Area Command mod 2.9 from the Chinese FA community

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Area Command mod 2.9 from the Chinese FA community

Postby Lionhardt » 09 Sep 2014, 20:46

I just tried this. This HAS to be integrated. It is just marvelous! It already works brilliantly. If it could be improved just a little bit, more intelligent reclaim paths, that would be amazing! This is many times better than the shift+G solution we have atm. MANY times. Not for all situations though. Sometimes manually selecting the targets and then pres G is better - when the targets are spatially separated for example and with the box command you would include unwanted targets. So having both of these things as core features would be so damn great.

This thing makes bombing large t1 forces in an effective manner possible! This is a real blessing!

So far, area commands were the only edge PA had on FA for me. But this mod... it's just fucking awesome. Why is this not getting more attention??

Also, contrary to the shift+G mod, this one actually splits the attackers evenly across the targets!! It's a complete game changer in terms of microing bomber swarms.

Imo it also makes intercepting bomber and transports easier, because you no longer need to micro your ass of to make sure that your units don't just overkill a single bomber/ transport and let the others through
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby Aulex » 10 Sep 2014, 01:18

It's pretty nice, it would be more useful if there was a way to filter out trees from rocks
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Aurion » 10 Sep 2014, 07:56

Aulex wrote:It's pretty nice, it would be more useful if there was a way to filter out trees from rocks

Filtering would be nice indeed, but can't really do that now with manual reclaim unless you're super precise. As replacement of manual reclaim this is really nice (you don't miss anything and it's less clicks). For larger rectangles pathing becomes a problem though.
Aurion
Priest

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: NuclearPudding

Postby Nono06 » 10 Sep 2014, 11:25

Hello all,

Is that better than the "priority markers" mod from Domino? (which includes reclaim, repair... stuff also)
Is that mod also integrating priority attack units?

I'm currently working on Domino mod and the last version I released works correctly with ground units (at least with the one I tested).
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5866&start=90

I'm still struggling to make bomber planes taking priority into consideration.

But if that mod is better, it may be useless that I continue spending time on it... ;)
Nono06
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Nono06

Postby Lionhardt » 10 Sep 2014, 11:57

It does different things. There are no priority selections going on at all I think. It's rather made to distribute the same command across a whole group of target entities (could be reclaim, to be repaired units, or enemy units) with a single action (draw selection box).

- Hexagonian Drylands

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Postby Nono06 » 10 Sep 2014, 13:21

Hello Lionhardt,

Ok thanks, I see. If by any chance you have the answer to my last question in "priority markers" thread, you are welcome :)
Nono06
Crusader

Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Nono06

Postby ZeRen » 10 Sep 2014, 17:50

Lionhardt wrote:I just tried this. This HAS to be integrated. It is just marvelous! It already works brilliantly. If it could be improved just a little bit, more intelligent reclaim paths, that would be amazing! This is many times better than the shift+G solution we have atm. MANY times. Not for all situations though. Sometimes manually selecting the targets and then pres G is better - when the targets are spatially separated for example and with the box command you would include unwanted targets. So having both of these things as core features would be so damn great.

This thing makes bombing large t1 forces in an effective manner possible! This is a real blessing!

So far, area commands were the only edge PA had on FA for me. But this mod... it's just fucking awesome. Why is this not getting more attention??

Also, contrary to the shift+G mod, this one actually splits the attackers evenly across the targets!! It's a complete game changer in terms of microing bomber swarms.

Imo it also makes intercepting bomber and transports easier, because you no longer need to micro your ass of to make sure that your units don't just overkill a single bomber/ transport and let the others through

pls can you tell me what actions do "G" and "shift+G" ? Iam asking becouse I completly chanded default key binding
-------------------------
thx for that "area" search ,I tried Area Command even with that 2.9 and it just didn´t show, but "area" worked immediately...
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Lionhardt » 10 Sep 2014, 18:00

split single attack order on multiple targets randomly about queued targets to an unevenly distributed parallel attacks.

- Hexagonian Drylands

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Postby ronaz » 22 Sep 2014, 08:06

I tried this one. Didn't work for me until I reset my Game.pref (some old hotbuild or something messing it up).

It's pretty nice. I guess we will see a version which lets you reclaim only rocks.. that's gonna be something for some maps!

I tried some 20 T1 bombers vs. 100 auroras and it worked well, although I gained better results with spread attack but it takes a whole lot more time and sometimes your units are too close to manually select all attacks until the planes reach their destination.
ronaz
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ronaz

Postby Poch » 23 Sep 2014, 16:46

Awesome mod ! I just tried it and it's really nice. That is something i hoped for a long time. It is brutally simple and and it does just what you need nothing more.

It HAS to be integrated as soon as it will be well tested and enhanced a little bit to optimize pathing.
Poch

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Poch

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools