New explosion FXs (RK's Explosions)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New explosion FX's

Postby The_Simpleton » 25 Apr 2014, 20:50

Actually yeah that does make sense. Awesome work and all the best in what's to come. Also, is it true that you can play a ranked game with this now?
The_Simpleton

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: The_Simpleton

Postby RK4000 » 25 Apr 2014, 21:01

Yep, ZeP made the mod ranked recently.
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby The_Simpleton » 25 Apr 2014, 21:03

Awesome! I'll be using it a lot then :D
The_Simpleton

Postby Nombringer » 26 Apr 2014, 02:19

RK and I had a test session with the new version (V6)

For the sake of RK's sanity, here are the things we noted:

Exp's:

For the Cybran land explosions, decrease the opacity of the leftover sparks, or decrease their lifetime. (Possibly add smoke)

Possibly fix the fact that the soul ripper (and asswasher?) uses some miniature explosion script if it explodes while it is landed. (Possible add unique explosion? Right now its using a scaled up air explosion.

Fix the explosions using the exact same code while underwater. (all factions)

Naval:

Fix Atlantis using fire emitters while it sinks underwater

Find out what the subs are doing and fix it... :D

EDIT: Time for some creative/personal preference stuff.

Cybran land Exps:

The sparks that linger at the end of the cybran exp explosions are far too vibrant. I think it could look really cool however, if you turned down the opacity considerably, and made them slightly smaller, so they were almost barely visible.

It would give them a feel of "lingering energy" left over, but at the moment it just looks very weird and out of place

Also, I think some black smoke, similar to the stuff in the fatboy explosion should be added, the sparks/lightning is cool, but with more exaggerated smoke effects, it could look a lot better, right now the explosion seem slightly..... bare.

Also possible speed the explosions up? I'm really on the fence with this one, I think the length is fine personally, but I could see some other players possibly having an issue with it.

Aeon:

GC:

I love it, I don't see anything specific that needs changing for this one, apart from maybe adding some debris, like the ones for the aeon ship and factory explosions, for the last explosion in the sequence.

UEF:

Fatboy explosion is one of my favourites, not much I can add apart from adding more hi-res fire textures (if its possible)

Sera:

Chicken:

I cant really think of anything to add/take away, considering there is an energy storm after it dies, if anyone else has any idea for this, let me know

All land exps:

Currently, after they finish exploding, no visible scorch marks are left on the ground. This seems very weird considering the scale of the explosions, you could probably just use the scaled up explosion marks that the SR/Czar uses when it crashes.

Also I know one of the explosions (GC I think) produces a dust cloud. Maybe add this to the final explosion from all the land exps.

Air exps:

Possible to add some kind of explosion when they crash into the ground, especially considering how much damage they do.

Also maybe get the SR and Asswasher to spray out sparks as they fall down, not just trailing behind them, but similar to the sparky debris that the sera factories produce when they die.

I think we actuallly forgot to test what the czar looked like! :D
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby The_Simpleton » 27 Apr 2014, 15:51

RK I think your explosions mod might be causing conflicts with other mods endorsed by FAF. We just played a labwars game with explosions and we were able to build anything with no restrictions.

I'm going to test this and get back to you later.
The_Simpleton

Postby The_Simpleton » 27 Apr 2014, 16:45

Never mind. We tried playing labwars on it's own and found that it still wasn't working, so it's not because of your mod at all!
The_Simpleton

Postby Legion Darrath » 27 Apr 2014, 20:13

I just tested LabWars and .nxt files that are not FAF's own are no longer being loaded as a safety precaution. Most of the Featured Mods use their own extensions but LabWars was added as one of the first and as a result it does not have a unique extension. I'll push a patch soon but I'll have to consult with ZeP first since I can only change the file extension internally considering the new file will always download as LabWars.nxt for you under the current patch system (as far as I understand). Expect an update either later today or sometime tomorrow and my apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby RK4000 » 30 Apr 2014, 18:35

Just a small update on the progress (or lack of said progress I should say)

The mod development is paused until June 10th, because of exams. (Modders are real people too and therefore have to do real people stuff, who would've thought? :lol: ). So, do not fret, the mod will continue to be developed after that. I will also not be on FAF for the time being, so all feedback needs to be posted here.

That's all, enjoy the mod!
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 01 May 2014, 08:38

Modders are real people? :o

Anyway, good luck with the exams.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Meow » 02 May 2014, 23:04

Very nice mod. I hardly ever play without it now, thanks for making it ranked :D.
Last edited by Meow on 02 May 2014, 23:19, edited 2 times in total.
Meow
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Meow

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools