Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Postby speed2 » 27 Feb 2016, 15:01

Suggestions, Issues:
Post and discuss any suggestion to Coop mod, whatever you would like to see there, or issues you've encounter during missions. But before you post, please read changelog. No need to report things that are already fixed.

You can use Github to post issues/suggestions about both mod itself or specific mission. If you don't know how Github works or where to create an issue there, just post it here and I'll manage it.

Github Coop mod: https://github.com/FAForever/fa-coop
Github Coop Mission: https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-maps

Other missions:

Play:
Pick a mission from coop tab. Double click for hosting.
  • Make sure that sandbox is set as a victory condition, host a game on FAF, set sandbox in options, close it and then host coop.
  • If you encounter issues, post game.log !! that can be found here:
    Code: Select all
    C:\ProgramData\FAForever\logs

Changelog:
https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-m ... angelog.md

Knows issues:
  • FA Mission 4 - announcement for Engie stations plays twice
  • Captured units might disappear due to new restriction system, report everywhere where it happens.
  • Desync during second objective. Should be fixed with next game patch.
  • Last part of Fort Clarke Assault is not fully finished yet. Expect issues there.
Issues reported on Github https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-maps/issues

If your ACU doesn't spawn:
  • Make sure that sandbox is set as a victory condition, host a game on FAF, set sandbox in options, close it and then host coop.
  • Change difficulty in the lobby. If the mission works, you can change it back to original value.
Last edited by speed2 on 15 Aug 2016, 08:12, edited 27 times in total.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Re: Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Postby Saxxon » 28 Feb 2016, 14:54

Question on Coop mode, back when Age of Empires came out it had a Coop mode where you controlled the same faction/units. Is this like that? (it was accomplished by selecting the same team # AND the same color).

My brother and I used to play that a lot online, breaking down tasks where one managed economy and upgrades while the other took the role of general and did the majority of the fighting. It was a lot of fun that way. In other maps you might break it down by zones where you each control units in a given area, or air vs water but its the same economy/faction/units.
Saxxon

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Postby Myxir » 28 Feb 2016, 14:59

coop in this sense is just playing the campaign (and by now some more) missions together as a team, even though they were only designed for singeplayer.
playing as the same player (same army/eco/ACU etc) is possible via cheating (switching army view) and there are some so called "coop 1v1" games, but it seems the interest in them has dropped recently. afaik there is a not yet integrated mod that supports this kind of game without cheats, no idea if we will eventually have faf lobby support for that
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby yorick » 28 Feb 2016, 15:12

Saxxon wrote:Question on Coop mode, back when Age of Empires came out it had a Coop mode where you controlled the same faction/units. Is this like that? (it was accomplished by selecting the same team # AND the same color).

My brother and I used to play that a lot online, breaking down tasks where one managed economy and upgrades while the other took the role of general and did the majority of the fighting. It was a lot of fun that way. In other maps you might break it down by zones where you each control units in a given area, or air vs water but its the same economy/faction/units.

This coop mode basicaly means every player gets an ACU with an own army and is allied with the other human players while playing the campaign.
But what you mean is also archieveable. Enable cheating and have one of you start as an observer, the other can start the game normally. When you are ingame the observer can press Alt+F2(cheat menu) and doubleclick the other ones name on the top. Now both of you should be able to control the same army. I havent tested this for campaign missions, but in general this way should work.
yorick

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: yorick

Postby Typo91 » 29 Feb 2016, 13:07

fa
"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\" ---- what is this suppose to be? i put this here, but its a new folder here. Is this suppose to be my FA folder? or what? couldn't find a folder in 'my fa' folder with similar files. I assume the script is looking here?

I run the Coop.link... and the moment i click options in skirmish, FA crashes. This isn't a problem when hosting normal games on FA... and it worked before i followed the install instructions....

I suspect this "FA" folder isn't suppose to be just sitting randomly in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\ but i could be wrong.
Typo91

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Typo91

Postby Typo91 » 29 Feb 2016, 13:45

So here is my problem, my C drive is an SSD... so my documents folder is located on E drive, using the built in windows 7 feature to locate the my documents to another drive....

The game script is looking in E:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\fa

ok so I relocated the "fa" folder to the E drive, but still getting the same crash soon as i hit the "options" button to change the map in skirmish.

however the error in the log about not finding anything in that folder is now gone.

line 136 in init_speed_coop_beta.lua
dev_path = SHGetFolderPath('PERSONAL') .. 'fa'
mount_dir(dev_path, '/')

is this right? hell i have no idea, just trying to figure out how to test this

Also here is a piece of code, that will find the "my documents" folder on any machine windows 7 or later, from a batch file, even if its relocated, like mine.

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion

FOR /F "tokens=3" %%G IN ('REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" /v "Personal"') DO (SET targetdir=%%G)
echo on

echo %targetdir%

This is a simple batch file, you can save, that will echo the correct documents folder, you can incorporate it, in to your install bat, that at least would put the fa folder where i think you are intending on all machines.
Last edited by Typo91 on 29 Feb 2016, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Typo91

Postby speed2 » 29 Feb 2016, 14:23

Yes, I was assuming most of the people have their documents on C drive

That crash when clicking on options is caused by some issue in gama.prefs
I dont remember whats causing it, it might be somewhere on the forum.
But if you edit last scenario played, you can test that way, but annoying, but maybe...
speed2
Contributor

Postby Typo91 » 29 Feb 2016, 14:28

yea i edited my post with a possible fix to your install bat, if you use that code

i will try that thing you mentioned... and update you

Ok, so i backedup my gameprefs, and deleted it... now it works... i am gona try playing some missions now.
Typo91

Postby Typo91 » 29 Feb 2016, 15:43

Played Cybran Mission 5 - Unlock

Mission went fine... however all the cues for the mission announcements where way out of wack, not sure how that happened.... but it was playing voices for events that didn't happen, or did happen, completely wrong... though the mission itself worked as intended all the way to completion, just have to ignore the people telling me what to do, and when... lol!

Played FA mission 3 - Red Flag - As cybran

Worked perfectly

Played FA mission 4 - Meltdown - As cybran

2 Hive access announcements
    Doysta's base visible after first expansion
    Doysta's army doesn't ctrl-k after she is killed, and continues to fight.

Played FA mission 6 - Overload - As cybran

Perfectly until arch goes down, then locked into a cutscene of arch view... force to close game to exit.
Typo91

Postby speed2 » 02 Mar 2016, 01:18

Updated both coop mod and some of the missions. Download links in first post.

What's new:
Coop mod
  • T2 Mass Fabs drain 40e, T3 Mass Fabs 1000

Dawn (2rd mission)
  • Replaced initial wrecked T3 mexes by T2 and T1.
Red Flag (3rd mission)
  • Improved AI eco, added both mass and energy storages. AI should not stall anymore.
  • Initial wrecked T3 mexes replaced by T2.
  • Replaced most of the HQs by support factories.
Meltdown (4rd mission)
  • Dostya's base no longer shown.
  • Dostya dies as intended during cinematics.
  • Replaced initial wrecked T3 HQs by support factories
speed2
Contributor

Next

Return to Coop