Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Postby Ze_PilOt » 12 Jan 2014, 11:42

The forum is a html page.
The software is your browser.

They are many addons that save what you are typing automatically, like Lazarus for firefox.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Monk_ » 15 Feb 2014, 18:34

Hi, I installed and while I can add people to the ban list I have no button for the lobby manager, you can see the text but there is no button.

here is picture

Screenshot 2014-02-15 11.21.24.png
Screenshot 2014-02-15 11.21.24.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 2875 times

and here is log

game.log
(115.33 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

only thing I can see close to a error in log is

info: Warning: Unable to find file \000/BUTTON/small/_up.dds
info: Unable to load texture from file: /BUTTON/small/_up.dds

looks great other than this problem,

thanks for any help
Monk_
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Monk_

Postby Duck_42 » 16 Feb 2014, 05:14

@Monk_,

Thanks for reminding me. I've been meaning to fix it since the last lobby update (the changes broke the lobby manager UI). I've updated the first post in this thread with the new version (v1.0.2).

@Kulu,

The new version has support for non-punitive note taking, so now you can take notes about a player without banning them or placing them on probation. The note will automatically display in the chat window (visible to you only) when the player joins your game or when you join a game they are in.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby Xinnony » 16 Feb 2014, 05:29

Because i change the texture, /BUTTON/small/_up.dds converted to /BUTTON/small/_up.png.
Xinnony
Contributor

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Xinnony

Postby Duck_42 » 16 Feb 2014, 17:53

Xinnony wrote:Because i change the texture, /BUTTON/small/_up.dds converted to /BUTTON/small/_up.png.

That, along with the other PNG changes, yes. It's not a big deal, as it didn't take long to fix. :ugeek:
Duck_42

Postby Monk_ » 17 Feb 2014, 07:10

Thanks for updating Duck,

I must say awesome work, this is something me and my friends have often talked about. Didn't even realize and only stumbled on this by chance....

Great work.

Thanks
Monk_
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Monk_

Postby D10ny5u5 » 26 Feb 2014, 12:08

Awesome mod, love it. Agree, needed the friends comments.
Suggestions/"beg for additions":
Can we have a way to manually add players. IE Not currently in the lobby, or current game....IE a way to manually update the list. Even if this means we can break the lobby,FA or the MOD
I like the idea on having to put people on Probation before banning them. IE Forced a two step approach.

Either way, great mod, will update today.
D10ny5u5
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: D10ny5u5

Postby Dragonfire » 26 Feb 2014, 12:13

D10ny5u5 wrote:Awesome mod, love it. Agree, needed the friends comments.
Suggestions/"beg for additions":
Can we have a way to manually add players. IE Not currently in the lobby, or current game....IE a way to manually update the list. Even if this means we can break the lobby,FA or the MOD
I like the idea on having to put people on Probation before banning them. IE Forced a two step approach.

Either way, great mod, will update today.

Maybe I can add such a thing to my friendlist:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6794#p66986
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Duck_42 » 28 Feb 2014, 00:37

@D10ny5u5,

First, I'd like to say that I'm not really sure why you need to ban someone or put them on probation outside of the game. The interface is there in game to do it when/if it becomes necessary.

That being said, you can manually edit the game.prefs file to add or remove entries from the lobby manager lists. The problem there is you'll need a player's UID number in order to add them manually. I don't know of any way to manually retrieve a UID from the FAF lobby.

Something like what Dragonfire is working on would probably work great for this. If he can obtain the UID for a player in his UI, then the rest is simply a matter of modifying the game.prefs file accordingly.

@Dragonfire,

If you decide you want to do that, I'll be happy to provide specs on what is written to the game.prefs file.
Duck_42

Postby Dragonfire » 28 Feb 2014, 03:53

Duck_42 wrote:@D10ny5u5,

First, I'd like to say that I'm not really sure why you need to ban someone or put them on probation outside of the game. The interface is there in game to do it when/if it becomes necessary.

That being said, you can manually edit the game.prefs file to add or remove entries from the lobby manager lists. The problem there is you'll need a player's UID number in order to add them manually. I don't know of any way to manually retrieve a UID from the FAF lobby.

Something like what Dragonfire is working on would probably work great for this. If he can obtain the UID for a player in his UI, then the rest is simply a matter of modifying the game.prefs file accordingly.

@Dragonfire,

If you decide you want to do that, I'll be happy to provide specs on what is written to the game.prefs file.

I did not test it, but you can add a player also over name ;)
Feature is planned:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6794&start=10#p67289

But for adding manually friends I must ask Zep if that is allowed ...
But removing friends would also be a good step forward :D
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools