Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Mephi » 15 Nov 2013, 12:10

@sagax
i agree with cantor but i have some more things

1. ur acu walks at the beginning not so important but annoying

2. u wasted much mass

3. protect ur expanding engies(only possible trough more land facs^^)

4. dont build so much t1 mobile aa and t2 MML

5. u should use the adjency bonus for ur land facs

6. reclaime more, especially the stones near the hill u start

7. more Scouting, Radars, mobile scouts(especially for aurora range)

8. rebuild ur expansions faster

just copy some buildorders from top players, example RA_ZLO, Voodoo, BC_Blackheart etc.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby the_lynx2 » 22 Nov 2013, 21:15

Ok managed to not ctrl-k myself in this one, although my opponent did out of rage or simply conceding defeat.

Would like any feedback on my game-play in this one.

Firstly things i know:

1. i wasted my first three jesters - that was silly.
2. I started the gun upgrade on my com without thinking of power implications first (something i wont be doing again) and had to cancel it the first time.
3. The first pd i build is probably a waste.

4. I was beating him on eco (yay!) and used the early reclaim to get a mex to t2 - is this a good use of the mass or is there something else i should invest in.

5. I got his t2 hq down to 3000 hp at one point and then pulled back, could probably have committed and killed it there but pulled back.

glad to hear anything else you spot.
Attachments
1559677- Advice appreciated.fafreplay
I win yay!
(23.82 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
the_lynx2
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: the_lynx2

Postby Reaper Zwei » 23 Nov 2013, 08:40

@the_lynx2

Watched your replay and this is my opinion:

First like to say that your right on all of your own points but the 5th, if you had committed you more than likely would have lost cause by the time you got his HQ down to those 3000hp all that was left to finish it was your Com and his Com was right there and it was healthier than yours, and he was blapping away at you.

Next I'd like to say that you built to much anti air. You could have toggled it to ground fire though since you were playing Cybran(t1 Cybran anti air special ability).

Lastly is that you could have won that game sooner I think if you had gone straight land spam.(yes I know its not fancy but it gets the job done) He went for early T2 means you would have overwhelmed him with numbers.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby the_lynx2 » 23 Nov 2013, 11:14

Thanks very much for your advice, ill take it on board.

i did switch my anti air to ground fire at some points but yes you're right i should have reduced it in my mix.

thanks also for your other two points, very helpful.
the_lynx2
Crusader

Postby the_lynx2 » 02 Dec 2013, 23:11

Another one for you,

i think i know most of the points where i went wrong on this one (one being all my power in one place and stalling it alot :shock: and also allowing the second and third drops to be successful )

i just thought it was a nice comeback to watch and maybe analyse (mostly due to his mistakes and through no skill of mine).
Attachments
1598471 - Thelynx2 high noon.fafreplay
(59.76 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
the_lynx2
Crusader

Postby Reaper Zwei » 03 Dec 2013, 03:20

@the_lynx2
It's me again.

A few things in this one: Its not always bad to build your power all in one spot as long as you protect it, and yes you stalled it way to much. I don't know if you've seen them before but TA4life did some good build order videos awhile back. I say this because your opening was a bad build order. Watch his videos and you'll understand.

Another thing is that you were in no position to stop any of those drops. I'd say that even on a map such as this you need to make some mantis for defense.

Another thing I noticed, you don't scout all that much. You scouted him at the beginning but then stopped. If you had continued scouting then you may have seen that he was preparing a drop or two...

One last thing why did you continually move your ships out of his harbour? You should have left them there especially when you had those 3 destroyers. They would have ripped his base apart and then when he moves inland the destroyers can chase.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby ColonelSheppard » 03 Dec 2013, 11:29

@the_lynx2

you build your first offensive unit (a frigate) at min 8:30 and you dont scout upon this point
by doing so you basicly lost already and the only reason why this game kept going was because your oppnent tried to atack your commander with his drops, if he would have run elsewhere he would have won early

also you tech mass very early (too early), have little use of navy after you have concentrated on it so much and SCOOOOOOUUUUT :mrgreen:
not sure how he lost this

So me says 8-)
1. Scouting
2. way earlier offensive units (on maps like this with Cybran double air (2nd&3rd) or Air-Navy
3. be carefull with putting too much mass into mex tech
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby the_lynx2 » 03 Dec 2013, 18:53

cheers for all the advice- taken on board.

(i will make the excuses that i hadn't played this map before and i was tired when i played it. however still was atrocious play on my part)

i hope my next replay will show improvement in some of the areas you have pointed out.
the_lynx2
Crusader

Postby the_lynx2 » 03 Dec 2013, 19:35

Ok follow up game to this one, used a (more) proper build order and delayed my mex upgrades to later. had too little build capacity to utilise most of the reclaim so that is something i should consider on maps like this with lots of reclaim.

i had a slight lead at the end but nothing i can see that would make him quit. is there something im missing or was he simply busy with other things?

finally i know my apm suffered but im proud of the hunter micro i did to kill a striker (and that mex)

anything else and i hope you agree there has been an improvement (in what little of the game there is)
Attachments
1600788.fafreplay
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
the_lynx2
Crusader

Postby Grapestar » 04 Dec 2013, 03:40

Got another setons game here, tried following the tips i got the last time
i died in a stupid way though >.> got swarmed by t2 gunships after losing most of the air i had to an allied nuke and enemy dead blast
anymore tips on how i can be faster with my eco? i took quite some time to get it going.
anyway here it is: replayid: 1602126
Attachments
1602126-setons thingy thing.fafreplay
(375.46 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Grapestar

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Grapestar

PreviousNext

Return to Help