetected armies with scouts start moving towards each other. There is no issue with retaining the radar blip after first detecting it, but the initial detection is delayed. Is this because of the 500ms inbuilt latency and data transfer interval?

(6) Make LABs in t2 transports auto-prioritize ACUs if no other order is given, or better, allow the aeon t2 ghetto to aim at attack orders. While t1 ghettos are primarily raid units, t2 ghettos are primarily snipe units. The aeon t2 ghetto unfortunately cannot manually target unlike its peers from the UEF and the Cybrans, so this would fix the scattering-shots-problem one encounters when trying to go for an aeon t2 ghetto snipe. I know we talked about this in a PM and I also messaged Zock because of possible balance implications. But since there does not seem to be a definite course of action regarding this problem, I would like to remind everyone of it for further discussion.

I don't see how it affects balance personally since all t1 and t2 air is countered by t2 flak, which includes ghettos. The argument that a usable t2 ghetto for aeon would make the faction too strong because there are instances where no t2 flak and only some inties are present seems far-fetched to me. It's also counter-intuitive that aeon has all means to build a t2 ghetto but cannot aim it once they have it. A good reason to fix this is immersion; it is inconceivable why a faction's military would have an objectively useless unit. Not fixing the ghetto due to balance is like not fixing the accuracy of Janus bombers because UEF would become OP if they hit their target. I'm throwing a huge "WTF" at anyone who's opposed to such fixes.

Thanks in advance :D

---

Zock wrote:Suggestions? We can start with this, and if that's not enough there is plenty more.
Increase transport beam range for better loading process.

Transports need some love, but higher beam range might make obstacles in between the transport and the units deadly for the units. I remember losing zthuees that crashed into a hill and exploded, or got irrevocably stuck. It's a great idea but if this is implemented, one has to account for possible side effects. Just trying to help!

Heaven

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 135 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Postby Petricpwnz » 15 Jun 2016, 22:08

The group zoom fix mod didn't fix the dominos group split mod and I know some people (like zock :D) use that one so i put the fix in it too if someone needs.
Spoiler: show
also i copied the fix of original groups' zoom so if you use split groups mod you can turn off softlys mod and make it look like you have less ui mods, will make you feel better about yourself. P.s. no appretiation for softlys work huehuehue
Attachments
group_split_zoom_fixed.zip
(15.61 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Softly » 15 Jun 2016, 23:26

Zock wrote:Improve formation move, so units don’t walk back to meet with late units, increase the speed of units in formation move if somehow possible
Increase transport beam range for better loading process.
Improve transport loading process for big armies
Add some order to load units in transports from factory, without unloading them after
Improve and include netlag mod
improve SCU rebuild function so it works on assist ground and you don't have to assist all the buildings
make wreckages hit shields and not go through them
transfer half built missiles when silo is given to ally

Heaven wrote:(5) T1 land scouts are bugged; they can't use their full intel range...

(6) Make LABs in t2 transports auto-prioritize ACUs ...

These are kinda Sim things, and I probably couldn't get them done in an afternoon (I'm not setup for doing fa lua code dev). Also it would be a long while before they get into people's games, so I am gonna pass on these for now.

Zock wrote:Add better default-hotkeys (hotbuild and others as default)
Allow third bind on normal keys (qwerty) if no factory/builder is selected with hotbuild
Fix insta-zoom key not working while shift is pressed (needs to be able to be assigned twice, once with and once without shift like with others)
Improve hotstats (allow zooming/set shown times, maybe more stats, maybe remove some useless stats or improve UI)

I have no idea what these suggestions mean... like what is the insta-zoom key?

Heaven wrote:(3) Hives have a little issue...

(4) Nukes and TML don't react to dragging misplaced attack orders around...

These are probably possible from a UI mod, though I guess it would take me a long time to get them done. Maybe you can employ someone who knows the game code better =/

biass wrote:I would love #2 to be done

Zock wrote:Make better eco income panel: Split it into mass and energy from buildings and units/reclaim/teammates/total instead of just toal like now.
Add more sound notifications
Minimap should be on top of other UI elements
show more infos for observer

These come under the do-able category. Could there be more detail on sound notifications/more info for observer? If people have preferences out of these or other things like these they want me to do then feel free to post.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Zock » 15 Jun 2016, 23:50

Add better default-hotkeys (hotbuild and others as default)
Allow third bind on normal keys (qwerty) if no factory/builder is selected with hotbuild
Fix insta-zoom key not working while shift is pressed (needs to be able to be assigned twice, once with and once without shift like with others)
Improve hotstats (allow zooming/set shown times, maybe more stats, maybe remove some useless stats or improve UI)

I have no idea what these suggestions mean... like what is the insta-zoom key?

