Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby Flynn » 19 May 2013, 12:13

Voodoo wrote:Yeah you could build more factories and way faster. It's possible to have 6 factories in under 6 minutes with the reclaim.
The Com upgrade was good, but why t2? Use the gun upgrade when you want to attack.
To say, you played well. More factories would be nice and you can improve your start build order a little bit.

If you want to try something new, then have a look at my fast gun build order:
800086-Voodoo.fafreplay

Nice replay there, Voodoo! Quite hilarious actually :lol: Good job on showing Yann!
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Postby Kurbain » 19 May 2013, 21:40

SUch an early Gun Upgrade can be really problematic.
What would you do if an enemy did that to you, Voodoo?
Kurbain

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Kurbain

Postby Voodoo » 21 May 2013, 00:22

Ah it's realy difficult on winter duel. I think you should always make gun upgrade or rush t2.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby ColonelSheppard » 21 May 2013, 00:50

if the enemy has gun on winterduell and you only have t1 spam then you are pretty much screwed
you can try to get also gun or you can try to run in with your commander and everything you have and get a draw
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby keyser » 23 May 2013, 01:51

hello, I did have a discution with flinn about the game (and after watching the replay, I did realise that I wasn't so behind). But I would like to have some advice to understand what are my biggest mistake, what I should improve...
I'm a newby, so I'm training, but I can't understand every mistake I done. I already saw some, but still need help !
thank you !

http://faforever.com/faf/vault/replay_v ... ?id=942217
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Cheva » 23 May 2013, 05:53

Salut,

@Keyser

To start your unit build from the first factory was very heavy on engies. Starting with 5 engies on a wide open map where you need to expand is dangerous. How did you plan on defending those engies ? Early game be careful of your engie and unit mix. On a open map like canis you need to protect those engineers as they are important. (more early troops to defend the engies from your starting factory)

Issue 2 you quickly built the hydro with your commander but you did not really use that power. If you are going to prioritize the hydro like that make sure to build an air factory or spam up some quick land factories to make good use of the extra power.

The largest issue was probably how slow you built factories. You can build those factories much faster which will let you spam more units to control the map. As a result of not having enough factories you were floating a lot of mass. Your mass bar should be almost empty in a perfect world. You need to be efficient with your resources. This ties into my next point. You built a lot of t1 power but you did not use it. Those t1 pgens cost 75 mass and if you build too much energie on a small 1v1 map without using it the energy is wasted as well as the mass.

The last thing I will mention is that you had many troops and some radar coverage but you played really defensive with your units. You should attack on multiple fronts and use the cybran mantis speed to harass the enemy. Be aggressive with your acu in the early game too as he is more efficient at attacking on small maps.

Hopefully you can find some help in my post.

Chevalier
"Mieux vaut savoir que richesse. "
Cheva
Contributor

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: Chevalier

Postby keyser » 23 May 2013, 12:45

merci !
je vais essayer d'améliorer tout ça :)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Astrofoo » 29 May 2013, 21:43

So I just played a ladder match on Twin Rivers. (No this is not the one with the bugged fighter/bombers, that's in a seperate forum.) Me and my opponent both had very nice spams and I had t2 + gun on my seraphim acu. I proceeded to then roll through a lot of his spam.(Got something like 110 kills and had full vet.) His spam wasn't letting up because for every mantis I destroyed two seemed to take its place. Since my eco was doing well I went t2 and spammed some Illshavohs. Our spams were STILL even. Eventually tho I started to gain ground. I tried to raid a few times but was stopped by some pd and the defending mantis. He had air but I had made some t2 flak so I was okay there. I had both side islands and was getting multiple t2 mexes without difficulty. However, he started to build t2 PD near his base and so I charged it and OC'd them. About a minute later I was surrounded by about 60 mantis and got killed. His spam + t2 pd won out. Replay below. My question is this: What would a top player have done in this situation? I think my mistake was going head first after the t2 pd.(Having full vet t2 gunned Sera acu with 20k health made me slightly overconfident I admit.) Should I have pulled back and switched to air? Spammed mmls? Gone t3 and made siege tanks and run him over?

Thanks for any advice.

P.S. I've been on a 14 game losing streak last two days and this game pretty much sums it up.
Attachments
Twin Rivers ladder match loss.fafreplay
(83.49 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Postby Napalm175 » 01 Jun 2013, 14:01

I am not a noob, but I would like some advice on one particular game. This is a fun game against Exivo, in which I had the advantage for the early-middle game. Eventually though through mass donations I allowed him to keep up in eco, turtle, and eventually win. I would just like to know how I could have played better, maybe a few general tips.
Attachments
971101-BC_Napalm.fafreplay
(134.77 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Napalm175
Contributor

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 58 times
FAF User Name: undefined

Postby ColonelSheppard » 01 Jun 2013, 15:22

Well:
- you neglated the sideislands, even when you pushed him away with gunships
- you run into the T2 PD instead of sitting back and building MML with your advantage
- you didnt really manage your gunships well
- you ran into his army with single or small groups of units
- your didnt up your mexes behind your base
- in fact you missed the moment where you should have gone for eco
Attachments
1128230-ColonelSheppard.fafreplay
(162.57 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by ColonelSheppard on 23 Jul 2013, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

PreviousNext

Return to Help