New Mod: UI Party

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New Mod: UI Party

Postby edmundopt » 07 Jul 2017, 19:43

so, I went to check the code, there's alot of lines to go on...
I've moded this mod so far, but, what I want to do is a bit extensive..
I want to remove everything except the max extractors bar and the idle engies/fac overlay
how easy is that for you ?

edit: and the start in attack move thing, wich I changed to start in normal fire mode LOL
edmundopt

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: EvilsRabbit

Postby nine2 » 08 Jul 2017, 00:46

There are options to turn off everything. No coding required
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby edmundopt » 08 Jul 2017, 16:56

there is no option do disable the power/mass consuptions graphs below the mass extractors bar
edmundopt

Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: EvilsRabbit

Postby nine2 » 09 Jul 2017, 00:36

so then make an option, disable the stuff and make a pull request so everyone else can have it
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby zaproid » 31 Jul 2017, 16:11

Is there any way to have construction and avatar tabs + all the adornments to appear on the right screen? Currently all of them appear on the left, but my left monitor isn't straight across me, so looking at it to play all game long is going to give me a sore neck and I really would need some work around to have it all appear on the right screen, which is my main one and straight across me.

EDIT: Currently I figured something out: I simply set my left screen to be my "right" screen through the control panel when playing FAF. It's very disorienting, but since I use the extra screen for the strategic view and map awereness, I don't use it that much and won't be confusing myself too much (hopefully). Still would greatly appreciate extra options under split screen. OFC if it's too much of a hassle, let me know, so I can consider rearranging my screens.

EDITv2: Anyone looking for a solution go to Page 19 of this thread and look for a post from b2ag. He has posted a link to a "ui-festival" mod that he made. He definetly deserves credit, such a lifesaver mod, also @Anihilnine, great work with this mod, it is an amazing tool to have, I especially like the lock and split units features.
Last edited by zaproid on 03 Aug 2017, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
zaproid
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: zaproid

Postby nine2 » 01 Aug 2017, 01:48

Someone already posted a version in this thread that flips the monitors.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby zaproid » 02 Aug 2017, 03:07

This thread has 22 pages, do you remember the page where this version is posted or can you name a general range?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
zaproid
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: zaproid

Postby JoonasTo » 19 Sep 2017, 14:27

I modified/fixed the unit lock feature to work as it's supposed to(at least according to the tooltips and comments in the files themselves.) Now you will not select assisting units by default and you are able to select locked units if they are the only units in your selection.

Here is the relevant part of the code from unitlock.lua if anybody wishes to adapt it for themselves:
Code: Select all
if not ignoreLocks and UIP.GetSetting("enableUnitLock") then

-- if double click didnt happen then select everything except assisters
      if not changesMade then

if newSelection then

local newSelectionCount = table.getn(newSelection)
            local reduceSelection = newSelectionCount > 1
            local lockedCount = 0
            local assistCount = 0

if reduceSelection then

for entityid, unit in ipairs(newSelection) do

local guardedUnit = unit:GetGuardedEntity()

if guardedUnit == nil then
                     guardedUnit = false
                  end

if guardedUnit then
                     changesMade = true
                     assistCount = assistCount + 1
                  else

if unit.locked then
                        changesMade = true
                        lockedCount = lockedCount + 1
                     else
                        table.insert(tobeSelected,unit)
                     end
                  end
               end

if lockedCount + assistCount == newSelectionCount then
                  tobeSelected = newSelection
               end
            end   
         end
      end
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby gpox » 29 Sep 2017, 18:39

V13 crashes the game upon launch for me, even with all other mods (excl. Common Mod Tools) disabled. Does it work for others?

Is there another way to get e.g. the 'Factory repeat always on' functionality? Is that integrated to base FAF somewhere - could not find the toggle?

Thank you for the help

EDIT: Solved by re-installing common mod tools. Had a version from a couple of years back, which while seemingly being the same V1 was causing this issue.

Error message thrown below:
Code: Select all
Unhandled exception:

state->m_rootState == m_state

Program : C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Cmd line arguments : /mean 1243.96 /deviation 130.941  /init init_faf.lua /nobugreport /gpgnet 127.0.0.1:49983

Callstack:
   Unknown symbol (address 0x008d462c)

Last 100 lines of log...

debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/debugkeyactions.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/common/units.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/common/select.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/common/score.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/ui-party.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/settings.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/settingsui.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/ui.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/unitwatcher.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/unithelper.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/notify/modules/notify.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/enhancementcommon.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/unitsplit.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/unitlock.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-party/modules/linq.lua\000'
warning: ...orged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\unitwatcher.lua(219): access to nonexistent global variable "getEnhancementQueue"
warning: stack traceback:
warning:         [C]: in function `error'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua(53): in function <...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua:52>
warning:         ...orged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\unitwatcher.lua(219): in function `Init'
warning:         ...r forged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\ui-party.lua(20): in function `Init'
warning:         ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(1014): in main chunk
warning:         [C]: in function `doscript'
warning:         [C]: in function `pcall'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning:         ...r forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua(85): in function <...r forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua:83>
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/uimain.lua:StartGameUI': ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `error'
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
            ...r forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua(85): in function <...r forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua:83>
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/usercamera.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/missiontext.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/economy.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/maui/statusbar.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua\000'
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/ui-party/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/common/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
warning: ...orged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\unitwatcher.lua(219): access to nonexistent global variable "getEnhancementQueue"
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua(53): in function <...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua:52>
warning:         ...orged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\unitwatcher.lua(219): in function `Init'
warning:         ...r forged alliance\mods\ui-party\modules\ui-party.lua(20): in function `Init'
warning:         ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(1014): in main chunk
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning:         ...a\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning:         ...forever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning:         ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(145): in function `OnSync'
warning:         [string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning:         ...a\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning:         ...forever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning:         ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(145): in function `OnSync'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/economy.lua'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: Error running lua command: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(145): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/missiontext.lua'
         stack traceback:
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
            ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(145): in function `OnSync'
            [string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua\000'
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/ui-party/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/common/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
warning: Error importing /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:
         Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
         stack traceback:
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': attempt to index a nil value
         stack traceback:
Last edited by gpox on 30 Sep 2017, 14:41, edited 3 times in total.
gpox

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: gpox

Postby JoonasTo » 29 Sep 2017, 19:17

Works fine for me
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo