Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Paisley » 11 Oct 2016, 18:48

Thank you for the eco tipps, I'll do so from now on.
I though swiftwinds are a good air defense, cheaper than T3, am I wrong? Also I read that Aeon Gunships are a good choice so I build them. So what do you say: T3 ASF and Strat-Bombers?
Paisley

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Paisley

Postby TheKoopa » 11 Oct 2016, 19:03

Restorers are a good choice when you have air domination. As they are able to attack both air and ground, they are weaker vs air mass for mass than ASF are, and worse vs ground mass for mass than spectars

(But they have an ass load of health so they are more relevant than t2 gunships in the late game)
Last edited by TheKoopa on 13 Oct 2016, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Darth_Google » 12 Oct 2016, 10:49

TheKoopa wrote:Restorers are a good choice when you have air domination. As they are able to attack both land and ground, they are weaker vs air mass for mass than ASF are, and worse vs ground mass for mass than spectars

(But they have an ass load of health so they are more relevant than t2 gunships in the late game)

I believe they are also excel in gunship-to-gunship combat, but since nobody bothers to fight gunships with gunships it rarely comes into play.
A useful guide for a newer players that i find a great success following to.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13336
Darth_Google

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Darth_Google

Postby Darth_Google » 12 Oct 2016, 18:13

Ok yesterday i played a 3-way FFA and almost pulled a win but lost because i did not exactly know HOW many mercies you need to kill a com and also facetanked for no reason after losing half HP after baiting another player.

So i know why i lost but i'd really appreciate the analysis on the replay anyways.
Attachments
5263364-Darth_Google.fafreplay
(78.14 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

Darth_Google

Postby Darth_Google » 15 Oct 2016, 00:51

And another question.

Here i try a bomber first but fail spectacularly. Almost pull a win out of the turtle's hands in the end but still die.

I feel the problem being is that i get a bomber about minute too late than it should be, fail to secure map control, then try to go for a guncom when its too late for that which makes the situation worse and then it goes downhill on the spiral.

I tried to bait his units out of turret coverage and well.. could've worked if not for that pesky Titan or something.

Probably should've airdropped com over the hill to get to the factory, or should've not tried to go 1st bomber in current patch while not being familiar with how it works, but man..

This hurts me.

I'd really aprreciate any and all advice on the replay i have there.
Attachments
5277401-Darth_Google.fafreplay
(73.71 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

Darth_Google

Postby Thatcherite » 05 Dec 2016, 20:21

Can someone give me some advice on how to improve my late game? I've now lost two ladder matches on crossfire canal where I just end up a bit lost, not knowing what to do. During the replay below I felt like I was way behind, but after re-watching maybe I was still in the game, just didn't have the persistence to keep playing....

Cheers
Attachments
5499047-Thatcherite.fafreplay
(139.15 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Thatcherite
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Thatcherite

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 13 Feb 2017, 00:53

Darth_Google,

1st bomber is feasible. Do 1 pgen, air fac, then 1-2 mexes and several more pgens. You just need a scout AND a bomber so your B.O. should be bomber + scout. Then yes, don't attack the turtles base - follow "The Art of War" and attack a weak expansion/base/etc or try to eliminate a small enemy group by attacking with an overwhelming force. If a player turtles, he invests plenty into defense and nearly nothing into offense.

There's a reason why PDs are labeled as "defense" - they are static and do not kill anything outside their range. If someone storms head on - then they earn back their mass very quickly. If not... they are useless.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby EloTime » 22 Mar 2017, 00:23

600 vs 700 rated Ladder game. I lost the game in 4 minutes and the main reason i see is luck. (I know that is not the case) But he sends 2 tanks to the left expansion and i send 1, so i lose it. I send 3 tanks to the right expansion and he sends his com so i can not gain this one too. His lab finishes my mex while my tanks shoot the ground...
Is my start build really this bad or what allowed him to win so early?
UID:5964839
EloTime

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TCN_24

Postby Deribus » 19 Apr 2017, 23:45

Replay UID : 6078785

I ended up winning here but I freely admit I shouldn't have. I got out eco-ed hard and that is a mystery to me since I feel like I prevented my opponent from keeping much map control. I have a lot of problems on this map and I'm not sure why.
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby BobaFett » 15 Jun 2018, 10:42

Hey I noticed this thread is pretty empty, but I really enjoy this game and I could really use some help. I was playing Aeon as the grey faction in the furthest bottom right, I would just like to know if I did well on my part as air or how I could improve, mainly in my economy, thanks.
Attachments
8094026-BobaFett.fafreplay
(559.2 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
BobaFett

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: BobaFett

Previous

Return to Help