DualScreen Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

DualScreen Mod

Postby CodingSquirrel » 07 Jun 2015, 20:43

NOTICE: You must use version 3 or above with patch 3641. Previous versions of DualScreen do not work with 3641.

Inspired by partytime's mod Party UI, I decided to try my hand at optimising the game's UI for using splitscreen. The Party UI mod does a good job of this, but I wasn't looking for the other features that went along with it and the layout changes felt too incomplete for me (sorry partytime). I wanted the same experience in split screen that I would get if I used the native dual screen functionality (that just so happens to cause tons of crashes).

This mod will cause the game to automatically switch to split screen mode when you start a game, and that's about it. It manages the UI so any time you enable or disable the split screen mode it will automatically adjust the UI to match (including hotbuild). You can choose which monitor your UI appears on by typing /leftMonitor or /rightmonitor into chat. You can toggle whether the game will automatically switch to split screen mode by typing /enableAutoSplit or /disableAutoSplit into chat.

The latest version is DualScreen V4 DualScreen V5 in the mod vault. You can also find the source on github here https://github.com/CodingSquirrel/DualScreen

To get a true dual screen experience combine this with tatsu's script here. In particular look at the script I posted, which due to the WinRestore call will make it windowed borderless across both screens.

Limitations: I don't know how to fix an issue where if you have the right monitor selected, then it will zoom in on the left until the UI comes up, where it will just swap the two cameras. Also, I wasn't able to fix the non in-game interfaces, such as options and main menus. I may revisit this later if I find a good way to do it.

Last edited by CodingSquirrel on 03 Feb 2016, 06:19, edited 5 times in total.
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Re: DualScreen Mod

Postby nine2 » 08 Jun 2015, 01:46

You are welcome to actually make this part of Party UI. It's on github. But a standalone mod is cool as well ... im glad your doing this. Good job
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby CodingSquirrel » 10 Jun 2015, 17:34

Thanks. The mod was originally more for myself than anything, and so I'm a bit too lazy to merge the code. I may do it if I ever decide to pick it up again for fixing the main menus. You're certainly welcome to put my code into yours if you'd like.
CodingSquirrel

Postby CodingSquirrel » 12 Jul 2015, 20:07

Updated to version 3 to fix incompatibility caused by 3641.
CodingSquirrel

Postby CodingSquirrel » 09 Aug 2015, 07:05

Updated to V4. The mod now moves all in-game menus to the correct side of the screen (that I could find and test), instead of placing them down the middle. This includes the options, save, load menus, etc.

The lobby and main menu stuff is unchanged however. I'd have to figure out how to get the mod to initialize before getting into a game to get that to work as well.
Last edited by CodingSquirrel on 13 Aug 2015, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
CodingSquirrel

Postby nine2 » 09 Aug 2015, 09:34

quite sure you can't affect lobby and main - you would need to integrate your mod into FAF itself for that.

and i hope you do
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Androish » 13 Aug 2015, 21:50

Bug report regarding the latest version(the one that fixes ingame menus). It makes the lost connection screen not appear.

I reverted back to the older version it still works :)
Androish

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Androish

Postby CodingSquirrel » 13 Aug 2015, 21:53

Androish wrote:Bug report regarding the latest version(the one that fixes ingame menus). It makes the lost connection screen not appear.

I reverted back to the older version it still works :)

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what happened.
CodingSquirrel

Postby CodingSquirrel » 14 Aug 2015, 02:46

I've uploaded version 5 to the mod vault with a fix to the disconnect dialog.

I've also put my code up on github. You can find it here https://github.com/CodingSquirrel/DualScreen
CodingSquirrel

Postby Frozen_byte » 20 Aug 2015, 15:30

Now you just need to make the Lobby worth to have a DualScreen ;)
~¿Quis custodes custodit?~
Frozen_byte

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 22 times
FAF User Name: Frozen_byte

Next

Return to Mods & Tools