chef keyser's ui mods recipe

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

chef keyser's ui mods recipe

Postby keyser » 06 May 2020, 01:09

Hello everyone, I find that too little person know what UI mods to use. I am going to sum up the few UI mods that I have been using. I think it will be a good overview of the UI mods that are available.

I'm going to split classification in 2 groups : the mods that saves you APM and the mods that improves the UI
I will try to update and remove the UI mods that have been banned or integrated into the game.
You can download these mods with downlord client, i will leave my modified mods here.
Usually mods are stored at Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods ; downloaded mods from the vault are going directly here. If you download a mod from the forum, you will have to put the unzip folder at this location.

APM saver

ecomanager

link to the ui mod and download :
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5433#p55035
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5433&p=174071#p174070 (file to change for compatibility with "Assist Mex to Build Mass Storage" option)

Be careful this mod requires the mod "Common Mod Tools" to be used; you can download here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19207&p=183971#p183971 or directly on the vault (available once again).

It performs different type of work, but overall it help handling the economy.
1st It helps you upgrade your mex
2nd it helps you avoid energy stall
3rd it shares resources between allies

For mex management : the mod can decide when to upgrade and pause the mex automatically depending on your eco; i wouldn't advise using this feature because you need to be in control of your economy, when you want to eco etc So you can turn "EM: MEX upgrade optimisation" option off
The mod allow you to improve the behavior of pausing/upgrading mex, with the option "EM: MEX upgrade-pause". There is 2 option : the "On click" option and the "auto" option. Basically with the "On click" option, if you to select a mex, it will start upgrading it. At first, you will upgrade mex by mistake, losing you games. But soon enough you won't make this mistake anymore, and you won't have to select mex and press hotkey anymore to eco, saving you some time. On top of this, if you select engies and tell them to assist a mex, the mex will start upgrading, then pause itself, and wait that the engies start assisting to unpause itself. This is a very good feature, allowing you to eco very efficiently with minimum apm required. With the "auto" option, when built the mexx start upgrading and pauses itself. The behavior is similar when you assist them with engies. Though if you want to upgrade them (without engies), you will have to select them and un-pause. This is a more safe way to use that feature, though it cost a bit more click.
Be sure to put on the "Assist Mex to Build Mass Storage" option, this allow you to put 4 storage around a T2/T3 mex by selecting engies and assisting the mex. To have this option working you need to download the file of ecomanager in the second link and replace it in the mod folder. It will let you upgrade a mex from T2 to T3 only if you have 4 storages adjacent to the mex. You can also download my modified version of the mod, which let you upgrade a mex from T2 to T3 only if you have 2 storages adjacent (in case they are adjacent to 1 or 2 factories for example)

For energy throttle : the mod can pause your units from building to prevent you from stalling energy. This is useful for ecogame (eg dualgap), but it is a massive annoyance when playing 1v1 and teamgame that aren't focus on economy. If you don't aim to play game focus on economy, I very much advise you to turn the option off.
if you are interested in having a mod only handling you mass fabricator (pausing them to prevent energy stall, without pausing other stuff) you can use the "UI Mass Fab Manager - Auto Fab Manager", download it directly on the vault (downlord client).

For resource sharing : if you have storage and someone needs resources, there will be automatic transfer, and vice-versa. This works only if the 2 players are using ecomanager, and have enable the option.

option to enable/disable are here :
Spoiler: show

Selection Deprioritizer

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9697&p=183840#p180136

This mod allows you to unselect certain units. For example if you select land unit and air unit with a drag selection, it will automatically unselect the air unit, so you can only manage your land unit. This is useful to not suicide air unit while moving your land army at the front. It is also used to unselect certain type of unit, for example T3 mobile artillery are unselected, so they don't get selected when you are managing your land army.
In the case you are using this mod, i advice you to bind a hotkey to select your "air fighter", so you can select them by pressing the hotkey, since trying to select them by drag selection will often result in selecting only the land units.

customize the unit you want deselected : add the units code name, for the units you want deselected, in the file named SelectionDeprioritizer.lua. This file is located in the folder "modules" inside the mod folder. unit code name can be found in the unit database.
The most likely units to be deselected have already been added, you can disable the deselection by removing (or commenting) the units from the file.

Advanced target priorities

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17047#p170652

We introduced, some time ago, the snipe mode which allow you to change the target priorities of your units "on the fly". This is an extremely useful tool but it is limited, since only a few target priorities are hard coded into this hotkey. This mod give you access to a lot more target priorities, that you can even customize. For example, you can ask Battleship to target in priority other battleship; or gunship to target anti-air first. This increase the micro potential for a lot of unit, giving them move order, while still shooting at the good target.
I will give you my modified mod of "advanced target priorities", which includes personal target priorities, but most importantly it allows me to create a hotkey to the "snipe mode" of this mod. Basically you get an hotkey for the snipe mode.

The target priorities with my modified mod :

The hotkey to bind in the f1 menu with my modified mod :

UI Party

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9776

Be careful this mod requires the mod "Common Mod Tools" to be used, you can download here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19207&p=183971#p183971 or directly on the vault (available once again).

It is a bundle of a lot of nice feature to split units into groups easily, to lock unit, putting factories automatically on repeat, etc
you can toggle on/off everything, check the link for more detail.

I am not using it a lot, although the lock feature is useful in case you want to lock a unit on a mission. For example if you are used to spam the "select air fighters" to keep them tight and grouped, then you will cancel the order you gave to 1 of them to chase a bomber. Now you can lock the unit, so it won't get selected while pressing the hotkey, and you can unlock the unit afterward.

The feature for which i use this mod is unit being locked when assisting other unit. You can customize, directly in the files, the unit being affected by this. For example, mobile shields/stealth/land scouts/flak can be locked onto assisting the ACU/tanks. They will be unselected when doing a drag selection. This way, no more aeon scouts suiciding, and ACU will keep his flak/shield near by him. You can still select them, if you drag select only them.

Spread Move

download it directly on the vault (using downlord client).

Last but not least, the spread move.
You bind an hotkey to it. Then for example, you can select 4 scouts, give 4 move orders at the 4 corners of the map, press the hotkey, and each scouts will go to 1 corner.

UI improvement

Ecomanager

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5433#p55035

Be careful this mod requires the mod "Common Mod Tools" to be used, you can download here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19207&p=183971#p183971 or directly on the vault (available once again).

Ecomanager once again. This is a powerful feature, that allows you to easily read your economy.
It indicates the tech level, and upgrade state of your mexes. It also indicates the number of nuke/antinuke stored in the SML/SMD. See the screenshot at the link.

There is a conflict between UI party adornment (UI part) and ecomanager mex tech information. You should use only one of the 2 UI, otherwise a big black box will appear on your map. If it appear in game, just disable the UI mex option, as shown below.

enable/disable the option here :

Idle engineers

download it directly on the vault (using downlord client) or grab the one i am distributing to you.

The version 3 of this mod allows to know what is the tech level of your engineers, and to know if they are idle or not. It also help you spot SCU and if they are idle.
I give you a modified version, reusing the version 2 icon for T1 engie, which is a red "E" on black background. Not the sexiest, but you can very easily spot the idle T1 engies to assign them to a task. In a similar way this version put a "F" over idle/upgrading factories. This modified version also contain a marker to know when ACU is idle.
idle :

not idle :

There is a conflict between UI party adornment (UI part) and idle engineer. You should use only UI party (adornment feature) or idle engineer, to avoid a big black box popping randomly on your game. You can easily fix that in game by changing the state of the engineer (ex : making it not idle anymore)

Supreme score board

detailed info about the mod : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10887#p111237
latest version : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10887&start=180#p183571

This mod improve scoreboard presentation. It is very useful in replay to check reclaim, kill amount, total mass/e etc for each player. It also allow easy transfer of resources/units between players. Although the current scoreboard does now give you information about your allies eco : income, storage and instant drain; using supreme score board will hide these informations.

Better reclaim view

information about the mod : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16240
last version : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16240&start=10#p182741

This mod allow you to spot where are the most chuncky wrecks on the map, by pressing ctrl-shift. It will color and change the size of labels in function of the amount of reclaim in the wreck. It also allows you to know the amount of reclaim on the screen, while pressing ctrl-shift. See pictures in the first link.

Additional Camera Stuff

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11225#p115190

This mod is used to display the build range of engies/ACU over the cursor when selecting them, by pressing either ctrl of shift. This way you can estimate the distance to move the unit before building/reclaim etc
It also allows you to save camera position, so you can play starcraft 2 style, jumping from 1 camera position to another.

to enable/disable the build range :
/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11225#p116022

UI Party

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9776

This mod also give you the ability to know the consumption of your economy for the different production/upgrades on going. This way you can detect what units are using all your resource, and improve your economic management.
I'm not using this feature because I know what units are consuming what, but it can definitely be useful for average joes.

There is a conflict between UI party adornment (UI part) and ecomanager mex tech information and idle engineer. You should use only UI party (adornment feature) or ecomanager mex information and idle engineer.

NoShake

download it directly on the vault (using downlord client)

Remove the shaking from the game. No more shaking when there is a nuke explosion, ACU explosion, T3 arty firing, etc.

5iver Nukem

Shows loaded TML/SML, next to the ACU icon on the right of the screen.

EXTRA

Selection Cost UI

gives you the cost of selected units, useful when watching a replay to compare armies values for example.
gives you the resources being used by the selected units.

Pause replays at time

you type of the timing you want the replay to stop; then you can afk, when you come back the replay will have paused at the time you notified. Useful to review some long replays.

ChatBeep

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16366&p=165371#p165370

Give you a ping sound notification when someone is writing in the chat.

SpecialHotkey

link to the ui mod and download : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14612#p149311

add energy storage to the pgen hotkey.

Kyros Lobby

Information about the mod and installation method : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kyros-lobby
more information on this installation : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17238&start=10#p172252
last version : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=16743&p=172233#p167954

Last but not least, the kyros lobby. It's not a mod, but a modification of the lobby.
It has some bug with some maps, overall it works well. It has a better presentation of teams, it's easier to balance games using it. It also allow you to automatically kick a player from your game for example.

You can find my modified mods right under :
Attachments
EM.zip
(94.18 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
idleEngineers.zip
(54.91 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Advanced target priorities.zip
(21.9 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by keyser on 22 Aug 2020, 18:26, edited 4 times in total.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Re: chef keyser's ui mods recipe

Postby keyser » 06 May 2020, 22:22

updated the list (by adding screenshots and some better explanation) and added the modified mods. Enjoy.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby macdeffy » 06 May 2020, 23:40

To piggy back off this, for those of you who use UI scaling, i've made some changes to some of these mods to work in Higher Scaling. if you only use normal scaling, no reason to download these, unless you want to use ecomanager with built in FAF scoreboard. Zip file includes advanced target priorities, ecomanager, better reclaim, and UI-Party.

Note: my changes to Ecomanager removes the scoreboard data so you can use it with the NEW builtin FAF scoreboard.
I believe this kills the mex throttling and resource sharing ( which i don't personally use), but you can probably just copy over the missing files to bring those back. i only use this for mex upgrading, so no testing done on throttling.

my changes to advanced target priorities does NOT include keyser's changes.

I've think i've almost got Kyro's Lobby working properly ( fixed bug that crashes on some maps, etc) and it works for higher scaling mode too. but it needs more testing, so hopefully i can upload that soon.

if this is not the place to upload this , i'll remove post, but i figured more people would see it here.

as always, back up your mods, not responsible if your computer gets pregnant.
Attachments
updated mods for ui scaling.zip
(164.98 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
macdeffy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: macdeffy

Postby Morax » 07 May 2020, 16:02

This is a really nice write-up. I am in current making videos and demos of several of these, and would very much like your input once I finish them. The goal was to show modification authors good examples of works that help the community, but from a player training resource perspective, this is perfect.

Care to work with me and ensure I give the correct information in each when I finish?

Nice job, keyser!
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby keyser » 07 May 2020, 16:33

sure, we can do that.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Cetea » 09 May 2020, 07:08

Thanks for all your hard work, especially your version of the idle engie mod. I can't seem to find it in your post however, and I'd love to have a play around with it! The idle commander feature in particular would be very useful for me.

EDIT: I'm blind, it's at the end lol
Cetea
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Cetea

Postby keyser » 09 May 2020, 15:11

As it appears that "Common Mod Tools" isn't available on the vault anymore, i'm giving to you here.

Also reuploaded the Ecomanager mod, as it seems it didn't like the rename of the folder. It's called "EM"

Edit : "Common Mod Tools" is unhidden again
Attachments
Common.zip
(33.3 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by keyser on 14 May 2020, 14:15, edited 2 times in total.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby keyser » 12 May 2020, 19:34

so seems like last "common mod tools" version i uploaded wasn't working. Some weird issue with folder name. So i've reuploaded it, this one should work.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Cuddles » 14 May 2020, 10:15

Can one of the admins pin this?
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby speed2 » 14 May 2020, 17:11

Cuddles wrote:Can one of the admins pin this?

But maybe in Mods & Tools instead of General Discussions
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Next

Return to Mods & Tools