Veterename - rename your veteran units

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Veterename - rename your veteran units

Postby Cobrand » 31 Dec 2015, 03:21

Hello,
I made a mod some years ago that automatically renames with custom names veteran units. At the time I did it mostly for myself but I wanted to share, so here you go.

It also modifies the name of your commander if you have enough kills. (you can change that in autorename.lua)

Modify all the names in tables.lua if you want to use your own. I made a very small name pool for you guys, it's up to you to update it !

Unzip this folder in your mod folder to make it work. Feel free to ask if you have any question. If you want to customize it and release an enhanced version go ahead, you have my permission to do the f*** you want my this mod.

Cheers
Attachments
Veterename.zip
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Cobrand
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Veterename - rename your veteran units

Postby Myxir » 31 Dec 2015, 10:13

nice one, just about one year too late though - sheeo already uploaded a similar mod to the vault a while ago
thanks for sharing anyway :)
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby Cobrand » 31 Dec 2015, 12:25

I have tested his mod and this is very different. Sheeo s mod renames every single unit in the game, it quickly becomes a mess with all these names. This mod only renames veteran units, so maybe one in a hundred T1 will be renamed in your army after a fight.

By the way, is the vault broken ? I uploaded my mod to the vault but I can't see it
Cobrand
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Myxir » 31 Dec 2015, 12:30

Cobrand wrote:Sheeo s mod renames every single unit in the game, it quickly becomes a mess with all these names.

completely agree with that one, certainly a reason why it's quite rarely used

for the vault, you need to press the search button, it only ever displays the 100 most liked mods otherwise
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Return to Mods & Tools