New Mod: UI Party

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New Mod: UI Party

Postby nine2 » 15 Jun 2015, 18:00

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:As far as I can see, you cannot start support factory upgrades in a mixed factory selection.

well i'm not sure its a good idea but i can't build it anyway - a bit outside my skill set.

normally with factories you want to choose the right factories and upgrade the right ones. you seem to just have everything in one big pile and want to assign it orders and have the mod sort it out for you?

usually when i upgrade the factory i STOP it, which cancels the queue and also the assist order it previously had. Then I hit the upgrade button, then assign units or assist another fac. I do that with one or two facs at a time and try and assist with engies.

It would be nice if I could have the factory auto select without the split screen feature.

what 'factory auto select' ? do you mean the repeat-factory-always? In which case i still don't understand because you can have it without split screen? Do not understand

I have a bad habit of editing posts

yes that is hard to work with :)
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 16 Jun 2015, 00:58

Anihilnine wrote:
SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:As far as I can see, you cannot start support factory upgrades in a mixed factory selection.

well i'm not sure its a good idea but i can't build it anyway - a bit outside my skill set.

normally with factories you want to choose the right factories and upgrade the right ones. you seem to just have everything in one big pile and want to assign it orders and have the mod sort it out for you?

usually when i upgrade the factory i STOP it, which cancels the queue and also the assist order it previously had. Then I hit the upgrade button, then assign units or assist another fac. I do that with one or two facs at a time and try and assist with engies.

That is pretty much what I meant. It sure would be better to assist the upgrading factory but my multi tasking isn't sufficient for that atm.

The scenario I was thinking about was like this: You got your initial landfactory from the game start and then built 4 more around a mex. I tend to use the initial one as HQ so it's less prone to be destroyed. Now getting the other four to tech 2 tends to take quite a lot of my attention span (I usually also waste mass but your enhanced stop command helps a lot, ty!).
What I would like to do is put all 5 into a control group so I can quickly add more units/mix units and set the rally point if I advance. When I got the HQ, it would be nice if I could just click upgrade factory in the control group and it would pick one landfactory, the one which can start the upgrade soonest, clear the queue and then work on the t2 queue I gave the control group. That way I could even upgrade factories one by one by looking at the queue.
Another idea to even further enhance this is if you could set the factories to repeat your primary combat unit (e.g. by holding down a key when giving the production order) and then you need say 4 flak units. It would be nice if you could just click 4 flak units which would be built asap without cancelling current orders and the factories would then go back to repeat the units you set to repeat.

Anihilnine wrote:
It would be nice if I could have the factory auto select without the split screen feature.

what 'factory auto select' ? do you mean the repeat-factory-always? In which case i still don't understand because you can have it without split screen? Do not understand

I meant the factory build order selection at the very start of the game (so you don't have to select your com and press w for hotbuild).
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby nine2 » 16 Jun 2015, 02:03

Oh yes I understand now. The four flak thing is a great idea.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 16 Jun 2015, 02:56

Uh, I just noticed that my explanation was overly complicated. I didn't know that factory upgrades worked when a unit was queued on repeat, I thought the factory would produce that unit indefinitely.
It would also be helpful if the lower tech queued units would be removed from the queue if the factory was on repeat and after an upgrade started so you can queue up the higher tech unit in one go and not have to go back to the factory. So for example, the striker wouldn't end up being put into the queue after pillar if I queued an upgrade after the current striker and add pillar, what most people will want is for the factory to only produce pillars.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby nine2 » 16 Jun 2015, 03:07

Well I think you should just get the hang of the existing system :) it's not so hard once you get used to it. For starters do you have one master factory and many slave factories... Then you can change your mix just by changing the one factory (which you have on hotkey). Then you can assign special one off stuff like emergency flak to a slave factory by just adding flak. It will finish its current thing, then build the flak, then resume assisting the master. As far as upgrading goes, you just grab a factory, stop it and assist the master t2 fac. Really it's not so hard... could be easier like you say, but that would take me an age to make, so I cant do it
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby nine2 » 25 Jun 2015, 17:58

v7 released
manual unit lock
adornments
double click assister selects similar assisters
added key - Reselect Split Units
added key - Reselect Ordered Split Units
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby ZeRen » 25 Jun 2015, 19:42

Anihilnine wrote:v7 released
manual unit lock
adornments
double click assister selects similar assisters
added key - Reselect Split Units
added key - Reselect Ordered Split Units

well done :twisted: I really like the adornments
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby ckitching » 03 Jul 2015, 04:20

You might like to use the Popup class added in 3640 to make your options menu prettier, cleaner, and simpler. (It's the thing that backs every Popup in FAF). Documentation in the file.
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby nine2 » 07 Jul 2015, 17:06

I'll check it out thanks ck
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby nine2 » 07 Jul 2015, 17:09

v8 released

Clear queue except for current production - now works for multiple units at once. Also clears the first item if it hasnt been started yet (because another unit is still walking off factory)

Adornments - better icons - master factories get a crown, factories that are building but are not masters (they are not assisted by another fac) get a spanner. Either symbol can be underlined by a small arrow, indicating it is on infinite repeat build.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools