Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby RoundTabler » 21 Oct 2013, 16:15

What did I do wrong? I know I stalled at one point (-198 mass), but I couldn't figure out where I was spending it. It resolved itself pretty quickly, so I don't think it effected me too much. Thanks for any input!
Attachments
1437640-RoundTabler.fafreplay
(90.21 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby Gorton » 22 Oct 2013, 23:15

Did I play well here or did steinklotz have a derp?
Attachments
1445063-SN_Gorton.fafreplay
(46.16 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Pr0ph3t » 25 Oct 2013, 18:51

Hi everyone,

Just recently starting playing FA and I was wondering if someone can comment on my last replay, perhaps explain what they would've done different and what I'm doing wrong

Much appreciated!
Attachments
1434311.fafreplay
(53.54 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Pr0ph3t

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Pr0ph3t

Postby Lame » 25 Oct 2013, 20:36

Gorton wrote:Did I play well here or did steinklotz have a derp?

he stalls power/wasting mass from minute 3 without you contributing to it
so you tell me

Pr0ph3t wrote:Hi everyone,

Just recently starting playing FA and I was wondering if someone can comment on my last replay, perhaps explain what they would've done different and what I'm doing wrong

Much appreciated!

-dont play setons 1 n 1
-expand
-fight
Lame
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: Lame

Postby Pr0ph3t » 26 Oct 2013, 18:27

Lame wrote:
Gorton wrote:Did I play well here or did steinklotz have a derp?

he stalls power/wasting mass from minute 3 without you contributing to it
so you tell me

Pr0ph3t wrote:Hi everyone,

Much appreciated!

-dont play setons 1 n 1
-expand
-fight

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

-dont play setons 1 n 1
This is on purpose, I figured if I go up against major odds, it will teach me to fight under pressure, perhaps I should start small though

-expand
I was trying to, this leads to several problems I'm trying to deal with:
1) Mass/energy shortage due to all the construction
2) Micro-management becomes overwhelming. I'm having trouble managing all those engies, while performing construction, while establishing a defense
3) This leaves engineers exposed undefended. Although it is behind my base and toward the front lines, a good player would probably wipe all that out within the first few minutes of the game no?

-fight
Big problem for me.
My objective is to tier 3 as fast as possible, but I need to have some type of defense that can stall the enemy.
While producing that defence, I'm having a hard time being able to assemble a squad to mount an attack, because I produce a factory, give it a patrol route in front of my base, and loop it. (probably wrong, just explaining my current procedure)
Pr0ph3t

FAF User Name: Pr0ph3t

Postby iamDeath123 » 06 Nov 2013, 02:34

Could someone have a look at this? I am wondering where I went wrong in this game.
Attachments
1500804-iamDeath123.fafreplay
(44.49 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
iamDeath123

FAF User Name: iamDeath123

Postby Cantor » 06 Nov 2013, 04:23

You lost because of your buildorder & eco management. You built only 1 factory with your acu. Try this instead: build 1 land factory, build 2 power, build 2 mexes, build 3 power, build another land factory. Secondly, you had not enough power at all at the start. This means that everything is produced very slowly and also your mass extractors only produce a fraction of what they could produce.

Because of these two reasons after only a couple of minutes where hardly any fighting had taken place your opponent already had double the amount of stuff on the field as you have, and he had taken full map control. Also about one third of the army that you did have got killed by civilian point defence. When the deciding battle took place you had around 15 tanks on the field and your enemy around 40 tanks.

So focus on getting a good buildorder, make enough energy (but not too much) and make factories until you run out of mass.
Cantor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Cantor

Postby iamDeath123 » 06 Nov 2013, 13:33

Cantor wrote:You lost because of your buildorder & eco management. You built only 1 factory with your acu. Try this instead: build 1 land factory, build 2 power, build 2 mexes, build 3 power, build another land factory. Secondly, you had not enough power at all at the start. This means that everything is produced very slowly and also your mass extractors only produce a fraction of what they could produce.

Because of these two reasons after only a couple of minutes where hardly any fighting had taken place your opponent already had double the amount of stuff on the field as you have, and he had taken full map control. Also about one third of the army that you did have got killed by civilian point defence. When the deciding battle took place you had around 15 tanks on the field and your enemy around 40 tanks.

So focus on getting a good buildorder, make enough energy (but not too much) and make factories until you run out of mass.

That's interesting, I felt like I built around 4 factories with my acu. Maybe the game ended before they got built. But I agree with you 100% on the energy part. The whole game basically I was stalling for energy, and it really hindered my production. Also the guy had bombers that kept killing my mexes on the outskirts and I couldn't stop his bombs from dropping, so he continuously stopped me from gaining control of those mass points.
iamDeath123

Postby Cantor » 06 Nov 2013, 14:43

I don't mean total factories built over the course of the game, I mean you should build 2-3 factories before walking with your acu outside of your base.
Cantor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Cantor

Postby iamDeath123 » 06 Nov 2013, 17:34

What should I have done about his bombers and pushes up the top side of the ?
iamDeath123

PreviousNext

Return to Help