Zock Lessons

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Zock Lessons

Postby Zock » 10 Jun 2014, 22:15

I did pause my Lessons for a while for personal reasons, but i will offer them again now. Contact me in FAF or here per pm if you are interested. Discuss in the thread why it's a condemnable offer, or any kind of feedback and questions.

FAQ:

• For whom are these Lessons destined?
    For everyone who wants to get better at the game, and is not aversed to spent money for it. There are no other requirements, you can have -500 or 2000 rating, play since the SupCom Vanilla Beta, or just discovered this game. The only thing you must bring is the motivation to improve, as i can only help you doing so, but not replace it.
    Little edit here: I lied. :( You do also need a microphone and skype.

• Er..so you charge for them?
    Yes. The default price is 15€/hour, discount deals are negotiable for regular students.

• That is too much! You are a greedy heartless person, trying to abuse the helpless FAF community!
    I am sorry. It is only a small amount for me. Money has different value in different countries or cities. In comparison, my violin lessons did cost 50€ per hour. (years ago, propably even more expensive today :? ) Some people voices their opinion that it is unfair to charge for a service that should be free in a community that supports each other, but without the revenue, i wouldn't have time to give lessons at all. And it is easy to forget that also the personal trainer team doesn't spend as much time with it as i do.

• How does such a lesson look like?
    Here is a playlist with some lessons i uploaded to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... HMnTzDJ810

Here is the most recent one:

• Why would anyone waste money for getting better at a game, that's just stupid
    There are many ways to spend money, and you can call most of them a waste with better or worse reasoning. In my humble opinion, many people, myself included, spend or did spend money on many things more wastefully (and perfectly socially accepted) then to improve at something they enjoy, which is not only fun to most people itself, but also satisfying in the result.

Now that doesn't mean everyone should get my lessons. Players who have fun with the game without the urge to improve, would be wasting their money indeed.
    And also most players who do want to improve, propably want to do it on their own or with the help of people who do it for free, like the trainer team.
    But there are also people who don't mind paying some money for the game they love, and i don't see anything objectionable in that.

• So why should i choose your lessons over the free ones from the trainer team?
    TL:DR: I have the impression i take the lessons more seriously (which is not suprising as they do it for free), and at least i got told i am a good teacher. I try to not only tell how the game should be played, but see it from the perspective from the student and what would be most beneficial to him or her, and how information should be presented best. And why would you want to have a lesson from anyone else, if you can get one from Zock? :D
Last edited by Zock on 25 Mar 2016, 12:23, edited 5 times in total.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Re: Zock Lessons

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 10 Jun 2014, 22:42

I'll take some lessons
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Postby nine2 » 11 Jun 2014, 02:44

I'll pay 10 to see TA's lesson
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby rootbeer23 » 11 Jun 2014, 03:01

i pay you 5 to see you watch it.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Lame » 11 Jun 2014, 03:53

i pay 20 if you give him bad lessons
Lame
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: Lame

Postby gnatinator » 11 Jun 2014, 05:03

I'll pay 10 to see TA's lesson
Economy for New Players | LAN Party List supports the FAF community.
gnatinator

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: gnatinator

Postby nine2 » 11 Jun 2014, 06:55

I'll take 2 for gnatinator watching TA's lesson
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby manread » 11 Jun 2014, 07:22

As someone who has taken a few of Zocks lessons, they are well worth the 15 euros an hour, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now without his lessons
manread

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: manread

Postby Blodir » 11 Jun 2014, 14:06

Zock is the best, take his lessons everyone)
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Vee » 11 Jun 2014, 18:59

I recommend his lessons. Looks like recorded videos may be more in demand than the lessons themselves though, maybe you should make tutorials and charge for that ;-)
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Next

Return to Help