Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Lobby Manager (Ban/Probation Tool)

Postby Kulu » 25 Dec 2013, 01:57

Is it possible to just add notes for a specific player with this tool? Like: "player xy" -> "was good at setons air position" or something like that. So that the note is only shown to me, not for ban reasons or warning the player somehow.

I really wanted this feature, to just have a note about the players, because i keep playing with the same persons in my ranking but sometimes cant remember what was about that player :)
Kulu

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kulu

Postby Dragonfire » 26 Dec 2013, 15:01

Maybe FriendList/PlayerStats should be implemented in FAF?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Dec 2013, 15:44

There is a friendlist already.

Playertrack is out of question.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Kulu » 27 Dec 2013, 18:25

What is Playertrack? What you think about my point with just being able to add a note for each player, just for yourself? So you dont have to look up your .txt file:)
Kulu

Postby Xinnony » 27 Dec 2013, 22:52

Kulu wrote:What is Playertrack? What you think about my point with just being able to add a note for each player, just for yourself? So you dont have to look up your .txt file:)

Paper and Pen, sometimes you have to learn to let a second chance to players blacklisted.
Xinnony
Contributor

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Xinnony

Postby Kulu » 28 Dec 2013, 18:00

From my point of view its wasnt for any blacklisting purposes or something like that. It was just for making a note. To blacklist some1 you can just use the "add foe" funtionality? I just wanted to know if its possible to take a note like "player xy likes to go for a quick monkey" with this mod/tool.
Kulu

Postby Duck_42 » 29 Dec 2013, 06:54

@Kulu, Yes, it is possible. Whether or not I'll find the time to do it is another question entirely. :-) I'll make a note of the idea, and if I get some time, I may look into adding that capability.
Duck_42

Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby ghostronin » 11 Jan 2014, 01:24

SAKO_X wrote:
errorblankfield wrote:Can we have the opposite added as well? That is a friend list. No need for anything too fancy just a notification when someone you like joins. Perhaps a scale (1-10) as well. IDK

I can't remember all the people I like >_<.

yes, that would be nice, why not think positive?
the only problem i have with the ban/probation tool is that it shows that people don't always like each other here : (

Hi Duck, awesome mod! Just started using it, but I really like the functionality of it. I just want to concur with Sako, ErrorBlankfield, and Kulu and say some positive notes, etc. would be a great addition to your mod. Thanks again.
ghostronin
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ghostronin

Postby ghostronin » 11 Jan 2014, 07:24

Also, is there any way to be use this mod from the chat lobby or is it only function in the game lobby and in-game? For example, if I just played a game with someone who had a very slow CPU but forgot to make a note/warning on him in-game. After I'm out of the game would I be able to select him from the chat lobby and make a note/warn him on my player list?
ghostronin
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ghostronin

Postby Duck_42 » 12 Jan 2014, 04:55

@Ghostronin,

I had a nice long reply typed up, but it got lost because this forum software can be a pain. :evil: I'm not retyping all that stuff, so here's the short version.

The mod only works with FA. It could be done in FAF, but that would be a lot of work. There's a way to do what you want manually by looking in the game.log file then editing the game.prefs file to insert a new entry for the offending player.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go kick myself a few times for not copying all the text I had typed up before I hit the submit button. Eventually, I'm going to learn to NEVER trust software to do the "right" thing.
Duck_42

Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools