Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Voodoo » 14 May 2013, 17:12

It's always the same, you lost a game and you are asking yourself: Why? Why i have lost? You are looking the replay again and again, but there is no answer ...

You can post all your replays here. We (The Trainer Team and all other players who would like to help) will try to have a look on your replay and give you a feedback about your game.

No one wants to insult you here. So if anyone writes "that was a stupid tactic" please don't get it wrong, we are here to help you.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Hascins » 14 May 2013, 18:27

Then please....have a look on this....

how do i counter the early bomber, and could I do better :D
Attachments
915277-Knorpsel.fafreplay
(46.05 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Hascins
Contributor

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Hascins

Postby IronTony » 14 May 2013, 19:39

1. you needn´t spread the engies vs first Bomber (the timing indicates first bomber) he was behind until you sent them off your base(I dont mean you should make them bunch together obviuosly).

2. no land scout or stationary Radar for AA (build 1 AA then landscout so you are able to dodge the bombs and the AA shoots the air better/uses his full range).

3. despite that bomber you are not behind at min 7 you just hadn´t moved all of your army at the front

4. move ur army as one and only split tiny forces off for raiding (army include the commander) at min 11 your army and com aren´t even close to each other

5.why did you go out of your base? build a PD and make the range bots pay out (if your com would have walked at least back to your base instead of doing nonsense at the bottom)

conclusion: You were ahead (that bomber hurted his eco bad) and given that game away trough bad engagements and com micro

you had not build a radar and were not aware that he would counterattack (at min 11:40 you should have realized what was happening) you should have moved your army back then and even if you lost some base he would have given you the reclaim+you had the tech advantage on land + you had air control = you would had won that game

that bomber was not putting him to an advantage but your lack of intel + bad com micro allowed him to beat you
until the last engagmet you were not behind
IronTony
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: IronTony

Postby Voodoo » 14 May 2013, 23:18

As IronTony already said, a land scout is very helpful. When you see that the bomber attacks again, just give your unit a new move order.
You played a little bit too defensive. If someone trys a first bomber, then he has nothing. No raiding, no engie protection and no air.
You have to attack him as soon as possible, but not his main base, just raid his mexxies. You have done this a little bit at the beginning but not enough.
Voodoo

Postby Hascins » 15 May 2013, 09:45

Thx guys! That already helped a lot!

How do i dodge the bombs best? When do I have to give the move order and in which direction? Towards the bomber, to the side?
Hascins
Contributor

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Hascins

Postby laPPen » 15 May 2013, 10:23

normally it is enough if you give your dodging unit a zig-zag move order or a circle-like move order.
make this move order tight and it should be enough
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby Setokaiva » 18 May 2013, 22:37

Note: this is NOT a loss on my part, it's just one of my first serious, fun games on FAF and I'd like to see if anyone can see any areas I could 'tune up' to further improve my game, and anything that stuck out as particularly good. I am playing this one as [IVL]Siravant. Thanks!
Attachments
929215-IVL_Siravant.fafreplay
(37.18 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Setokaiva

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: IVL_Siravant

Postby Voodoo » 19 May 2013, 01:42

Yeah you could build more factories and way faster. It's possible to have 6 factories in under 6 minutes with the reclaim.
The Com upgrade was good, but why t2? Use the gun upgrade when you want to attack.
To say, you played well. More factories would be nice and you can improve your start build order a little bit.

If you want to try something new, then have a look at my fast gun build order:
800086-Voodoo.fafreplay
(34.58 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
Voodoo

Postby Setokaiva » 19 May 2013, 02:36

The main reason I went T2 was so I could have a tactical missile launcher to snipe factories, eco and any T2 defenses he might try to put up. But you're right, I guess I could have made plenty more factories instead for offense... it's just that I like to try and keep my approach balanced and keep myself able to change tactics, adapt to a situation and exploit weaknesses where I can. Pure tank pwnage through the front door is good, but tank pwnage when TML's are destroying your expensive stuff and transports are dropping raiders at your outlying mexes? Even better. xD

Thanks for the tips, though; I'll definitely check out that replay you sent me!
Setokaiva

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: IVL_Siravant

Postby Voodoo » 19 May 2013, 10:27

You can also destroy your factories and reclaim it when you are going to t2. Assist your t2 factory with engies then and spam mobile missle launcher e.g.
Voodoo

Next

Return to Help