Supreme Props

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Supreme Props

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 18 Jan 2019, 21:02

hello again,

the Supreme Props (BUG FIXES & LOD) integration into FAF is almost done. I tested the changes and it works.
But some questions came up (see next post), where I need an answer to progress.

Please take a moment and look at my changes before they make it into github.

The pictures below shows an overview over my workflow - what and why I did it.
And here is an .xls change file, that shows the current vs new bp value column by column (yellow marks changes, pink questions).

FAF - Supreme Props features.JPG
FAF - Supreme Props features.JPG (259.61 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

geyser & mud pod (reclaimable block_path mass_value or not) + model orign off (red current blockd path, yellow optimization).jpg
geyser & mud pod (reclaimable block_path mass_value or not) + model orign off (red current blockd path, yellow optimization).jpg (72.34 KiB) Viewed 3956 times

structures - no reclaim value - 3 props no texture.jpg
structures - no reclaim value - 3 props no texture.jpg (384.78 KiB) Viewed 3955 times

thanks in advance..
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 21 Jan 2019, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 44 times
FAF User Name: svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 20 Jan 2019, 21:58

open questions:

geyser's and mud pot's are currently reclaimable (74 mass)
- should they become unreclaimable to be used more often as map element?
- If so, I will set categorie to 'INVULNERABLE' and mass value to 1 and create and exception for bp creation

the theta bridge is currently unreclaimable but has a mass value of 150
- should it stay a map element (same procedure like above^) or should it be reclaimable?

the origin of some props is off (can be seen on reclaim value icon)
- should I try to fix those as well?

can someone tell me what CollisionOffsetX, CollisionOffsetZ and CollisionOffsetz exactly does?
I thought I can correct a misplaced model origin with that, but its not working like I hoped it would. Seems to do nothing..
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 20 Jan 2019, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Postby speed2 » 20 Jan 2019, 22:02

I think thats moving the collision box
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 20 Jan 2019, 22:05

speed2 wrote:I think thats moving the collision box

is the collision box determined by sizeX,Y,Z?
than my approach should work..
svenni_badbwoi

Postby speed2 » 20 Jan 2019, 22:26

svenni_badbwoi wrote:
speed2 wrote:I think thats moving the collision box

is the collision box determined by sizeX,Y,Z?
than my approach should work..

yes, you can display them with ctrl shift alt c
when cheats are enabled
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 21 Jan 2019, 00:06

thx for the tip!

it workes, but unfortunately its not affecting the blocks area what I was aiming for.
It only seems to be used to break a tree group into single elements.
Does anybody know how I could create an offset for the blocked area (green), to fix misplaced model origins without changing the model itself?

I also found ctrl+alt+o for debugging o grid that shows blocks area (if prop blocks). that helps a lot in finding the culprits ;)

CollisionOffsetXY 20 (blue) + debuggong o grid (green).JPG
CollisionOffsetXY 20 (blue) + debuggong o grid (green).JPG (65.25 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 23 Jan 2019, 01:21

I made a pretty picture with the original prop values to explain my reclaim value changes.

- I like to change the highlighted props (all of them got strange or no value e.g. crystal, faction and structures props)
- "G" set mass from 1 to 38
- crystal mess (yellow): fixed 300 values (already fixed blocked area, had size of huge rock)
- map elements (pink): I like to change the category of "H" and "L" to 'INVULNERABLE', set mass value to 1 and LOD to 3000 (similar to FAF Seraphim II props)

mass_value A / mass_value B

-"mass_value B" are the values I had in mind, but if you think it is too much, we could go with 75 (mass_value A: for A, B, C, E & F) since it would fit the given props as well
-special: "K" to 75 because geothermal theme already has many 175 value props. And if "L" becomes a map elements the theme badly needs a 75 (also helps not buffing "the ditch" so much)
-special: "M" to 112,5 because the crystal theme has no 112,5 and 300 is to much (new value keeps also in line with evergreen rocks of similar size)

NOTE: The applied values match "mass_value A", except "D", special "M" and "map elements"

fixed_reclaim_values.jpg
fixed_reclaim_values.jpg (608.02 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 13 Mar 2019, 00:47, edited 2 times in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 11 Feb 2019, 01:05

I just made the PR for the integration: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2721

BUG & LOD FIXES are integrated like in the original mod.
The reclaim values remain mostly untouched, except I considered them as BUG FIXES. The props I touched reclaim wise are highlighted in the picture, see here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15934&p=171871#p171312 The applied values match "mass_value A", except "D", special "M" and "map elements".

CHANGES:

1) FILE INPUT & FILE FIXES (manual)
- added 234 original FA env "_prop.bp" files to FAF
- replaced '# ' with '-- ' comments
- removed white spaces, tabs to spaces, corrected formatting
- fixed structure in \env\Geothermal\Props\Rocks\GeoRock01_prop.bp
- added new 'Oak01_Group2_LOD2_albedo.dds' to fix shade error!

2) READ ALL CURRENT BP DATA & WRITE CSV (python)
- fix values like SizeZ = .0 --> 0.0
- excluded Seraphim II, marker, emitter and other unsuited props

3) FIXES AND CHANGES IN CSV (manual)
- apply Supreme Props LOD where it was needed
- fix wrong or none LOD 3 (including shadername3 and adapted shadername2 if needed)
- fix SIZE where it is off (too huge block e.g. Crystalline; to small block e.g. Aeon, Cybran & Seraphim ). This also improves the collision boxes (check in game on fa_props map with ctrl+shift+alt+c). Some conflict could not be resolved due to the prop origin not being in the (volume) center
- fix RECLAIM VALUES where it was needed e.g. Structures (had no value), most of broken 300 mass props like small crystals (this allows map maker to use the props more often) and some props that were clearly off. See info and change pic: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15934&start=10#p171312
- NOTE: props needs mass value >0 for footprint and blockpath to work

- TROPICAL single ficus' and palm's remain untouched

4) READ CHANGED BP CSV & OVERRIDE CURRENT PROP BP (python)
- ensure right structure-tree for different prop types (e.g. rock, tree, structures & wreckage have different value requirements)
- fix NUMBER VALUES like ReclaimEnergyMax = "" --> 0
- ensure AUDIO for props that are trees or should behave like those e.g. streetlights, fences behave like UEF counterparts (except Cybran_Fence_prop.bp - too big)
- make remaining props 'RECLAIMABLE' and remove 'SELECTABLE' from Ice_Crystal_01_prop.bp
- ensure COLLISION OFFSET for props that are trees or should behave like those e.g. streetlight, fences (except Cybran_Fence_prop.bp - too big)
- ensure DEFENSE for remaining props
- remove LOD4 from Brch01_prop.bp
- ensure BLOCK PATH (true, false) and FOOTPRINT (OccupancyCaps = 3, OccupancyCaps = 0) if needed. Both are connected and bound to ReclaimMassMax (>= 10 blocks, <10 does not block)
- DO NOT BLOCK PATH for floating or flat props even if mass value is > 10 (only used for ThetaBridge01_prop.bp, Cybran_Dock_prop.bp, UEF_Dock_prop.bp & Seraphim_Car_02_prop.bp)
- made geyser's, mudpot's and theta bridge MAP ELEMENTS (similar to FAF Seraphim II props): Set category to 'INVULNERABLE' (removed 'RECLAIMABLE'), reclaim values to 1 (only to ensure block path if needed) and LOD to 3000
- remove FootprintSizeX/Y => redundant, seems to be replaced by FOOTPRINT (only used in RedRocks\Props\Rock_SM01-7_prop.bp, RedRocks\Props\Rock01-2_prop.bp, Tropical\Props\Rocks\Rock01_prop.bp)
- ensure SCRIPTCLASS & SCRIPTMODULE for all props that are trees or should behave like those e.g. fence, streetlight

Changes as picture to check number of changed props
Spoiler: show
supreme_props_integration_workflow.JPG
supreme_props_integration_workflow.JPG (251.75 KiB) Viewed 3747 times
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 17 Mar 2019, 15:47

post can also be found on github

Dear balance team / interested person,

I prepared the following file to start a discussion about the lovely reclaim value changes. The file displays the changes for each of the 57 props in question and the reason why it should be changed. Pictures are added to get a feel for size ratio.

