Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby ZaphodX » 01 Jul 2013, 12:35

Using t1 bombers is as simple as sending them into a large group of units, as long as they drop their bomb they've pretty much paid for themselves. Consider them suicide units. As Kurbain mentioned forcing your opponent to react to them or build more land aa is a bonus.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby Voodoo » 01 Jul 2013, 20:50

Gundersanne wrote:So after a couple of mins my enemy had a large mass advantage, which is why he got to spend more obv.
Still I'd like some insight into where i can improve :)
thx
edit: added another replay

You can reclaim more stuff, there are buildings which gave you nice mass on saltrock and there are also more stones at the top.
You need to send more units to the top, it's more important to get control of the top of the island as at the button. There are 12 mexxies.
You won't lose the button so fast as you have your acu there and a short way to your factories.
Your start build orders is realy nice. You can use your early units to raid some engies when your opponent isn't attacking you.

You should build a 2. air factorie at this map. Bomber can easy raid your bombers without air.
I'm also thinking thats it isn't the way to attack towards the middle of the map. Try to get more map control and tech.
You also missed a radar. You reclaimed a lot but you can reclaim even more :) Try 2. factories which are spaming engies.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Mephi » 30 Jul 2013, 21:38

hey take a look on this pls

i think i lost the game in the beginning..

1153051-Mephi.fafreplay
(85.14 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

and some tips here pls i already asked joly but he meant that i should ask somebody whos better in 1on1

1153051-Mephi.fafreplay
(85.14 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

thx
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby Voodoo » 31 Jul 2013, 23:35

replay 1153051

The problem was your build order. You started to late with building factories. Also 2. air isn't a good strategy on this map.
Just copy a build order from a top 10 player. Furthermoere your commander needs to fight, he was too long in a corner and vs aeon you need to build some t1 pds or a gun upgrade or fast t2 land.
Voodoo

Postby Bliss » 01 Aug 2013, 20:25

I'd like some review/annotations of this match from some veteran players ...

I still struggle to raise my skill and suffer vs decent players, please note down main errors about my gameplay
Attachments
1158675-Bliss.fafreplay
(68.95 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Bliss
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Bliss

Postby Voodoo » 01 Aug 2013, 22:47

replay 1158675

You need to watch after your economic. You had no energy until minute 5 and after that you can't spend your mass. Watch the replay and think about your build order. You should spam faster energy and never waste mass.
Furthermore there are too islands on this map, just send an engy to the top and build a transporter for the button one. To say you lost because you can't manage your economy. Think about it, e.g. a factorie needs ~40 energy, you want to build 10 or more ... and so on. After this we can talk about strategies, it is useless at the moment because your opponent simply overspamed you.
Voodoo

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 01 Aug 2013, 22:57

I am no skilled 1v1 player as many here know, but I can speak for eco management, and I think that is what you need to work on. You had MASSIVE power stall issues for the first several minutes, to the point that you wasted a ton of mass. You have access to 4 hydros on that map, so it would have been a good idea to send multiple engies out to claim them ASAP for cheap power as opposed to 1 on hydro build and 2 building normal pgens. You spent most of the game with your storage full and wasted over 2500 mass, most of that in the crucial early minutes. I really think that if you fixed your eco issues you would be well on your way to improving.

One other side note, against Aeon on a water map you can pretty much bank on aurora attack. Arty can't cross the water, so 2 PD on that bank covered by a handful of tanks would have let you focus your whole attention on the land bridge. Alternately, your arty floats so you would do well to counter attack.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby lextoc » 12 Aug 2013, 21:53

http://faforever.com/faf/vault/replay_v ... id=1193252

Can someone give me some feedback on this one. I struggle at what I should build eco-wise (upgrades, defenses, facupgrades, etc.). I know in general what I do wrong but would like to hear some feedback from more experienced players
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby Voodoo » 14 Aug 2013, 19:47

Hi lextoc,

at first i have to say your first raiding is realy good, your bomber could kill many engies. Also t1 pds are a good idea vs aeon and
it's always nice to have some t1 aa and t2 tmd (damn mercies! ^^)
So you had an early advantage. But why you lost then?

1. Problem: seraphim vs aeon
Your t2 land was way too slow. Your were trying to fight vs the auroras with t1 tanks + artys.
An arty spam can work with good micro, but you couldn't micro because you had no radar at the front.
Try to spam some more radars (stationary and mobile).

2. Problem: the eco push
You tried an huge t1 spam and after this you started teching mexxies. Thats too late in my eyes.
I prefer an early t2 mex. To say i think it's the best when you are teching a minimum of one mexxie all the time.
At the start you need to reclaim faster and with more engies to have enough mass for it. Later you can pause some factories
or you can wait until you saved enough mass to push one mex at once.

3. Problem: scouting
You never scouted. So your early attacks were running into the acu and into a larger army.
I could say this 100 times, scout scout scout!!!

Here is a replay from me, i have a mass income from 150 at minute 18:
1169581-Voodoo.fafreplay
(76 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Summary:
- reclaim more and faster
- scout scout scout!
- try to tech mexxies earlier
- go fast t2 vs aeon
Voodoo