New Mod: UI Festival

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

New Mod: UI Festival

Postby b2ag » 06 Apr 2017, 02:49

Hello there,

I've a primary monitor right of my secondary screen setup since some days. That was my motivation to hack the well known UI Party mod into supporting it. Something I dislike about the existing mod is the huge amount of different UI modding features put into a single mod. These should be spread out into multiple mods. So I removed everything which was not directly split screen related, made it fit my needs and renamed the mod. I also put in features I don't use but found easy to implement.

So I've created UI Festival.

The basic features are
- configurable UI Element positions, so that also people with left screen primary setup can enjoy this mod
- ability to split the screen at configurable ratio and per side configurable top/bottom margins for people with unequal screen heights
- ability to make most of other split screen unaware mods use right side as primary rendering surface
- works with coop missions

This mod should work alongside UI Party, but I didn't test it.
Also I have no ambitions to upload the mod to mod vault, because I don't want to maintain it for others than myself :oops:
So consider the code free to use and put it into the map vault and/or integrate it into UI Party ;)

Screenshot:
Another screenshot:

Sources:
https://github.com/b2ag/ui-festival

Have fun!
b2ag
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: b2ag

Re: New Mod: UI Festival

Postby nine2 » 06 Apr 2017, 16:20

Cute :) welcome to the world of making the world a better place with as little effort as possible. I'm going to tease you in a second but just quickly - I'm glad you made this.

These should be spread out into multiple mods.

says the guy who couldn't be bothered uploading one mod :)

UI Festival

but you do much less! this should be UI Gathering.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby b2ag » 06 Apr 2017, 22:57

Anihilnine wrote:UI Festival - but you do much less!

Yeah, the Irony :)
b2ag
Crusader

Postby cel00 » 17 Apr 2017, 18:06

For me it always crash on transitscreen (deactivate all other UI mods)
Someone know why?

Spoiler: show
Callstack:
Unknown symbol (address 0x008d462c)

Last 100 lines of log...

warning: [C]: in function `pcall'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning: ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(941): in main chunk
warning: [C]: in function `doscript'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning: ...a\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning: ...lliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(127): in function `OnSync'
warning: [string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/mods/ui-festival/modules/main.lua'
warning: stack traceback:
warning: [C]: in function `error'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(941): in main chunk
warning: ...a\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning: ...lliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(127): in function `OnSync'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/economy.lua'
warning: Error running lua command: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(127): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/missiontext.lua'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `error'
...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\usersync.lua(127): in function `OnSync'
[string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua\000'
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/ui-festival-master/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/common/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
warning: Alt-B is already bind
warning: Alt-D is already bind
warning: Shift-G is already bind
warning: Alt-V is already bind
warning: Alt-T is already bind
warning: Alt-W is already bind
warning: Alt-N is already bind
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/ui-festival/modules/main.lua\000'
warning: Unable to find file /mods/ui-festival/modules/main.lua
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/mods/ui-festival/modules/main.lua'
warning: Error importing /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:
Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `error'
...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Postby b2ag » 18 Apr 2017, 19:19

cel00 wrote:Someone know why?

It looks like the mod is in the wrong place or something. Should have added some more information for installing it :D

Mod should be copied to "My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/Mods/ui-festival/"
Think of "\" for "/" if you have Windows.
b2ag
Crusader

Postby cel00 » 18 Apr 2017, 23:23

b2ag wrote:
cel00 wrote:Someone know why?

It looks like the mod is in the wrong place or something. Should have added some more information for installing it :D

Mod should be copied to "My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/Mods/ui-festival/"
Think of "\" for "/" if you have Windows.

I know how to install mods, so thats sadly not the solution.
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Postby nine2 » 18 Apr 2017, 23:28

Remake the mod folder to "ui-festival"
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby cel00 » 18 Apr 2017, 23:44

Anihilnine wrote:Remake the mod folder to "ui-festival"

Wow, now I can spawn, but if I try to resize the Window the game window goes black, but it still runs (sounds) :/
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Postby b2ag » 18 Apr 2017, 23:59

Seems like I broke resize of window. Very possible I did this with some of the last changes. Sorry. I will create a issue on github to keep this issue tracked...

EDIT:
I actually can't reproduce this. I had an error when switching from fullscreen to windowed. Remember my fullscreen is emulated and spawns both screens. But after restarting the game resizing the window worked fine, until I dropped under some magic minimal size for the left view and the right view was only 1 or 0 pixels wide. Did you only resize the window and everything instantaneously went black?
b2ag
Crusader

Postby cel00 » 23 Apr 2017, 19:03

b2ag wrote:Did you only resize the window and everything instantaneously went black?

Yes but for some reasons it works now. O.o
May be a dumb question, but how you managed that on both screens the game is filled even though both have different sizes?

Because of the size difference I always see the desktop on one screen.
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Next

Return to Mods & Tools