Add default hotkeys: People shouldn't need to set up every single hotbuild key manually. The orignal hotbuild mod had a button to auto-assign them, that would be one option to fix it. The alternative is to just make hotbuild (and some other useful hotkeys) buttons by default assigned when you install FAF.

Allow third bind: With hotbuild, if a factory is selected, you press W, you get an engy. If a builder is selected, you press W and get a factory. What is desired is that, if no unit is selected, you press W and you would e.g. select your ACU. Just as hotbuild this will probably have to come in an pre-defined setup what it will do.

Insta-zoom: There is a hotkey that allows you to zoom to a certain zoom level and completely zoom out if you press it again.

Improve hotstats: If you play 30 minutes, the graphs on the first minute overlap so much that you can't get any information value from then. Allow to zoom in on them, or to make it possible to set a time from e.g. 0:00 to 2:00 and display only the graph for this timeframe. There are lots of other possible improvement, if you or anyone really want to put work into it, this can be expanded. (Like a graph current mass on field for land/air/navy/total or other things..to put icons on the graphs for special events like T2 power dying, or a big fight happening (X% of total mass on the map destroyer in a short time)

Make better eco income panel: Split it into mass and energy from buildings and units/reclaim/teammates/total instead of just toal like now.
Add more sound notifications
Minimap should be on top of other UI elements
show more infos for observer

These come under the do-able category. Could there be more detail on sound notifications/more info for observer? If people have preferences out of these or other things like these they want me to do then feel free to post.

Notifications: Apparently there are many unused sound notifications in FA. Especially economy warnings like "Power income too low" could be great for new players. Would have to go through the aviable files, pick whats useful, and then potentially add more if we can find a good voice (Gyle).

More infos for observer/replays: Basically display hotstats for observer with some UI to select which graphs to show. Mass income graphs for the last few minutes, mass on field..lots of possibilities. Also show eco panels for all players (and possibility to hide them) as observer please, this might be the greatest possible change for casters, if they don't have to constantly switch into player views to see their eco. And you wouldn't have to cheat in replays to see the eco..some of it might be not possible due to ZePs changes to the game to prevent cheating with UI mods.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Heaven » 16 Jun 2016, 01:12

A ping solely dedicated to scouting would be practical. We have move (blue), support (yellow) and attack (red). Would it be hard to make a green marker for scouting?

EDIT: In addition, many players would benefit from making Supreme Scoreboard v1.2 and EcoManager v7 compatible. Viba told me he deleted the OnBeat function in EM or edited scores.lua in some other way he doesn't perfectly remember, and got both working. I tried his fix but it did not work for me. It may be an additional incompatibility with "UI Party", I am not sure if Viba is using that. The author of Supreme Scoreboard suggested a different, yet non-specific fix ITT: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10887&hilit=eco+manager&start=40#p118641

If you could help making these 2 (3 with UI party) mods work together, it would be greatly appreciated. This way, players don't have to decide between getting the EM overlay and the Scoreboard quickshare&notify functionality.
Heaven

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 135 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Postby Softly » 18 Jun 2016, 01:05

The final members of the seton's ping of death list are in order of devotion to the cause:
93521, 160907, 174940, 94770, 77286, 100245, 147260, 19294, 125344, 118363, 34064, 62952, 137676, 147268, 5268, 171047, 67774, 133636, 62348, 108257, 40736, 117425, 36956, 20519, 535, 109442, 40064, 152587, 900.

RIP ping list.

If you want to know which players these ids are for you could always try checking in http://api.faforever.com/ranked1v1/<id>
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby PhilipJFry » 25 Jun 2016, 19:58

Make FAF great again!
You may achieve that by giving us the option to make foed player quack in aeolus.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Myxir » 26 Jun 2016, 20:16

make the leaderboard tab show the ladder ratings by default rather than scout division
if that does not fix the loading time, please find an elegant way to fix that too <3
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Blodir » 26 Jun 2016, 20:23

Remove "win ratio" from the leaderboards since its not working, and probs not gonna work any time soon
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

PreviousNext

Return to FAF Suggestions