EcoManager [v7 for 3641]

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

EcoManager [v7 for 3641]

Postby Crotalus » 03 Oct 2013, 01:57

NOTICE: You must use version 7 or above with patch 3641

v7 requires Common Mod Tools v1

EcoManager v7
UI mod that helps with different parts of the eco-management. Some of the functions can be control via certain commands that are executed in the chat, more on that below.

Functions in the mod:

MEX-overlay
Shows graphical overlay over mexes to easier spot the different mex levels.

Colors:
Green - T1 Mex, T2 Mex with storages
Yellow - currently upgrading mex
Red - T2 Mex without storages
White - Fully upgraded T3 mex

Nuke-overlay
Shows the number of missiles in silos for nukes / anti nukes. Also applies for battleships / nuke subs.

Autoshare
Shares resources between allied players that also are using this mod. Resources are only shared when a player needs it and another player has plenty of resources.
It's possible to change the threshold when to share resources by changing sliders in the UI. Default mode is 'auto'.

Commands:
/m <amount>|auto
Sets the threshold when to share mass
/e <amount>|auto
Sets the threshold when to share energy

MEX-Upgrade/pause
Easier handling of mex upgrades. When an engineer start assisting a paused mex it'll automatically unpause. There are two different upgrade modes:

Auto:
T1 / T2 Mexes with storages are automatically upgrade / paused. Watch out for patrolling / attack-move engineers which will assist paused stuff when mass > 50%.
On click mode prevents this, see below:

On click:
Select or assist a mex to upgrade / unpause it.

Mass throttle
Throttle mass spent on mexes to upgrade them sequentially in a optimized fashion.

Energy Throttle
When low of energy, energy users are throttled to prevent energy stall. Different users have different priority, massfabs are lower priority and always throttled if energy goes <80%.
Shields/radar etc are never touched. Remember to build some energy storage because mod cannot respond faster than ~1 s due to FA pause lag. It's possible to set threshold by command.

Commands:
/t <amount>|auto|on|off
Sets the threshold when to throttle energy, auto means throttle at <=15% (<=1% at beginning until energy income > 1000.
If <amount> is set to 0 only massfabs are throttled (< 80%)
/t off turns off the throttling completely, /t on if you want to enable it again

Show Options
/options - Show some info about game options

Max Shield upgrade
Upgrade a cybran shield to maximum by selecting it and press Ctrl-Shift S
Last edited by Crotalus on 13 Jul 2015, 01:06, edited 5 times in total.
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Re: EcoManager

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Oct 2013, 07:44

Crotalus wrote:Desync window close
The desync window are closed after the first click on OK. The game is still desynced but you can play on without the irritating window popping up all the time.

Probably the worst idea ever. A desync game has no meaning, you shouldn't ignore it and continue to play.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Kulu » 08 Oct 2013, 18:26

I like the new icons. Is it possible to use with Zulans hotbuild and G-UI ?
Kulu

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kulu

Postby ColonelSheppard » 08 Oct 2013, 18:54

Ze_PilOt wrote:
Crotalus wrote:Desync window close
The desync window are closed after the first click on OK. The game is still desynced but you can play on without the irritating window popping up all the time.

Probably the worst idea ever. A desync game has no meaning, you shouldn't ignore it and continue to play.

no good idea to play with, but very nice sometimes for meaningless dsyncs in old replays
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Krapougnak » 09 Oct 2013, 07:49

Shouldn't T1 and T3 Mexes without storages also be shown in red ?
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby rockoe10 » 14 Oct 2013, 16:42

Just wondering, but why didn't you put the overlay on the T2 Tactical Missile Launchers too? Seems like they are used more often and it would be nice to know which one has missiles just from strategic zoom.

Otherwise really nice work!

P.S.
The photo looks like its working for TML, but Cybran's didn't
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 30 Oct 2013, 16:11

Goodbye teamgames. This mod gives a massive advantage.

Effectively all pgens and mass extractors are shared among all the allies that have the mod.(People who will try to say it is not a big deal are either noobs or cheaters who want to keep using this mod)

This should either be made a part of the standard game or be banned or be made visible so that people can choose not to play with people using it.

Please don't even begin to try to argue. Just considering mass inflation is enough to show how effective this is.
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Postby Nombringer » 31 Oct 2013, 01:12

I sort of have to agree here, some of it is stuff that is really nice (missile number overlays/cybran shield full upgrade)

But autosharing res, and autopausing units are not okay in my book. I agree with TA that it needs to be implemented or banned
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 31 Oct 2013, 04:34

First reason why resource sharing is a big deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-sazypa3U

This is why a player with a double base techs faster than two players on two bases. Examples: Isis, Dim14 on Setons Rock/Mid

I will continue to bring this point up over and over until this mod is either part of the standard game, is banned or is made visible.

Personally I think it would be interesting to have it be part of the standard game.
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Postby ClusterSoup » 31 Oct 2013, 06:32

A very interesting discussion. I agree that this would give you an unfair advantage.

As a very nooby player the concept of managing the eco well is fairly daunting to me, and this could make it less so. People always say that FAF doesn't require the crazy APM from Starcraft due to the vastly superior queue-ing system and all that. I can't handle fighting, building and effectively upgrading mexes at the same time, so I like it.

Some might argue that this makes the game less skill based. But for me less need for microing the eco gives more time for strategic planning and good fighting.

Not that it counts, but I vote for implementing some of this into the standard game.
ClusterSoup

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Next

Return to Mods & Tools