Mod Idea

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Mod Idea

Postby Von_Ribbentrop » 18 Oct 2013, 16:26

At home we all use electricity both in DC and AC forms.

DC Electricity - Gives a fixed voltage output such as from a battery.
AC Electricity - The voltage comes in a sin wave such as the electricity out of plug sockets ranging from +240 to -240 50 times a second.

So in FAF if we consider our mass output to be like electicity its a DC mass output. My idea for a mod is to AC the mass output and there are good reasons for doing so. But before I get to why I shall point out that an AC mass output would require a mod that scales down and up the mass output from mass extractors (by turning them on and off gradually). I believe the internal clock of FA runs at 5 clicks per second so the AC mass output frequency would be 5 Hertz a second.

So why?

Many people are mis-taught at school that AC electricity goes through the following cycle 0V to 240V to 0V to -240V then repeats 50 times a second. In fact the voltage is always at +240V its just that the direction it wants to flow in changes (the changing flow direction matches the 360 degrees of a circle or sinwave). This means at 0V the +240V is flowing at right angles to a circuit giving the illusion of 0V.

I will no doubt get criticism for suggesting there is extra mass to be got out of a AC mass output because people dont like to believe you can get stuff out of thin air. The same people dont believe it works on electricity either and as an engineer I can tell them it most certainly does.

What is basically going on is that we turn a 2 dimensional mass extractor (dimensions are mass output + time) into a 4 dimensional one (the extra two are called J and Real) when we have a sin waved mass output. Going back to AC electricity at +240V or -240V the voltage is fully aligned or opposed with its first two dimensions. At 0V its fully aligned with J and Real. The same will apply to the AC mass output. Just as with electrical engineering there are ways to tap all the extra mass existing in J and Real. If we have a DC mass output of +100 an AC mass output mod could potentially give many times the output if we collect the mass going down J and Real throughout its sin wave cycle. There is a special resonance which can occur too which could see us supplying our base with about 300x the mass output.

So to make the mod I require -
A skilled programmer.
Someone who is good with complex equations and imaginary numbers.

The mod will need to -
Sin wave the mass output (gradually turn on and off mass extractors to create a sin wave).
Calculate the mass consumption of the base 5 times a second.
Align the sin wave 5 times a second (lead it or lag it behind the mass consumption) using complex equations and imaginary numbers.
Must factor in built mass storage to create an artifical 0V point (i.e. zero level set at 50% full mass storage).

Anybody interested please PM me. The main part is the programming skills. I can do complex equations and imaginary numbers if I have to but I'm not the best at them.

VR
Von_Ribbentrop
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: CattleProd

Return to Mods & Tools