Alliance of Heroes Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby Franck83 » 06 Apr 2018, 20:22

Hi Myxir,

Ty for the files. It's a pretty advanced tree feature. I was thinking about making a static jpg techtree because of aesthetics but i will take a look of your dynamic system.

Happy coding and living at you too ;) !
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Franck83 » 13 Apr 2018, 20:04

Tech tree proof of concept.

This is the easiest way i found to build a tech tree.
- Tree conception under libreoffice draw (that was surprising 10 min only of work for this unoptimized visually tech tree) (it seems easy to work on svg file export since libreoffice allows svg export. Theses screenshots are on pixel with low visual quality)
- Export transparence and Ui scale under Gimp / photoshop (so we can take care of low res and 4k screens)
- Add a layout file to the dds tech file with tech slot coordinates and dependency (easy to do with the grid system).
- Link tech data (icon, properties, mass and research point cost, tooltip) to slots.
- Export tech properties on units at dialog close (alliance of heroes mod engine already does this easily).

So, it should be easy to :
- Make unique tech tree per faction
- Make unique tech tree per unit category (like supcom 2 : aircrafts, land units, navals, ACU)
- Add tree deepness (instead of supcom 2, we can make several tiers per tech slot (level 1 to x for each slot)

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Zerzetzung1 » 29 Apr 2018, 09:42

I havent played this mod but i always wanted commander to have more battlefield value in mid and later games. This maybe the solution to it! :mrgreen:

**downloading now
Zerzetzung1
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Hakkapeliitta

Postby Franck83 » 29 Apr 2018, 15:19

It will ! This is the concept of this mod. Fight but Keep your units alive and they become stronger and will have more value.

You can vet it up to level 75 and choose its progression path (dps, defense...).
If you promote your acu to elite, guardian or dreadnought (dreadnought being the coster and stronger), you will be able to improve its armor (it s a real armor, not a flat hp increase), increase it s dps, weapon range and so on...
Promotion will unlock some powers too (theses powers are stronger by increasing intelligence).

A high level and well built ACU (using specializations for example) should kill a monkeylord for example.

Of course, all of this can be done will all units in game.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 06 Jul 2018, 20:49

Major mod update : Alliance of Heroes PRE-ALPHA 58

1. New major very fun feature : Heroes Hall of Fame (bg screen credit : lilSidlil)

This feature add a in game Heroes League. Heroes are inspiring and giving bonuses to units of their layers (air, land or naval).
All heroes in game are in contest. Bonuses amount and nature are changing in real time depending of Heroes, rank, class and type.

2. Logistics points system.

To limit apm use, all players got 12 logistics points they spend by promoting units to heroes. (tech 1 units promoted to heroes use 1 logistic, tech 2 2 logistics and so on...)
This limit heroes crowd. This system is used in Ashes of Singularity RTS game.

3. Ranked Powers

All powers are ranked now, so their efficiency is depending of multiple factors (hero class, intelligence, buff, stances, unit tech...)

4. Smart powers

Heroes powers are now only unlocking depending of around conditions (target, opponents, allies units to heals...). They can be autocasted. AI can cast powers, heals units, promote units...

5. Performance optimizations -> +75% game speed increase since alpha 21.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 27 Jul 2018, 14:09

Hi all commanders,

I'm still working on tech tree and since several people asking about this feature, i can share you a screenshot of current work.

Finally a good solution seems to be a partial dynamic tree (blue, orange and green are sub trees). So we can have a common tree between unit categories (land, air, naval, acu just like in supcom 2) and unique sub trees depending of faction (aeon, cybran...) and unit model.
So the common tree can be developped and we can add some unique feature on unit model. But at the time the unique feature is not developped, we can still keep the common tree.

This is not a full dynamic system but it has enough flexibility and visual convenience.

As you can imagine this is a good piece of work and it is still in conception stage. I'm open minded to all ideas, so you can share some tips and feeling.

1080p with transparency (bg screen credit : lilSidlil)
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 29 Jul 2018, 01:51

New Feature added to Alliance of Heroes :

A challenge power that aggro all enemies from an area to the caster. Tactical power that allows protecting critical targets. Of course enemy can give new orders that override the power.

This feature will be posted in an hour since now on new version of the mod.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby jeanbasile44 » 23 Aug 2018, 17:40

why take a limit for the number of unit , elite - bard gardian , with my friend i prefere play at pre alpha 0.48 because he have not limit of unit , and more please add the option of factory ( ardent , bard , gardian , elite ) at ubc , support en enginer for construct experimental with this bonus without this i play with other mod who ad experimental factory for this , in this maximum level of unit the unit bug and this is imortal but give en take zero damage :o , i play with 26 mods en this is compatible , please ad multi unit ugrade option for ugrade a unit group or structure , ad an option for ad logistic point in battle and with veterancy or battle point ? , this mods is very fun thx just no limit logistic point or ugrad tjis the gameplay with this is so much fun ;) no limit the heart of your mods :p sorry for my english iam french ^^
jeanbasile44

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: jeanbasile33

Postby keyser » 23 Aug 2018, 17:50

you can directly send a message to franck, he is french.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Franck83 » 24 Aug 2018, 11:01

Hi Jean Basile,

I will answer you in french in private message. Here is a global answer.

I understand that putting limit can lead to some frustation. But they are strong reasons for this.

1. About Factories and Logistic points limit : you can use the engineer consolidation factory power too add engineers to a factory buildrate. So you don't need to promote factories anymore.

2. Why a logistic point system to limit heroes crowd ? As you can see there were no limit at the beginning. There are several reasons for this :

- Apm use. You simply can't upgrade all units at the same time. Other Games using heroes feature (ashes of singularity, spellforce 3, Age of mythology...) limit heroes number because you can't micro too much. This is not to restrict fun, but to limit players exploits. I want to put the mod in the competitive scene. No limit = no control and no balance possible. You can look at DOTA like games where you got 1 hero and creeps.

- Performance. Heroes are using individual threads to cast powers, training.... For example, AOE healing and buff features. Imagine 1000 heroes = maybe 3-4000 thread at the same time. So it slows the game too much. The buff system add flags to a unit, and create a thread at the same time. SInce powers can be auto casted, you would have about thousands of heroes in autocasted mod. I recommend to use last mod version for performance optimizations.

- Mod new feature to release. New features like micro AI and tech tree are coming. Since each hero will have more customization options, the apm use will increase.

- Balance. Heroes are extremely powerful. A well build SACU hero with good armor, weapon upgrade and some micro with powers can overtake an experimental. Same with a well built ACU hero. For example, Bards can buff a complete army. If there is no hero limit, the best deal is to promote everything. So it will break the fun experience. It's just like chocolates. They are tasteful, but if you eat too much all the time...

3. About multi-upgrading. Multi promoting can be release i think. But multi-upgrading leads to big dev time. Each class got its own exclusives upgrades features. Ardent got energy and health drain upgrades, Rogue got better range upgrades. Upgrades behaviour are different depending of the class. Health upgrade is stronger on fighter classes than support or ardent one. So It would need a partial mod refine. I prefer to focus on adding cool new features now. But i will keep your suggestion on my to do list.

4. Keep an eye on future mod releases. Some current restrictions will gain a complete sense of logic later.
Franck83
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools