Speed School of FAF

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Speed School of FAF

Postby speed2 » 18 Feb 2015, 14:40

macharal wrote:Reposting this from the replay analysis thread, where it kind of got ignored. I Hope you can shed some light on my issues, speed.

Would appreciate some advice on this replay.

Specific questions:
1) Was it a good move from me to deny him the expansion early on or would I have been better off playing defensively? Did the reclaim i left there only help him and hurt me in the long term?
2) Was the game already lost when I couldn't secure the reclaim of my first few fallen Harbingers? If so, what should I have done with them rather than charge into his expansion?
3) In the final fight should I have left my ACU there and tried to overcharge the Ytotha? How could I have handled that engagement better in general, if I could at all?
4) Any comments on my strategy/little things?

Thanks

speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Discomfort » 22 Feb 2015, 02:37

Hi, I had a game that i drew, but I'm not sure how i was outplayed. Can you take a look at it for me? 3124622
Discomfort

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Discomfort

Postby speed2 » 22 Feb 2015, 14:22

Discomfort wrote:Hi, I had a game that i drew, but I'm not sure how i was outplayed. Can you take a look at it for me? 3124622

Hey, the replay from vault is corrupted, can you post your local replay?
speed2
Contributor

Postby Mot » 22 Feb 2015, 22:00

Replay-ID: 3128250

Hitting the roof of what I can do more and more in ladder vs equally or higher ranked players.
Would welcome generall pointers on nonos and hints on my play and some hints regarding the match Aoen vs Seraphim.
Often a problem for me: getting initial combat units massed, lack of engies, mobile units vs pd and lategame vs turtle.
Mot

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: MayorDamage

Postby Discomfort » 23 Feb 2015, 18:03

speed2 wrote:
Discomfort wrote:Hi, I had a game that i drew, but I'm not sure how i was outplayed. Can you take a look at it for me? 3124622

Attached
Attachments
3124622-Discomfort.fafreplay
(43.55 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Discomfort

FAF User Name: Discomfort

Postby GuardianH27 » 25 Feb 2015, 03:49

Hello!

After a while and following your advice my game has improved a lot speed. Take a look at this game, though I ain't perfect yet.

The problem is my mid/late game build. I just need you to point the way and I'll be off to be a force to be reckoned with!
Attachments
3136987-GuardianH27.fafreplay
(198.26 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
GuardianH27

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: GuardianH27

Postby speed2 » 25 Feb 2015, 19:27

Mot wrote:Replay-ID: 3128250

Hitting the roof of what I can do more and more in ladder vs equally or higher ranked players.
Would welcome generall pointers on nonos and hints on my play and some hints regarding the match Aoen vs Seraphim.
Often a problem for me: getting initial combat units massed, lack of engies, mobile units vs pd and lategame vs turtle.

Discomfort wrote:
speed2 wrote:

Attached

GuardianH27 wrote:Hello!

After a while and following your advice my game has improved a lot speed. Take a look at this game, though I ain't perfect yet.

The problem is my mid/late game build. I just need you to point the way and I'll be off to be a force to be reckoned with!

Im sorry I cant do setons replays, my CPU is too bad for it.
speed2
Contributor

Postby Franzibald » 28 Feb 2015, 15:52

Hey speed2,

I was wondering if you wanted to take a look at this replay: 3148980 Franzibald versus clystere

Basic problem is that I suffer from a general lack of APM and attention:
- Made a gun upgrade and forgot about it, probably could've killed his com with it even
- Made T3 Land and forgot about it for a while

However, a specific issue I ran into this game was running into PD's with Cybran T2 and often losing Medusa's before I reach the PD's. Not sure how to fix that if I don't have the micro skills to keep the Medusa's alive or constantly adjust build orders to build more.

Much appreciated.
Franzibald

FAF User Name: Franzibald

Postby Explosive » 13 Mar 2015, 22:00

can U please look on my replay on setons back position, this was with sparkys drop but enemy com always walks away, ive saw some casts for this map but i dont knew what to do better
chrisx1952
Attachments
setons rock.SCFAReplay
replay id :3200050
(4 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Explosive
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: chrisx1952

Postby speed2 » 13 Mar 2015, 23:06

Franzibald wrote:Hey speed2,

I was wondering if you wanted to take a look at this replay: 3148980 Franzibald versus clystere

Basic problem is that I suffer from a general lack of APM and attention:
- Made a gun upgrade and forgot about it, probably could've killed his com with it even
- Made T3 Land and forgot about it for a while

However, a specific issue I ran into this game was running into PD's with Cybran T2 and often losing Medusa's before I reach the PD's. Not sure how to fix that if I don't have the micro skills to keep the Medusa's alive or constantly adjust build orders to build more.

Much appreciated.

Im sorry for the delay, I got sick and cant really talk, but I will do it as soon as I can.

chrisx1952 wrote:can U please look on my replay on setons back position, this was with sparkys drop but enemy com always walks away, ive saw some casts for this map but i dont knew what to do better
chrisx1952

I cant do setons replays, my CPU is too weak for that. Try Replay Analysis Thread /viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3936 someone with setons-proof CPU will help you there.
speed2
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Help