Alliance of Heroes Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby EcoNoob » 30 Jul 2017, 20:54

There are some very interesting ideas here and I appreciate the time you put into it. Though like said before, this mod would require a lot more apm to unit/building/acu upgrading. Isnt there more future for this going closer to the RPG style of playing? Or maybe like how TVG is played atm, where you focus more on vetting/upgrading a few units and attack with those (with lots of micro), while you maintain your original base for ecoing and more expensive strategies, asf aircontrol, nuke, arty, etc. Anyway, keep up the great work!
EcoNoob

Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 70 times
FAF User Name: EcoNoob

Postby Franck83 » 30 Jul 2017, 21:48

here are some very interesting ideas here and I appreciate the time you put into it. Though like said before, this mod would require a lot more apm to unit/building/acu upgrading. Isnt there more future for this going closer to the RPG style of playing? Or maybe like how TVG is played atm, where you focus more on vetting/upgrading a few units and attack with those (with lots of micro), while you maintain your original base for ecoing and more expensive strategies, asf aircontrol, nuke, arty, etc. Anyway, keep up the great work!

I agree and i understand your worry. This mod can be the way to a overbusy gameplay. How to find the time to micro your progression ? That one of this biggest challenge. But maybe there are some smart solutions :

- Templates : you can play this mod against the computer only. I will add an option to record your unit progression. For example, each time you are changing your training priorities, each time you're upgrading, each time you are promoting, i will record the state of the unit at a XP amount. Then we ll save it with a name as a template on a file. So when you are playing against your friend, you can apply this template on your unit and use your secret recipe. So all the progression will follow your recorded path. This will add a lot of interest in play against the computer for studying and building templates. A play against against your friend for testing your template and having a lot of fun. Then going back versus computer to find the right recipe.

- AI : Maybe using a touch of AI on your units to save time for micro. Like in DOTA2, the creeps are attacking in automatic mode. We can use AI on engineers for automatic reclaim, automatic extractor construction, automatic repairing your base, and may be automatic defense building (vs tactical missiles...). So will give some room for the players to plan their strategy.

- Aoe of damage strikes : there will be big area of damage special and ultimate attacks. So the players will have to think before sending huge pack of units. Most of the time, a smart planified attack, with small squads of high skilled units, and good armor or damage resists will be the right solution. That's not hard to do, everything is about balancing the mod between a large number of units or a small well trained group.

- Rewarding micro : there will be a huge amount of micro solutions in battle but the players will use a small part of them most of the time. Don't worry if you are not controlling everything. But sometimes, the player will have his own base destroyed, so he can't eco anymore. He will still have a lot micro options with their remaining units to give their opponents a hard time.

If with all this solutions the gameplay is still too busy, we can add some options like multiply all the unit costs (x8 for example) for a slower game.

If you re thinking at others solutions, share them :) !

In reality, one thing is really worrying me. The time. I've got the ideas, now the skill to make them, but this mod worth a full time development. And i can only use my holidays or my free time to make it real ;).
Last edited by Franck83 on 27 Oct 2017, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby zeroAPM » 31 Jul 2017, 12:15

Desperately needs a guide or user manual explaining and/or documenting the various stuff in the mod. Otherwise great work.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Franck83 » 31 Jul 2017, 13:11

Desperately needs a guide or user manual explaining and/or documenting the various stuff in the mod. Otherwise great work.

True. That's why i start making an comprehensive tooltip help system in game so you will be able to understand easily. After the mod release i plan to realize a complete tutorial video.

Thanks to cookienoob help :), Advanced Aircrafts Tactical Missile chopping down upgrade is possible. I hope you will enjoy this feature for high skilled aircraft pilots.

So now, i'm thinking about making armored missiles :lol: !
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby zeroAPM » 31 Jul 2017, 14:29

Franck83 wrote:After the mod release i plan to realize a complete tutorial video.

I'd prefer a .pdf file. Easier to navigate for quick reference and also needs less video editing. Plus you can print it and doesn't need audio to be understood.
That or a text+image explanation in the Opening Post, mostly for a new user's benefit so he can know what he's getting into before downloading.
-edit
As an example: what do the various stats do? What is the difference between light, medium and heavy armor, what do the classes do (your video only shown the "defensive/support" class and the healing version of it), how to get to a particular class/special class? Etc. etc. etc.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Franck83 » 31 Jul 2017, 15:26

Why not ;)

As an example: what do the various stats do? What is the difference between light, medium and heavy armor, what do the classes do (your video only shown the "defensive/support" class and the healing version of it), how to get to a particular class/special class? Etc. etc. etc.

As it is in dev, the balance has not been realized yet. I plan to make it beta before release so some players with give me the feedback to balance everything. So don't get worried about this now.

For the armor the current system formula for damage absorption is : 100 * (1 - 0.90 ^ (Armorlevel / 10). So having 20 in Armor grants you 19% Damage absorption. Armor contributes to the defense rating too. Light Armor brings you less armor but more defense. You can move faster and dodge easier. Heavy armor have a defense penality but they absorb more damages. So you can do an high defense light armor unit or and heavy armor slow tank unit.

This the function that calculate if a unit dodges or not depending of its attack and defense rating.

Code: Select all
function IsDefenseDodge(self, vector)
   local id = self:GetEntityId()
   local PercentToBeHit = 5
   local AttackRating = math.max(DM.GetProperty(id, 'CumulAttackRating'), 65)
   local DefenseRating = GetDefenseRating(self) or 0
   if DefenseRating > AttackRating then
      PercentToBeHit = 50 - math.ceil(math.pow(DefenseRating - AttackRating, 0.68))
   elseif DefenseRating < AttackRating then
      PercentToBeHit = 50 + math.ceil(math.pow(AttackRating - DefenseRating,0.68) * (2.5 * AttackRating / (DefenseRating + AttackRating + 0.01)))
   else
      PercentToBeHit = 50
   end
   PercentToBeHit = math.max(PercentToBeHit, 0)
   PercentToBeHit = math.min(PercentToBeHit, 100)
   return (math.random(0,100) > PercentToBeHit), PercentToBeHit
end

I'm not following an hidden path for game mechanics, i'm bringing current existing game mechanics model to supcom (one of if not the best model -> http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... p/Formulas). Game creator share most of the time similar game mechanics model between games.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 31 Jul 2017, 21:53

At higher level, Aircrafts may be upgraded with limited missiles ammunitions for special ground attacks missions .

That can be done (not yet). Then we can send back the unit to factory or aircrafts stage for rearm. It's possible to equip aircrafts with any kind of missiles type that can be build in the factory. Because it's possible to edit missiles stats on the fly to make a good missile gameplay.

The idea is to give high level and high skilled units a more complete role.

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby CSI » 01 Aug 2017, 14:56

Enorme ce mod félicitations mec
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby Franck83 » 10 Aug 2017, 20:48

Un français :)))) !

This is a new feature : Weapon upgrades (with procedural generation).

This was not so easy to do, since there are a lot of weapons categories. I needed to match the upgrades with theses categories (for example, rate of fire don't work on missiles). The Dialog UI interface was very hard to do since functions are capped to 32 upvalues (objects, variables...).

So now you can upgrade the weapons of any kind of military unit (aircrafts and naval of course too), point of defense, tactical defense...

Weapons have been proceduraly generated (it can be done at the beginning or in game too. Params can be adjusted by for higher quality stats and/or better diversity stats...). Did it here for 120 weapons upgrades (different stats and dropping chances depending of the unit class and the weapon types).

The goal is not that your units must be upgraded in mass. But veterancy and level up will make upgrades more and more interesting. So focus some upgrades on your strong units only.

Screenshot :

Better in depth video :

Hope you will enjoy :)

Weapon procedural is DEPRECATED now.
Last edited by Franck83 on 09 Nov 2017, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 09 Nov 2017, 17:33

Hi all FAF citizens,

The new template system is working now ! (Ty Myxir and Uveso for having answered my questions ;) )

The old weapon upgrade system is deprecated for a friendly apm, simpler one. Now we have more control and more depth on the upgrades.
The unit must promote before being able to upgrade (which have a mass/energy cost). So just little mouse clicks can be spent on a small number of units.

Screenshot :

Video :

The only thing to add is a upgrade timer (a cool thing is that the value can increase of how the unit is far away from its base).

I hope you will enjoy the changes. Feel free for feedback !
Franck83
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools