Project SCTA: Fixing and Rebalancing

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Project SCTA: Fixing and Rebalancing

Postby Dragun101 » 15 Jul 2020, 15:41

Grandpa ARM's wants you! (Model above by Gamma to replace ARM. Commander. Model ported by Madmax).
Ever wish to reexperience the origin of our great game? SCTA is for you then. It brings from TA over 200 unique units, alongside CORE and ARM factions, rebalanced and bugfixed to our great game. In far off decades of 1990’s before there was the UEF there was the ARM, and before the Cybran there was the CORE.

The SCTA mod revision of the mod known as SCTA, to make Vault Legal, by replacing all the original TA model files with new and original replacements inspired by TA ones. But its over 200+ models. While also making a new mod called SCTABalance which balances ARM&CORE to have ability for competitive games versus a Supreme Commander.

Much work has been done already, but more is still needed. Over hundred models still need replacements, and many lines of code need revision. Grandpa ARM needs you! To help him come to FAF!

SCTA Project:
To bring over the Total Annihilation: ARM and CORE Factions to Supreme Commander Forged Alliance Forever. Trying to keep to the games original mechanics were possible (and various associated quirks). Then the goal is to rebalance the factions, to be equivalent in capability to the 4 Supreme Commander Factions. This project has required the help and support of various individuals. It is a job not one man can do alone. For that I have made a team to help me where I am lacking.

(Pictured is one of Gamma's imported models from TA Mayham ARM Drake)
The Team:
Is composed of myself and but not limited to, Odin of GB, the mapmaker Madmax, Balthezar, the maker of Brewlan, and we are aided by Gamma of TA's Community (maker of TA Mayham balance project). In the last two or three months, much time has been spent on coding the mod, balancing the factions, as well as model replacing and porting of the original TA Models. But my current team is well, only so many of us there is much work still to do until it can be Vault ready. Code to fixed up, models to be replaced and more.

And for balancing to be done. Anyone who can lend a hand, any at all be it, model making, helping improve the code or just wanting to chat and suggest ideas for improvement are welcome. For more information you can shoot me a PM here or on discord.

https://discord.gg/V9Z3j9r - This link is a permanent link to the discord, further information on the installation process and setup is more.

Will you stand with Grandpa CORE? (model made by Madmax to replace TA Core Commander)

Installation Process
https://github.com/Dragun123/SCTA
Spoiler: show
on this site has the link to the mod itself once there here are the steps you must take to install.
1) Installed an older version in mods folder, if named SCTABalance-master and/or SCTA-master delete it
2) Download the Zip from Github to Desktops or wherever,
3) Unzip the Zip to Mods folder. Document Path is "documents/mygames/gas poweredgames/supremecommanderforgedalliance/mods"
4) Then once launched you have if launched via FAF Client on mod screen to option to choose SCTA. pick that one.
5) Once in Lobby you can then enable SCTA Rebalance. If you want to play TA Factions as close to original TA in terms of economy and otherwise as possible just have SCTA enabled. If you wish to play this project as intended (versus one of the 4 Supreme Commander Factions) enable SCTA Rebalance. Then Launch!
6) To play with TAShaders the game must be launched as a Nomad one. Then in addition to enabling SCTABalance you must also enable TAShaders.

If you have issues its likely the following
1) Did not Delete An Old Version
2) Unzip to SCTA itself then move folder to Mod resulted in a nestled folder
3) You download zip to mod folder resulting in it reading the zip

Preview Pictures
Spoiler: show
ARM Base

ARM Drakes attacking a UEF Firebase

CORE Bases

CORE Army
Last edited by Dragun101 on 31 Jul 2020, 19:37, edited 9 times in total.
Dragun101
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Dragun101

Re: Project SCTA: Fixing and Rebalancing

Postby vongratz » 16 Jul 2020, 00:52

Dragun123 wrote:Image
The SCTA Project is making the mod known as SCTA (and related mod SCTABalance) Vault Legal, by replacing all the original TA model files with new and original replacements inspired by TA ones. But its over 200+ models.

A question (or two).
Did the models would be "inspired" or ported as better "Evolvas" as I saw in the pictures of the commanders?

In the second case, you can be inspired in the Evolva models from XTA and my own, that, at this time agreed with the Yankspankers leader for a colaboration between both evolvas. XTA and TA-Battlefleet, in RTS Spring had models in common.This was, for me the golden period of Spring, but since the endless changes, and the birth of Supcomm, Ive preferred to stop. Otherwise,one of modifications, along the model "make up", was to put more types of weapons in units, as carriers with AA defense, BBs with secondary lasers, etc.
But, to define what you will do, would be necessary to plan the tiers, as in FAF, and the something like counterpart units that will be utilized.
Obviously the Krogoth was one of the T4 unique things, but the balance will start with the limitation of the units that will be utilized.
Image ARM hovers
Image Core hovers
Image Core Goliath. My concept. Low poly ones.
Image AA vehicle
Image Core Abyss adv submarine.
vongratz

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Dragun101 » 16 Jul 2020, 01:33

Everything as it was in TA is as how it would exist in SCTA with the exception of ARMDrake in SCTABalance. So no new units will be added, and with few exceptions no new abilities will be added units. If you have a second come into the discord, I am loitering with F-Odin there now
Dragun101
Crusader

Postby mirddes » 27 Jul 2020, 06:00

having core and arm included in the unitdata base at some point will be really cool :)

http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
mirddes
Banned

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: mirddes

Postby Zeldafanboy » 27 Jul 2020, 17:51

Dragun101 wrote: In far off decades of 1990’s before there was the UEF there was the ARM, and before the Cybran there was the CORE.

The ARM were the underdog rebels with faster, lighter units and the CORE were the large centralized empire with the tankier bruiser units. This is reversed.
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby Dragun101 » 28 Jul 2020, 06:26

Zeldafanboy wrote:
Dragun101 wrote: In far off decades of 1990’s before there was the UEF there was the ARM, and before the Cybran there was the CORE.

The ARM were the underdog rebels with faster, lighter units and the CORE were the large centralized empire with the tankier bruiser units. This is reversed.

No, it isn’t because refering the model design not to lore
Dragun101
Crusader

Postby Dragun101 » 29 Jul 2020, 00:30

So every other week on Sunday's starting from Noon EST and normally for 2-3 hours, myself, Odin, Silene and a couple others group up in SCTA Discord to help test gameplay, give general thoughts on mod progress. Also give suggestions or thoughts on improving ideas or otherwise, I am hoping to see some new faces there this week
Dragun101
Crusader

Return to Mods & Tools