UI mass fab manager

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

UI mass fab manager

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 31 Aug 2012, 00:03

This mod is one of the best mods available it is a UI only mod so not everyone needs it. It automatically switches your mass fabs on and off when your energy storage gets above a set percentage. You may think that massfabs are completely useless and nobody should use them. But if you have a surplus of +400 power then 3 T2 massfabs costing 300 mass total can turn that wasted energy into +3 mass. Thats more efficient than a T2 mex!

link to mod
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/supr ... 18138.html
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: UI mass fab manager

Postby Hawkei » 01 Jul 2013, 08:46

Indeed it is. If you build 4 or 6 Fabs, it is a handy eco boost. Considering that you will normally run a power surplus, and your peek power capacity is still avaliable for when you need it.

It is also handy when your allies are running power surplus. Because they will bleed power into your eco. So you can even turn your allies surplus E into mass :)

Futhermore, you will note that in FA and FAF, Mass Fabricators are T2. That means they will give twice the adjacency bonus to land factories, as they had in Vanilla Sup Com. You may find this bonus is greater then the actual mass generated from fabrication - and is awarded even if the fabricator is turned off.

If only people knew. :)
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Zock » 01 Jul 2013, 16:34

Futhermore, you will note that in FA and FAF, Mass Fabricators are T2. That means they will give twice the adjacency bonus to land factories, as they had in Vanilla Sup Com. You may find this bonus is greater then the actual mass generated from fabrication - and is awarded even if the fabricator is turned off.

The tech has nothing to do with the bonus.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Hawkei » 02 Jul 2013, 05:16

Zock wrote:

The tech has nothing to do with the bonus.

Oh, I thought it did. When I place a T2 Pgen next to an Omni, I get double the bonus of T1 Pgen, and double again if it is T3. Perhaps it is to do with size then?
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Bamboocha » 03 Jul 2013, 01:23

The download on the posted link seems to have been removed. Can someone who already has this mod post a new one pls?

Edit: Found a version in the gpgnet vault: http://gpgnet-vault.bathnet.org/mods/, but it doesn't seem to work with either GAZ or hotbuild...
Bamboocha

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Bambo0cha

Postby cogwun » 02 Aug 2013, 03:06

The download on the posted link seems to have been removed. Can someone who already has this mod post a new one pls?

The download worked for me just now. Haven't tested if it works with GAZ or hotbuild yet
cogwun

FAF User Name: cogwun

Postby Krash » 14 Aug 2013, 17:54

I don't think this works with GAZ_UI - either that or I'm doing something wrong.

Does it need to be configured anywhere?
Krash

FAF User Name: Krash

Postby Mycen » 22 Aug 2013, 18:25

Firewall wrote:Oh, I thought it did. When I place a T2 Pgen next to an Omni, I get double the bonus of T1 Pgen, and double again if it is T3. Perhaps it is to do with size then?

Adjacency bonuses do go up with tech, but they're relatively arbitrary values assigned to specific units, (the pgen one is 25%, 50%, 75%, but the fab/mex ones are not) it's not as if moving a unit to a higher tech category will affect its adjacency values.

I downloaded the fab manager that Bamboocha linked to, but how do I use it? The last time I used this mod it installed itself, and I don't see a 'mods' folder in my like the readme mentions. (Plus I fail at computers :( ) I'm just using the regular interface, so it should work, right?
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby AdmiralZeech » 25 Aug 2013, 15:19

Krash wrote:I don't think this works with GAZ_UI - either that or I'm doing something wrong.

Does it need to be configured anywhere?

Hmm, I remember using *some* form of massfab management with my mod.
Ah, here it is:
http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?p=320236
Hopefully there's an archive of the vault somewhere?

It's probably not as advanced as the mod mentioned here, but at least it's tested and working with GAZUI.
AdmiralZeech
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Postby micro2 » 29 Aug 2013, 01:00

Hi.

If you have downloaded the game from steam then you will not have the Mods folder.

go to:

Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

and make a new folder called "Mods"

then extract the files into your new mods folder and all should work.
micro2

Next

Return to Mods & Tools