Disallowed orders from ui side

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Disallowed orders from ui side

Postby HerzogGorky » 14 Feb 2019, 17:10

For the last couple of days i was trying to make a mod which allowed to place a move order on a single hotkey press without changing your current mouse order type.

The only way i found to do that is by using GiveOrders callback from spreadmove.lua. So keeping the functionality of copying orded queue into shadow orders would allow to make a shift-version of that. It works fine when you just try to make simple stuff like walk into a spot where there is a lot of reclaim and shift-click all rocks/trees there. However i quickly realised that GiveOrders cb removes reclaim and a bunch of other orders from a queue. That means it would be impossible to achieve my goal with this mod - quickly and handily creating engineer routes on Setons.

I assume it was done to prevent autoreclaiming bots or smth, but i still wonder if there is a chance this could be revisited by faf team or maybe some workaround be implemented or should i switch to scipts instead(making it as a mod would allow it to be distributed in vault and also may help with my issues from another thread of mine).
HerzogGorky
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: HerzogGorky

Re: Disallowed orders from ui side

Postby Uveso » 14 Feb 2019, 20:27

Movements, targetting, shooting etc are reserved for the sim part of the game.
You can do this with a sim mod. That means everyone in the game needs this mod. (and can use it)

Ui (user interface) mods are only to display things.
Any attempt to do movements etc with a UI mod is considered as cheating.
(And we will change the game code to prevent cheating if necessary)

If you want an example how units can be automated then take a look at my "Ninja Reclaim Drones" (autoreclaim bot) mod:
http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13145
Its a sim mod of course.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Re: Disallowed orders from ui side

Postby Strogo » 15 Feb 2019, 21:29

Yep, don't abuse GiveOrders or you will get banned (it's pretty easy to find such orders in replay using LOG). As for scripts, we don't have special department that looking for such things (like in popular MMOs), so it's on your conscience :)
Strogo

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times
FAF User Name: Strogo

Return to Mods & Tools