New Versions of (RAS) Notify

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New Versions of (RAS) Notify

Postby Saxxon » 03 Feb 2016, 06:27

I was able to test it fairly quickly and eliminate the UI mods I had running, the ACU build menu bug I mentioned to you is an interaction with BrewLAN. When I enabled that mod, the problem occurred. (to recap, the issue was when Tech upgrading the ACU the ACU build menu became stuck on screen even if you select another unit, in single player it was solved by saving and restarting the game, it also was only with Tech upgrade - RAS, Shield etc didnt do this).

Here is the link to the mod in question, ie this is where the author loads the current version: https://github.com/The-Balthazar/BrewLAN

EDIT NOTE: I tested this with just BrewLAN 7.5 (latest release) and Notify 3.7 running and it did have the same issue. Going to get 3.8 and see if the same thing happens, but on my computer it definitely occurs with just the 2 mods running sans all else.

Second Note: The latest version of Notify showing up from a Server Search in the Vault is 3.7 - I had heard there are some issues with some mods not being accessible in the Vault though they are in there. Reference this thread - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11470
Saxxon

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Postby Saxxon » 06 Feb 2016, 03:14

Third Note: I tried selecting the mods in different order to see if that affected their loading order (ie one was overwriting something in another) and it had no effect, still bugged either way.
Saxxon

Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Postby CodingSquirrel » 09 Feb 2016, 19:09

It's an issue with BrewLAN. He hasn't updated his code in light of changes to the FAF code. It's likely that that code which is producing the error isn't hit during normal gameplay unless using my mod.

https://github.com/The-Balthazar/BrewLAN/issues/12
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby Zappa » 24 Feb 2016, 20:31

CodingSquirrel wrote:
keyser wrote:sry if already asked, is it possible to right click upgrade so it cancel it ? especially upgrade that are in queue.

It is not...kind of. Unlike pretty much every order, there is no way I've found that you can individually cancel an upgrade command without a hard stop command (clearing out everything else). For some reason the devs thought that ACU upgrading should be this wonky action that, unlike everything else, doesn't need to be tracked, doesn't need to fit in any kind of queue, or anything. It's treated like a "fire and forget everything" command. The best way I could implement it would be if you right click then the ACU cancels everything and then I rebuild the queue manually.

If a queued upgrade is cancelled while the ACU is building a structure (e.g. a pgen), it should be OK for it to <stop> and update the queue, as long as the ACU can be scripted to finish building the pgen before proceeding to the new queue. One corner case as you call it: if the structure is a factory and the ACU is not building it alone, and if it is finished + starts building units in the short time required to update the ACU queue, then the ACU might be stuck assisting the completed & producing factory.

If a queued upgrade is cancelled while the ACU is upgrading, progress is lost irreversibly so the current no-action seems fine.

Thanks for your awesome work, CodingSquirrel :)
Zappa
Crusader

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Anizarius » 15 Mar 2016, 06:29

Can i download this mod not from vault? Cause vault show me error when i trying to downloads mods in FAF client.
Anizarius

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Anizarius

Postby CodingSquirrel » 15 Mar 2016, 15:26

Anizarius wrote:Can i download this mod not from vault? Cause vault show me error when i trying to downloads mods in FAF client.

I could have sworn I put a link to my github repo here, but I guess I didn't. Yes you can download it from here https://github.com/CodingSquirrel/Notify
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby Lionhardt » 24 Mar 2016, 20:55

I always thought this mod only did upgrades notifications in the chat. But this is does so much more. Incredible! Always was annoyed by not being able to queue ACu upgrades and access later tech buildings while t2/t3 suite was not done yet.
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby ladderff » 12 May 2017, 17:39

Hello, thank you for your work. I post to let you know that after yesterday's FAF patch this mod breaks hotbuild for me. I use it in conjunction with UI Party v13. It works fine if I disable Notify. Naturally I would like to reenable this great mod once possible.
ladderff
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: ladderff

Postby CookieNoob » 12 May 2017, 18:27

yes, I fixed it on github. Unfortunately IceDreamer (who broke it and uploaded a new version of the mod) didnt use my fixed version, but fixed it himself and didnt test it. There will be a new version up soon that should fix these issues.

I attached a fixed version.
Attachments
Notify.zip
(14.14 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools