Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Grapestar » 28 Sep 2013, 03:49

so another replay this time a 1v1 on a map i didnt know went pretty well till i got nuked (was wondering why there were so few units attacking while he had map control) i think i might have won this one if i actually had been more agressive

editing to prevent double post:

well seems 1v1 is really my weak point so here another replay of me utterly failing to keep up
Attachments
1347114-Grapestar.fafreplay
1v1 2
(41.42 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
1342245-Grapestar.fafreplay
1v1 1
(92.89 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Grapestar

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Grapestar

Postby Molotow » 08 Oct 2013, 23:33

Can someone take a look at this and tell me where I went wrong?
replaynumber is 1386157 (molotow vs bartomanboy)
Molotow
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Molotow

Postby Voodoo » 09 Oct 2013, 07:23

Sorry i haven't much time at the moment. I will have a look at the replays todays evening or tomorrow.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby FadingBadger » 09 Oct 2013, 21:28

i really have trouble dealing with turtles this was such a game. can any one tel me what i should have done different in my strategy? (i know my execution wasn't very good but i didn't have great control that game)
replay id: 1389379
FadingBadger
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: das19

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 10 Oct 2013, 02:05

das19, I would say that you need to do two things..... stop wasting mass and pay attention to unit composition.

Stop wasting mass -> you wasted huge amounts of mass for basically the entire game.... had you used all of it to build combat units you probably would have won early, as your raiding was decent. Also, when you started t3 air you were stalling power. Try making use of the RAS upgrade. Since you were Seraphim, double RAS gives you well over 6k power and extra mass to boot.

Pay attention to unit composition -> Early in the game, when you lost most of your outlying base to attacks, you could have completely prevented it with a few well placed t1 PD. His ENTIRE force consisted of tanks. No arty, no MML, nothing. Short range was not an issue, and the PD would have wasted most of his army. Later in the game, when he started turtling, you needed to again pay attention to what he was building and respond in kind. He is building broadswords? Spam mobile flak.... that will also help you out in ASF fights and totally demolishes intis. You can move the flak around to respond to attacks or cover mobile units, and you aren't stuck with stationary defense. He is building t3 point defense? There was not a single t2 arty in his entire base.... you could have built 5-10 t3 mobile arty and slaughtered all his expensive PD with impunity. The last thing you needed to do was build 2 ythothas and gift him the mass through broadswords and turtles.

Long story short.... Try to learn what units generally have what range and abilities, and then try to use them effectively to overpower what you have scouted.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Cantor » 10 Oct 2013, 13:51

The way to counter a turtle is: the mass he spends on defence, you spend on upgrading mass extractors. Then beat him with long range weapons (mobile missile launchers, t3 mobile arty, t2 static arty, and on huge maps perhaps t3 static arty). Do not attack a turtler!
Cantor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Cantor

Postby Voodoo » 10 Oct 2013, 19:09

Carly wrote:Thanks for the last analysis Voodoo, I'm doing better on 1v1 finn's revenge now. I'm making sure to claim mexes early, etc. I do have another replay though if someone has the time to look at it. It is on Isis 2v2. I think I handled it quite well (though I prob didn't as I did lose), but I didn't really know what to do.
Make an experimental? Make more strat bombers? Anyways, thanks for any feedback.

There are many little stones all over the map, reclaim them too. Furthermore you never scout. You need to know what you opponent is doing.
You are the first player with t3 air in this game, you could use your strats easely to destroy all mexxies from the opponent. As you saw that a snipe won't work, go for T4. But not only one GC, 2 or 3.
Voodoo

Postby Voodoo » 10 Oct 2013, 19:26

Grapestar wrote:so here is a setons clutch replay of me as a back player actually rescuing my team from some heavy shit but eventually failing to carry them to a win any tips on how i could have actually carried them to a win?

will also add some more replays when i find them some are pretty far back

Sorry but i have to say it, you are playing setons totaly wrong. You shouldn't go to the front. Your part there is air only.
You have to reclaim the forrest with around 100 engies (no joke). Spam them in 5 or more factories. You can boost your economy with this reclaim.
So it will be possible that you can build T3 air around minute 13.
At first you have to build ASFs (T3 air fighters) then. Fight for the air supremacy and if you got it kill them all :)

replay:
1270199-Voodoo.fafreplay
(250.51 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

casts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QWwbaeCQpY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGOEJbKDjs
Voodoo

Postby Voodoo » 10 Oct 2013, 19:42

Molotow wrote:Can someone take a look at this and tell me where I went wrong?
replaynumber is 1386157 (molotow vs bartomanboy)

Your start buildorder is good and your drops are fast. Also you are reclaiming all the stuff, thats how it should be. So why you lost?
It's easy to say, you were going for a navy rush/spam. Your opponent decided to go only for economy first. That means, you have to attack as fast as possible, but you attack on the wrong point. You need to attack the other islands first, there wasn't even one tank/defence/ship at the start.
But you couldn't know that. The reason is, you never scout.

If you attack his islands and go for his main base after this, it would be an easy win for you, but you attacked the only position with defence.
So try to scout more next and and get an overview. Then you know what to do :)

example:
1201262-Voodoo.fafreplay
(102.9 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Voodoo

Postby Voodoo » 10 Oct 2013, 19:50

Grapestar wrote:so another replay this time a 1v1 on a map i didnt know went pretty well till i got nuked (was wondering why there were so few units attacking while he had map control) i think i might have won this one if i actually had been more agressive

editing to prevent double post:

well seems 1v1 is really my weak point so here another replay of me utterly failing to keep up

You should watch replay from top 10 players. Watch them in the players view (click on the players name at the right top) and press shift the whole game.
Try to do the same as we do.

1300061-Voodoo.fafreplay
(51.51 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

607827-Voodoo.fafreplay
(87.63 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Voodoo

PreviousNext

Return to Help