New explosion FXs (RK's Explosions)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New explosion FX's

Postby RK4000 » 28 Feb 2014, 00:59

All engineers will use the T1 explosion of its respective faction. (or even a smaller explosion if need be)
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby Sulo » 28 Feb 2014, 14:45

Seraphim explosions seem a bit too fast and I somehow cant get behind that T3 cybran, T1 and T2 are good but the T3 is just not right somehow.

Will you change naval and experimental explosions as well?
They could use slight scale-up.
Sulo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Sulo

Postby RK4000 » 28 Feb 2014, 22:23

Yes, currently I'm focusing on one thing at a time, that's how I like doing things.

I want to get all techs of land units perfect before I move onto exp, navy, and air.

Another replay with the feedback taken into account will be up later today after I'm done fine-tuning the explosions.
RK4000
Priest

Postby Gyle » 01 Mar 2014, 00:55

First of all amazing work RK, absolutely phenomenal. I especially love the phim ones but then that's because I'm a whore for Blue.

If i had to be picky (and this is me being really picky) I would just revert UEF to a conventional looking explosion. I think its the only week looking one there and UEf is supposed to be based of Earth style tech so it makes sense to have some regular flame and shit.

Also Im interested to see what it en mass in a large battle and whether or not it looks too overwhelming, especially with all the light coming off the Aeon ones. Is it at all possible to mix them with the conventional splosions we have now and make it randomised or would that lagz?

Just my 2 cents and feel free to ignore every word :)
My youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta?feature=mhee

"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive."
Gyle

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Gyle

Postby Nombringer » 01 Mar 2014, 01:06

I think originally he had the UEF explosions with the regular supreme destruction flames ect, when he showed Aulex and I a while ago but the textures for the flame didn't really hold up, and looked out of place and cartoony, and really not on par with the others, Ill have to check the most current version of the mod though ^
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby RK4000 » 02 Mar 2014, 03:53

Updated post with new replay.

Quick changelog:
-Tweaked Cybran T2 and T3 explosion
-Redid spark effects on UEF explosion
-Small scale changes for all techs
-Experimental "shot down" trail on planes + factional explosions for the planes themselves
RK4000
Priest

Postby RaptorJesus » 02 Mar 2014, 04:41

The land explosions have been improved a lot.
Especially the UEF and Cybran ones, in my opinion look fantastic and the T3 ones don't look like artillery explosions anymore :)

As for the planes, I think the Aeon ones are a bit off, looks almost like flares when it should be things exploding, but the rest of them are great.
cant wait to see more, nice work!
├┬┴┬┴┤° ͜ʖ °) hey├┬┴┬┴┤
RaptorJesus
Crusader

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: RaptorJesus

Postby Nombringer » 02 Mar 2014, 05:40

First off I have to say these things are really looking great :D

One think to check though, it to do a couple of 30v30 tank and int battles. They look fine when it's just the single unit exploding, but we don't know if they might be a bit too much when a large battle is going on.

The other thing (I'm not sure if this is possible) is for the Aeon and UEF explosions.

For both of them, the "shockwave" originates slightly above the top of the tank, this makes them look very weird, if the camera angle is anything but default, is it possible to move them down so that they start either on the ground, or midway through the units?

http://imgur.com/hJuDmO7,GeOLcPv,U6hju4 ... cS,RoDSkLb

For the ints: I think the cybran and seraphim "trails" both might look a bit better, if the lightning effect were turned down slightly and the smoke turned up, the sparks just seem a bit.... much? Especially in big air fights. That might just be my preference though, I would like to hear other opinions on that.

http://imgur.com/gUx9PBR,k7hpQ7q
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby lextoc » 02 Mar 2014, 12:42

epicness is epic
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby RK4000 » 02 Mar 2014, 13:33

Nombringer wrote:One think to check though, it to do a couple of 30v30 tank and int battles. They look fine when it's just the single unit exploding, but we don't know if they might be a bit too much when a large battle is going on.

Replay for that is coming out today! :D

Nombringer wrote:The other thing (I'm not sure if this is possible) is for the Aeon and UEF explosions.

For both of them, the "shockwave" originates slightly above the top of the tank, this makes them look very weird, if the camera angle is anything but default, is it possible to move them down so that they start either on the ground, or midway through the units?

http://imgur.com/hJuDmO7,GeOLcPv,U6hju4 ... cS,RoDSkLb

It IS possible, but there's a problem with that, if the shockwave is under the unit or in the center of the unit, if the unit is next to terrain (the effect doesn't "tilt" with the terrain) some of the shockwave might clip through it. Since this is a 2d shockwave, this is even more apparent. For now I have no workaround against this (best option would be to make the shockwave tilt with the terrain, but for now, I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible), but I'm working on it. I placed the shockwaves above the units because most of the time these will be looked at from default view, so that's a compreomise I guess :/

Nombringer wrote:For the ints: I think the cybran and seraphim "trails" both might look a bit better, if the lightning effect were turned down slightly and the smoke turned up, the sparks just seem a bit.... much? Especially in big air fights. That might just be my preference though, I would like to hear other opinions on that.
http://imgur.com/gUx9PBR,k7hpQ7q

Noted, but will wait for more feedback so I know if this is the direction I should go in. The trails for now are just a prototype feature, so I want to know if people want to keep them at all first :D
RK4000
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools