Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Postby PhilipJFry » 05 Dec 2017, 22:25

Cujo67 wrote:Anyone know where this file is located so I can delete it and restart from scratch? Tia

mods store data in the game.prefs file; click options->show paths->show game.prefs in the client to find it
look for "BannedPlayers" in the game.prefs (open it with a text editor of your choice)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Cujo67 » 06 Dec 2017, 00:24

Thanks Philip, i actually found that out spent all day working with it, backed it up and tried to go scratch. Problem is, with a vanilla gamepref it doesn't want to load the LobbyManager plugin for some reason. If i rename the old gamepref back, it'll load (but I broke it deleting users in there earlier today)

Any help would be greatly appreciated getting the ball rolling on this, excited that the possibility of this working again is...a possibility :D

Heres my gamelog if it helps!
Attachments
game.log
(62.86 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Cujo67
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Cujo67

Postby PhilipJFry » 06 Dec 2017, 13:24

the lobby tool has a box you need to tick in the settings in the lobby (top right corner of the lobby screen) in order to access its features

sadly that box is overlapping with the faction color check box which has been added a few patches back but you can still click on it
if you can't then i suggest you open your game.prefs again and set the "LobbyManagerEnabled" value to "true"

edit: you can also edit the lobby.lua file located in the mod in "schook\lua\ui\lobby" and change the line 147 from "LayoutHelpers.AtRightTopIn(cbox_EnableLobbyManager, dialogContent, 20, 94)" to "LayoutHelpers.AtRightTopIn(cbox_EnableLobbyManager, dialogContent, 20, 114)" which will create the box for enableing and disableing the mod in the lobby below the other stuff and above the text size option
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Cujo67 » 07 Dec 2017, 00:34

PhilipJFry wrote:the lobby tool has a box you need to tick in the settings in the lobby (top right corner of the lobby screen) in order to access its features

sadly that box is overlapping with the faction color check box which has been added a few patches back but you can still click on it
if you can't then i suggest you open your game.prefs again and set the "LobbyManagerEnabled" value to "true"

edit: you can also edit the lobby.lua file located in the mod in "schook\lua\ui\lobby" and change the line 147 from "LayoutHelpers.AtRightTopIn(cbox_EnableLobbyManager, dialogContent, 20, 94)" to "LayoutHelpers.AtRightTopIn(cbox_EnableLobbyManager, dialogContent, 20, 114)" which will create the box for enableing and disableing the mod in the lobby below the other stuff and above the text size option

WOW! Thank you so very much!! Did that eons ago when first installing the mod, cou ldn't find the option, saw the overlapped box and wondered what it said, tooltip said it after you mentioned it. Thanks again so glad for the help on here :D
Cujo67
Crusader

Postby Cujo67 » 07 Dec 2017, 00:48

Son of a nutcracker, another problems cropped up....the Player List is not clickable, even after adding a user note still not able to enter it. Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-12-06 14.46.32.png
Screenshot 2017-12-06 14.46.32.png (182.33 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
Cujo67
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 07 Dec 2017, 08:34

you need to have someone in your list for banned players for the button to become relevant

easiest way to do this is starting a game with some random volunteer and adding them to your ban list in game via the score tab (does NOT work when the Supreme Score Board mod is enabled!)
assuming you don't actually want to have your test subject in your ban list you can later just edit the game.prefs (the UID of the user is the important part!)

alternatively you can just add a user to the ban list in the game.prefs file by hand i suppose
Code: Select all
                BannedPlayers = {
                    {
                        BanReasons = {
                        },
                        Notes = 'no need for one',
                        OriginalName = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX',
                        UID = '<enter UID here>'
                    }
                },

this table belongs inside the "LobbyManager_Settings"
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Cujo67 » 08 Dec 2017, 04:48

Tried it out, indeed adding a note doesn't enable the player list had to add a ban, thanks a lot working smoothly again much appreciated :)
Cujo67
Crusader

Postby ghostronin » 27 Dec 2019, 03:02

Never mind...it still works.

@PhilipJFry - It's been a while since I've played, does this mod still work with latest game patch? Are there alternatives available.
ghostronin
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ghostronin

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools