New Mod: UI Festival

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New Mod: UI Festival

Postby MrNukealizer » 24 Apr 2017, 00:17

b2ag wrote:- ability to split the screen at configurable ratio and per side configurable top/bottom margins for people with unequal screen heights

Aww yeah! If that works correctly I'm going to be so happy! I've always wanted dual screen mode to work but it doesn't with my setup and I have different-sized screens so using normal split view wasn't a very good option.

Edit: Yes, it does work and it's great. My only real issue is that the settings menu will only display on the left screen and it doesn't respect the top offset. Since my left screen is smaller and lower than the right, it cuts off the top half of the settings window and I had to edit the settings in Game.prefs instead.

cel00 wrote:May be a dumb question, but how you managed that on both screens the game is filled even though both have different sizes?

Because of the size difference I always see the desktop on one screen.

I can't tell how you're handling the window position and size, but that's the problem. You need to make the window taller so that it can fill the right screen, then use the bottom offset so everything fits on the left side. That will unfortunately mean the window extends over/behind the taskbar on the left screen. You could also go to Display settings in Windows and align the bottoms of the screens, but I'm sure you have them arranged that way for a reason.
MrNukealizer
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: MrNukealizer

Postby cel00 » 24 Apr 2017, 15:15

MrNukealizer wrote:
I can't tell how you're handling the window position and size, but that's the problem. You need to make the window taller so that it can fill the right screen, then use the bottom offset so everything fits on the left side. That will unfortunately mean the window extends over/behind the taskbar on the left screen. You could also go to Display settings in Windows and align the bottoms of the screens, but I'm sure you have them arranged that way for a reason.

That's the problem because of the taskbar I can't drag the window more down and if I do so on the other screen than on the first screen the upper half is gone because the second screen is not that high :/
So no matter where I drag it, I always end up with a half empty screen on one of them.
「あなたが楽しめることを何なりと。マイマスター」
cel00
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: BlueCybrans

Postby MrNukealizer » 24 Apr 2017, 22:04

You can set FA to open in a specific size and position, but sofware such as Borderless Gaming can do it better. To change the game's setting open
Code: Select all
%AppData%\Local\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Game.prefs
in a text editor and look for the Windows section. There should be an entry for Main, where you can add 195 to the height.
MrNukealizer
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: MrNukealizer

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools