Alliance of Heroes Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby Franck83 » 27 Jul 2017, 00:31

This mod Introduces an RPG advanced veterancy, upgrade system for armors and weapons and cooperative powers.
This will make FA a hybrid RPG/RTS game.

More than 16K lines of code !
Most of powers can be casted on allies : enjoy some cool cooperative games :) !

Download complete mod manual (PRE-ALPHA 137)

Research tech for your all your units ! (please note that you need to build a research center and enter in !)

Upgrade your heroes !

Cast powers !

Buff your eco !

Use armors smartly !

Customize your heroes training path !

It's in the Mod Vault ! 'Alliance Of Heroes PRE-ALPHA'

Multi Games : CHECK THAT ALL PLAYERS GOT THE SAME MOD VERSION UNLESS DESYNC GAMES OCCURS !!

In case of desyncs :
1. Use the last downlord client version.
2. each player need to erase all their local mods & maps, download the last mod version.

In brainstorming:
In dev: !
- Ui improvements

Current Mod Version PRE-ALPHA 178

Known issues :
- logistics points upgrade need to be unlocked.

Thanks all the Forged Alliance Forever community for its help and support especially Myxir (critical help for using massive custom data tables needed for the mod, UI / sim data connections), Anihilnine for all suggestions and ui tips, Domino and Resin smoker (i studied a lot their mods !), Exotic retard, Keyblue, Uveso, CookieNoob, speed2 for answering my technical questions and all the others for their interest in the mod !
Last edited by Franck83 on 23 Jul 2019, 13:10, edited 200 times in total.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Re: Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby Franck83 » 27 Jul 2017, 16:35

As many on this forum would like to have this feature, it works now : Range bonus against below units.

As you can imagine, this have a huge impact on the gameplay because it adds strengh to hill positions. It can add a huge amount of epicness on defense against naval strikes.

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Brutus5000 » 29 Jul 2017, 00:27

What you have achieved here is huge. This changes the whole game to a complete new level.
Would love to see a Mech Marine of Doom :)

The required apm for this must be incredible high. Please keep that in mind, if you add even more content. Maybe the game is better playable with a lower unit count? Maybe increase build times?
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby Franck83 » 29 Jul 2017, 01:49

Thanks for your support Brutus, it's really appreciated, mod developping is a hard work and any support from the community give motivation, which is the main work fuel :)

The required apm for this must be incredible high. Please keep that in mind, if you add even more content. Maybe the game is better playable with a lower unit count? Maybe increase build times?

You are totaly right. Although my goal is to not break all the current game mechanics. So the first 5 minutes gameplay should be kept unchanged from actual. So all the time the players invested in their gameplay skills will be still as precious as before. I think it's about respect for the time they spend on developping their skills. It's respect too for the game creators to build on what their did and not funding a new statement.
So the goal : keep all that is good on this game, and open doors. It doesn't mean that we will enter this door, but we will have an option.

The biggest problem you are talking about is what i m thinking since one year : how can players will be able to micro their unit progression and at the same time keeping their original strategies ? You gave the key and i'm happy that you are coming to the same conclusion : we can do it by changing some rigidity about numbers...

I spend a lot of time watching top players replays (i must have seen about 30+ replays from 1600+ players on seton clush map). I see that players are building a huge numbers of Tech 1 engineers, because it worth for the win. I think that we can have upgrades, technologies, skills to increase build rate in factories so all this time micro management and CPU consuming power can be save. It does not mean necessary that because we have an upgrade available, it must be so easy to do it. Maybe we can spend a part of the factory building rate in increasing its level. So we can acheive the same result of the tech 1 engineer strategy, at the same timing, without the negative counterparts of having 500+ tech 1 engineers burning our CPU power and connection speed.

The same strategy can be done with making 200+ highair aircrafts strikes. We can spend the same amount of mass needed in building 200+ aircrafts forces in making a high skilled small squad aircraft force. Investing the same amount of mass in training pilots in an aircraft school. We may say, is it possible ? yes, it's possible and not so hard to do.

One of the main reproach that have been done to supreme commander is the lack of of charism and a certain amount of coldness (Starcraft 2 has this charism). It's because we build huge amount of units and send then to death with no affective. We can add charism and humanity with mod.

I'm totaly open minded on what we can do. I think that FA with the creative lua potential given to modding and the CPU power available has the potentiel to be the deepest tactical and strategy game of this generation.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby nine2 » 29 Jul 2017, 09:28

this is great
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby PhilipJFry » 29 Jul 2017, 09:32

considering you had no coding experience this is just amazing
congratulations for coming this far and i hope you achieve the goals you've set yourself for this mod!
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Franck83 » 29 Jul 2017, 10:21

Cookie Noob asked on the youtube channel if the weapon range circle was linked to the range bonus modification. It does now !

Although there is a little more work to do, since the ui should be done for every weapon. Because each weapon has its own target and tracking (if the unit has several weapons). So the weapon range bonuses may be different for each weapon since the targets may not be the same.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 29 Jul 2017, 17:55

This is a new feature that i hope you will love a lot : Engineer Consolidation

Are you tired of huge bunch of tech 1 engineers that are populating and congesting your base ? You wanna play faster games and save some of your CPU power ? You may love the Engineer Consolidation feature :) .

It adds the building power of your tech 1, 2 and 3 engineers to your factory without breaking your gameplay eco strategy. See the video below for a deep description of its advantages.

Please note that although what i said in the video, there is no penality to up your factory to tech 2 or 3 anymore. And the ui is modified so you can adjust your factory building rate more friendly. (ty to Keyblue for the feedback)
Last edited by Franck83 on 29 Jul 2017, 23:57, edited 4 times in total.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby KeyBlue » 29 Jul 2017, 20:15

Franck83 wrote:This is a new feature that i hope you will love a lot : Engineer Consolidation

Nice feature.
Could you make it so you can set the total bp used? (so you could set it to below the base factory bp value)
So you can set the total bp used instead of the total bonus used? Since in your method, you need to remember all base bp values for each factory (or some calculations) to know what the total bp used will be with after you adjusted it.
And maybe make it a slider instead of a text input? I think that would be a lot more user friendly. No need for number calculations if you just want 50%.

I think having the bonus dissapear after upgrade is a little too punishing.
What about using the maximum value of the current bp or the new factories bp as the new factories total bp after upgrading?
So you don't downgrade after an upgrade.

example
current bp : 30 (10 + 20) , upgraded factory base bp : 20 -> bp after upgrade : 30 (20 + 10)
current bp : 30 (10 + 20) , upgraded factory base bp : 50 -> bp after upgrade : 50 (50+ 0)
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby Franck83 » 29 Jul 2017, 23:43

Ty a lot Keyblue for your feedback.

So you can set the total bp used instead of the total bonus used?

Fixed ! Yes, the formula must take care of the mod other features too (building rate skill, temp building rate buff). But it works ;) !

And maybe make it a slider instead of a text input? I think that would be a lot more user friendly. No need for number calculations if you just want 50%.

Fixed too ! You're totaly right :) .

I think having the bonus dissapear after upgrade is a little too punishing.

Fixed again, finally, i didn't put any penalities from upgrading Tech 1 to Tech 2 or 3. So we are keeping all the bonuses. I don't want to make the Engineer Consolidation bonus to be eco-disadvantageous.
Franck83
Evaluator

Next

Return to Mods & Tools