Feedback - Reclaim Value Changes.xls
Please enter your thoughts and return the file to me (svenni_badbwoi: forum, discord, slack).
Note:
-Changes are marked yellow
-300 mass props are marked pink
-Only use filter, sorting will change the picture order.

These changes are "no cosmetic changes" like LOD! So far the mapping community seems to welcome the changes. The applied values match "mass_value A", except "D", special "M" and "map elements".

I recommend launching the fa_props map to compare all props and themes.

I intend to make the reclaim value of a prop more intuitive and also enable map makers to use all the themes for there maps (e.g. make a crystal map without ending up with mad reclaim values). The general idea is to fix bugged props (different value as props of same size and type) and improve the 300 mass props (most -if not all- of these props seems to be unfinished, because they have a copy&paste bp from the largest rock prop in the game "/Evergreen/Props/Rocks/SeaRock02_prop.bp").

Maybe some prop themes should/could be treated differently, here are some ideas:
1) Props of the faction's and crystalline theme could seen as more valuable compared to rock props. Value could be worth twice as much as props of same size
2) Structures could become map element too. So no value needs to be applied and they simply block path. But its kinda strange, because we are able to reclaim buildings of the same size all day in game.

I'm open for suggestions and look forward to your feedback.
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 12 May 2019, 22:50

Hey, an improved version of the Supreme Props Mod is integrated into FAF 8-)
Here is a quick summary of the prop changes.
GL HF

You can test it on the map FA and FAF Props that contains all currently available props. --> check the vault
Usefull shortcuts are:
  • ctrl+alt+o (display blocked path)
  • ctrl+shift+alt+c (display collision boxes)

Additionally I restored the former reclaim values of the following maps, because the original values got changed due to the Supreme Props integration.

LOD CHANGES
-ensures consistent LOD Cutoff for different prop types and sizes
-improve prop visibility on all maps
-should help preventing 'ctrl-shift' abuse

Rock, Crystal, Ice, Structure, Faction & Wreckage Props
-old LOD Cutoff: 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 1000
  • new LOD cutoff for prop < 10 Mass: 300
  • new LOD cutoff for prop = 10 Mass: 500
  • new LOD cutoff for prop > 10 Mass: 750 --> LOD of 1000 leads to FPS issues if tree groups get broken

Tree, Bush, Log & Fern Props
-old LOD 1 cutoff: 20, 30, 40, 80
-old LOD 2 cutoff: 175, 200, 250, 400
-old LOD 3 cutoff: 700, 750 & 1000
  • new LOD 1 cutoff: 60
  • new LOD 2 cutoff: 200
  • new LOD 3 cutoff: 750 --> LOD of 1000 leads to FPS issues if tree groups get broken

TREE IMPROVEMENTS
-fixes wrong LOD3 for e.g. Tropical Palm & Tundra Pine groups
-integrates formerly unused original files for LOD3 e.g. desert and lava trees
-replaced "Oak01_Group2_LOD2_albedo.dds" to fix shade error
-replaced "lod1.scm" with more detalied "lod0.scm" model for "Manzanita01" --> improves visibility till LOD3 and tree groups no longer missing a small tree in LOD2
-ensure AUDIO for props that are trees or should behave like those e.g. streetlights, fences behave like UEF counterparts -->except "Cybran_Fence_prop.bp" - too big
-ensure SCRIPTCLASS & SCRIPTMODULE for all props that are trees or should behave like those e.g. fence, streetlight
-remove LOD4 from "Brch01_prop.bp" --> it was the only prop with LOD4, all other props have 1, 2 or 3 LOD steps

MIP map improvements/dds changes
-improves tree props that fade out way to early, because the current (last few) MIP maps of the "albedo.dds" don't hold enough information in the alpha channel to be displayed properly --> thx to ozonex for investigating and detecting the MIP map problem
  • Desert: "Manzanita01_s1_albedo.dds"
  • Evergreen: "eg_fern01_albedo.dds", "Brch01_s1_albedo.dds", "Pine07_albedo.dds"
  • Lava: "Dead01_s1_albedo.dds", "LV_Dead01_s1_albedo.dds", "XDead01_s1_albedo.dds"
  • Swamp: "sw_fern01_albedo.dds"

RECLAIM CHANGES & MAP ELEMENTS
-fixes bugs and improves consistency among props of same type and size --> see attached pictures
-makes all props reclaimable (except map elements) --> e.g. small RedRock "Rock_SM" and Tropical "rock01"
-55 props are changed (including 19 map elements)
--> NOTE: prop needs mass value > 0 in order for footprint and blockpath to work correctly e.g. structures theme changes

Map Elements
-19 props become unreclaimable and INVULNERABLE -->"Geysers", "MudPots", "CybranAdjacencyNode" and "ThetaBridge" and all FAF Seraphim II rock props as well as Seraphim II Probe
-LOD cutoff was set to 3000 in order to be displayed continuously
-reclaim values has been set to 1 (energy, mass, time)

Crystalline Theme
--> Fixed size/collision box and reclaim values. This enables us to use these props like in any other theme, without ending up with absurd reclaim values.

Geothermal Theme
--> Mass value of "GeoRock07" now matches other rocks of this size.
--> "Geysers" & "MudPots" become map elements

Redrocks Theme
--> "ThetaBridge" becomes a map element. The behavior stays the same (no blocked path, not reclaimable), but the visible relcaim value was removed.
--> Makes remaining "Rock_SM0X" props reclaimable.

Seraphim II Theme
--> I had to fix almost all sizes/collision boxes, model origins and reclaim values for these props, we need to keep that in mind to improve future prop integrations.
--> All Seraphim II rock props become map elements because of their size (prop still blocks, but visible mass value was removed).

Structures Theme
--> The reclaim values of these props has been set to 1 (energy, mass, time). Mass value was 0 before, but prop needed a mass value >0 for footprint and blockpath to work.

Swamp Theme
--> The reclaim values of "boulder01" now match its type and size.

Factions & Wreckage Theme
--> The reclaim/behavior is now determined by prop size and type.
--> Now every streetlight and fence (except Cybran, prop is too big) behaves like the UEF counterpart.

BLOCK PATH, COLLISION BOX & MODEL ORIGIN FIXES
-many collision boxes got reworked to block the path correctly (area depends on the prop size) --> e.g. crystalline and seraphim theme as well as docks
-ensures Physics > BlockPath --> BlockPath = true, BlockPath = false
-ensures Footprint > OccupancyCaps (not used for tree props) --> OccupancyCaps = 3 (path blocked), OccupancyCaps = 0 (no blocked path)
-BlockPath and OccupancyCaps are connected and bound to ReclaimMassMax --> ReclaimMassMax >= 10 blocks (true, 3), < 10 does not block (false, 0)
-now all props (except trees) with a mass value > = 10 block the path --> e.g. RedRocks, Swamp, Tundra
-removes FootprintSizeX/Y => redundant, seems to be replaced by FOOTPRINT --> only used in "RedRocks\Props\Rock_SM01-7_prop.bp", "RedRocks\Props\Rock01-2_prop.bp", "Tropical\Props\Rocks\Rock01_prop.bp"

Model Origin Fixes
-in order to block the path correctly (fix collision box offset) and display the reclaim value in the props center, the origin was corrected for 56 models --> e.g. Tropical "rock01", Tundra "icerock02"
-excludes "ThetaBridge01" because the origin is way off and all maps containing it, need to be reworked if the origin is changed
-check collision boxes via "ctrl+shift+alt+c"
-check blocked path via "ctrl+alt+o"
--> blocked path is forced to in game grid -> "normal offset"
-see test map

OTHER FIXES
-ensures right structure-tree for different prop types --> e.g. rock, tree, structures & wreckage have different value requirements
-fixed number values like SizeZ = .0 --> 0.0 | "" --> 0
-ensures DEFENSE for remaining props
-improves "HelpText"
-added missing files to "seraphim_streetlight" under "Common" and fixed it so it can be used
-fixed formerly broken blueprint of geothermal "GeoRock01". It can now be used for the first time --> 37,5 mass yummy
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 20 Dec 2019, 17:42, edited 30 times in total.
svenni_badbwoi

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools