EcoManager [v7 for 3641]

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: EcoManager

Postby Nombringer » 31 Oct 2013, 06:47

I probably would not use the mex upgrading myself, but I think that would be okay to have as an option for the base game.

One possibility is to have the economy management as a featured mod, lower skill, or new players. Likewise, it could be an allowed mod, but only for players below a certain rating...

Just putting the thought out there, but yes this gives too bigger advantage.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 31 Oct 2013, 07:06

More evidence for the potential of this mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjVgU8L9z8
This was a random team game, with good players. I am quite certain if I chose a game will weaker players the results would be more striking, where the mass stalls of one player would be corrected by wasted mass of another.

How much is 500 mass worth when you are 85% done with a t3 mass extractor deep in a mass stall?
How much will that t3 mass extractor benefit the allies that will now unused extracted mass from it for their own upgrades?
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Postby Golol » 31 Oct 2013, 07:55

auto sharing resources and autopausing energy is definetly not okay.
either ban this mod, or make app games unranked with it (and the mod visible)
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby I_AM_EXFOLIATING » 31 Oct 2013, 09:13

Can someone please explain how this is any different to the existing functionality in FA? Doesn't a full mass / energy bar automatically overflow to allies in the current rules? This mod simply lowers the storage threshold you have to reach before resources are shared with your allies, which doesn't seem like that big a deal.

If pouring the eco of 4 teammates into a single player's is so effective, why don't we ever see a team assisting one player to max out their eco and then the next player, sequentially, until the entire team has T3 eco?

I'm not picking sides, and probably wouldn't use this mod myself but from what I can tell there isn't actually any issue here. TA4Life has put out 2 videos today about it and is making himself vocal here so I feel like I've missed the point.
I_AM_EXFOLIATING

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: I_AM_EXFOLIATING

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 31 Oct 2013, 14:54

The current functionality:
Resources are shared with allies when either resource is maximized.
Resources are shared manually.

This mod allows sharing to begin automatically when resources in storage go beyond a player set limit. For example the limit can be set to 1 for both power and energy.
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Postby skwibble » 31 Oct 2013, 17:44

Reading the arguments (and TA's videos), I agree implementing/using this mod would completely change team games.

But it just made me think, is donating mass extractors to players who are upgrading theirs so they can eco faster taboo now? Because it would give (almost) the same advantage as this mod, and I have seen it in very old games, but never in recent ones (example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d4Uc#t=386 ):

If there is an unwritten rule against this, which I can understand, then this mod probably breaks that for the same reason. And if there isn't, then maybe there should be. Or is there another reason that this isn't commonly used, other than just having to use an excessive number of clicks?
skwibble
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: skwibble

Postby lebensnebel » 31 Oct 2013, 18:25

Imho giving mex is not practiced because it's so hard to balance the eco's and esp. in the early game it's so important to gain map control -> everbody bild t1 spam.
But I always thought it would be interesting if someone works out a decent strategy with some smart team economy decisions.

Regarding the mod, I also think it changes team battle balance quite a bit.
lebensnebel

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 23 times
FAF User Name: lebensnebel

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 31 Oct 2013, 20:07

skwibble wrote:Reading the arguments (and TA's videos), I agree implementing/using this mod would completely change team games.

But it just made me think, is donating mass extractors to players who are upgrading theirs so they can eco faster taboo now? Because it would give (almost) the same advantage as this mod, and I have seen it in very old games, but never in recent ones (example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d4Uc#t=386 ):

If there is an unwritten rule against this, which I can understand, then this mod probably breaks that for the same reason. And if there isn't, then maybe there should be. Or is there another reason that this isn't commonly used, other than just having to use an excessive number of clicks?

There is no taboo against sharing mexes and it is not nearly as effective as this mod.
For manual sharing of mexes you need knowledge of yours and ally's economies to initiate the transfer. Two people have to spend time decide this is the right thing to do and to make the transfer. The greatly impedes planning.

There are obvious situations where mex sharing is used and that is when you absolutey must have your T4 and your ally has more engies available to build it.

This mod is a behind the scenes economy optimizer.
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Postby jkleli » 31 Oct 2013, 21:33

This mod is a behind the scenes economy optimizer.

Which is awesome. The mod is brilliant and should absolutely be in the sidebar- but using it without the other team's knowledge is unfair.
Seriously I dig this mod but i wouldn't play it without everyone having it.
jkleli
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: jkleli

Postby rootbeer23 » 31 Oct 2013, 22:06

is it even working as advertised?
what if all but one in a team have it, do they all(-1) give then but never get something back?
is there a way to prohibit it?
i suggest it should not be allowed. analoguous to why you cannot bring a computer to a chess tournament.
it does not improve the game. so its not needed. it gives an unfair advantage. so it should be forbidden.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools