Help! I'm new!

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Problem with extracting

Postby megapwnd » 06 Jul 2012, 12:23

Hi. Where should i extract the files from the map pack coz when i open my games\gas powered games\ forged alliance i only see replays and savegame section and no maps section :(?
megapwnd

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: megapwnd

Re: Help! I'm new!

Postby uberge3k » 06 Jul 2012, 18:41

Simply create a new folder with the name "Maps". :)
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Basil_pup » 22 Jul 2012, 22:05

Hello ! I have one question about terraforming. I just read about banned exploits\bugs with that terraforming , but where I can find it in the game ? :roll:
Basil_pup

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Jul 2012, 22:09

Don't try to find what this is about, it's banned.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby GuardPatroller » 24 Jul 2012, 17:47

Hello everyone, I'm new to FAF but I've been playing FA for a short while until I broke my computer. Got a job and wrote a book and hopefully buy a new one asap. Maybe some of you recognize me from GPGnet? (Hey Über and everyone, lol)

I just wanted to ask, how does that 6v6 12 player stuff work? Does it modify your game so that on a trip you can play with 11 AI (if you get a great computer) without being online?

Oh, and I'm on a netbook, so I won't be able to do anything.
GuardPatroller
Crusader

FAF User Name: TechnoGuard

Postby SeraphimLeftNut » 24 Jul 2012, 18:19

There were some really good improvements going from 3599 to current faf, it would be strange to go back. Besides T3 navy/naval reclaim the game shouldn't be that strange to old setons players. Increasing t3 air costs didn't have too much of an impact especially on the sim city style used by the common seton pro. Power storage is really not a big deal once you get used to it. It does have an effect on mid play, but it doesn't ruin the game.

I think if there was the option to go to 3599 navy it would be optimal.
no ui lag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdcVdL2kIY
I think this is going to be fun
SeraphimLeftNut
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 219 times
FAF User Name: TA4Life

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 24 Jul 2012, 18:40

GuardPatroller wrote:I just wanted to ask, how does that 6v6 12 player stuff work? Does it modify your game so that on a trip you can play with 11 AI (if you get a great computer) without being online?

Yes, you can (start the specific FAF version of FA.exe and then you'll be able to play skirmishes without being online), but I'm not sure if a great computer would be enough. :P
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby GuardPatroller » 24 Jul 2012, 19:59

Alright, thanks. And lol, with 11 AIx, you'll probably need a hell of a system xD

If I were to get rich, I'd get this http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP9170 and max everything. 4 Ghz OC Quad-core, Nvidia Quad 5010M, 32Gb ram. lol, but it'd be much cheaper to build a desktop. If I did pay the money for that computer, I wouldn't need a new one for about ten years, rofl.
GuardPatroller
Crusader

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 25 Jul 2012, 18:19

What is the reason for you to buy a laptop? A desktop system with the same capabilities is a better choice on financial terms (as well as temperature issues).
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby GuardPatroller » 27 Jul 2012, 20:42

Laptops are mobile, and I don't sit down at a computer for hours a day very frequently. If I were to get a laptop like this, it'd be easier to take to college, and it's powerful enough for me not to need a new one for many years. If it were a desktop, I'd have a much harder time. Also, I don't plan on only using it for games, there's an option to install Microsoft Office Professional, so I could take it to class and do work on it.

Financially, true, realistically I probably won't get the money for it (I wrote a fictional book is why I say if I get rich, though not yet released (though not important)) but it's possible. As for the temperature, my old laptop, the one that broke, had a little fan in it and it was only a 15-inch. I did a lot (intensive gaming and whatnot) with that laptop and it never overheated, even once.
GuardPatroller
Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to Help