Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Re: Make ladder affect global rating again

Postby PascalP » 28 Sep 2015, 02:30

i quiet like the idea of putting it together again, and thats why:
1. we get overrated players again
1.1 you can farm them
1.2 you can pretty easily stack against them (not that poeple arent doing it anyway, you know who i mean)
1.3 lobbysimulator will be easy with noobs cuz theyll be like oh hihg rated player lets join his team
2. its not like players who are bad at 1v1 but got some experiecne on teamgames (me, me and goddamnit ME) will stopp playing ladder again... wuhhuuu so many people playing ladder anyway -> playing always the same players at ladder -> AWESOME
3. ladder rating =1v1 skill ; global ratign = custom games skill (you can host your own 1v1 like people do)

So you see put them together again youll only gain advantages from it :D

Sry lexington but to even consider this isnt even funny. Simply host 1v1 in custom games ;) might be a solution to your "low" rating
PascalP

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: PascalP

Postby Valki » 28 Sep 2015, 06:16

I usually play ladder (at 750) and the few times I try to venture into teamgames (at 1100) I lose horribly and make people angry. It seems I must learn to tone down my early aggression and learn to eco much faster... but I hardly dare to try join team games anymore for fear of ruining it for my team.
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

Postby Necrosis » 30 Sep 2015, 20:57

custom games can range from teamgames to 1v1's and to FFA's.
that is perhaps why it's called a "Global" rating.

whilst ladder is purely 1v1.
Necrosis
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SERA-2

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 01 Oct 2015, 10:48

Valki wrote:I usually play ladder (at 750) and the few times I try to venture into teamgames (at 1100) I lose horribly and make people angry. It seems I must learn to tone down my early aggression and learn to eco much faster... but I hardly dare to try join team games anymore for fear of ruining it for my team.

It might be just the map you're playing, Gap leaves little room for early aggression, Seton's has very established patterns etc. If you play Wonder or another open map you should benefit from your 1v1 aggression. But remember that it's different from 1v1 since you might be facing 1v2 or 1v3 if your team is chilling in base playing sim city.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby Puschkin » 09 Oct 2015, 09:53

I don't think it makes much sense to combine them - what's wrong with having two? That way you can specialize. I am not good in ladder, if it would affect my global ranking, too, I might stop playing ladder at all.
Puschkin
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Puschkin

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions